The Official PS4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i15GGiH1OQgUK.gif

i7kGzzlg7yYRp.gif

I've been on record several times here saying that I doubt we'll be getting new consoles this year even though they will be revealed at E3, but at this point, with all of the talk about this meeting and speculation by various people in the industry, Sony would lose a lot of points if they didn't reveal the PS4. I think all of the signs point at a reveal and this meeting has gotten a lot of hype because of it so they would foolish if they did something not related to next-gen.

As for the Vita patent, I read something a while ago saying that Sony actually filed several patents over the past few years for new designs for things like Playstation Move and the Dual Shock that ultimately amounted to nothing, so I wouldn't be surprised of nothing came from this. Although I think if they do bring up the Vita in the meeting, it will most likely be to talk about connectivity to the PS4.

Yeah I think Sony would be a laughing stock for the rest of history if they don't announce the PS4 with all the hype they have been promoting

It could be both. This meeting doesn't have to only be about the PS4. I can see them opening up with Vita info and a possible redesign/price drop seems very possible

I feel like Sony will talk about the Vita first and lead into a big announcement.

They would be fools to not talk about the Vita with the eyes of the gaming industry upon them.

.... The Steam box IS the PS4. That would be earth shattering.

If Valve hadn't already announced their own plans, I defintely could see them partnering with Sony to have implementation of Steam within the PS4. They seemed to be testing the waters like with Portal 2 and crossplatform play with Steam on PCs. This could have been a game changer if it were integrated into the PS4 from the beginning and more developers had access to take advantage of that.

I've actually heard people talking about it... Friend of mine said that at their Manager's Meeting in LA (GameStop) that a topic was discussed about Valve and Sony teaming up.

I highly doubt that it happens...But can you imagine if it did?

Meaning PS4 would play console games yet also PC games via steam and play them using a TV!?

Would be HUGE But I think IF Valve did a partnership like that it'd be with Xbox 3

Nah. Valve's relationship with Microsoft is very strained.

There's at least some precedent for Sony and Valve teaming up.

Oh,Well either way it'd be perfect for someone like me who loves consoles&want to continue with them yet also want to become a PC gamer again(I don't own a computer right now)

What the PS4 needs is a Steam App for PS4 games. Imagine the sales!

Meaning PS4 would play console games yet also PC games via steam and play them using a TV!?

Would be HUGE But I think IF Valve did a partnership like that it'd be with Xbox 3
I was thinking also more of the lines of PSN using Steam as its framework going forward. Anyone who had issues about it this gen, would defiantly have to rethink that stance if it got that type of upgrade for the PS4

I so hope they will announce a price drop for the vita!

It would go along with Sony's new found one of digital download that's for sure.

What the PS4 needs is a Steam App for PS4 games. Imagine the sales!

That would be fantastic and easily possible with Sony instead of Microsoft.

I'm still sad I never got my TF2 DLC on 360. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"