The Official PS4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that! Only one place to pre-order it now but I signed up to be emailed when it becomes available. (Physical copy I mean)

I saw that! Only one place to pre-order it now but I signed up to be emailed when it becomes available. (Physical copy I mean)
Yeah, I am considering it. Especially the Collector's edition. I have been waiting for this to happen for a while. Good to see it is finally coming.

Good. Let the PS4 live!

[FONT=&quot]Shawn Layden, the president and CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment America, sat down to make it clear that we probably won't be seeing the PlayStation 5 anytime soon.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Golem.de asked Shawn Layden a number of questions regarding the PS4, PS4 Pro, and the eventual PS5, starting with when Sony will publish/develop a game for the PlayStation 4 Pro that won't work on the original PlayStation 4.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]According to Layden, there will never come a time when a game works on the PS4 Pro and not on the original PS4. In fact, the PS4 Pro is only meant to be something for the players who want to take advantage of 4K, not to bring any disadvantage to original PS4 owners.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]With that explanation, Golem.de asked if Sony will be relying on the PlayStation 5 to be a true entry in the PlayStation console lineup.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To this question, Layden stated that "will probably be some time" before we see the PS5, but that they will indeed be waiting for the PS5 to be next installment in the PlayStation console lineup.

[/FONT]
IN THIS ARTICLE

Tags:
PS4

source: http://www.gamezone.com/
GZ_logo-e60bbbfb8172ed2476fe1c65210e382e.svg

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
NEWS
PS4 Trophies to sync faster, still not immediate Today at 3:02 pm

PlayStation owners can look forward to their hard earned Trophies syncing "much more quickly" than...Read more

[/FONT]

It's so fast now that it might as well be immediate!

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
PlayStation owners can look forward to their hard earned Trophies syncing "much more quickly" than before! With that being said, while they are faster, they are not immediate.

Which means that you will still need to go into the Trophies sub-section of the main menu to get the syncing process started. PlayStation did not detail if the faster Trophy syncing will also be available on PS3.

Good news! Your trophies will now sync much quicker than ever before on your PS4, so it’ll be easier to show off your achievements! pic.twitter.com/bUhMZ9UBEQ
— PlayStation Europe (@PlayStationEU) July 5, 2017

Hopefully, this update will usher in an update that will allow Trophies to synchronize immediately like the Xbox One and Xbox 360 allow
[/FONT]
source: http://www.gamezone.com/

PlayStation 4
[FONT=&quot]Sign-up for the PS4 system update 5.0 beta[/FONT]
Published 4 hours ago. 47 comments.

Sign-ups available worldwide.
PS4-Firmware-5-0-Beta_07-19-17.jpg
Sony Interactive Entertainment has opened beta test sign-ups for PlayStation 4 system software update 5.0.
Interested users can register at the following links:

You can sign up anytime between today and the start of the beta in early August (in Japan, registration ends on July 27). Users must be of 18 years or older.

source: Gematsu.

They hike the price again in the US and I'll be abandoning it for good going forward. I really don't think I'm getting bang for my buck with PS Plus. The free games aren't consistently good and I've been online gaming on my PC more and more. I think this is the last year I bother with PS Plus.

I remember when online play was free on the PS3.

PS Vita, 3DS, PlayStation 4, Switch
[FONT=&quot]Media Create Sales: 7/24/17 – 7/30/17[/FONT]
Published 2 hours ago. 79 comments.
Dragon Quest XI sells 2,099,203 copies.

MCS_08-02-17.jpg

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age sold 2,099,203 copies on 3DS and 1,148,888 copies on PlayStation 4 for a total of 950,315 sales within its first two days of release, the latest Media Create sales numbers reveal.

The release of Dragon Quest XI pushed 3DS family hardware sales to 142,600 (up from 34,145 last week) and PlayStation 4 family hardware sales to 93,356 (up 30,878 from last week). Switch also held its ground during Dragon Quest XI release week, selling an additional 89,314 units.

Get the full sales charts below.

Software Sales (followed by lifetime sales)

1. [3DS] Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (Square Enix, 07/29/17) – 1,148,888 (New)
  2. [PS4] Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (Square Enix, 07/29/17) – 950,315 (New)
  3. [NSW] Splatoon 2 (Nintendo, 07/21/17) – 105,326 (753,411)
  4. [3DS] Layton’s Mystery Journey: Katrielle and The Millionaires’ Conspiracy(Level-5, 07/20/17) – 24,491 (95,358)
  5. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 13,841 (601,869)
  6. [3DS] Hey! Pikmin (Nintendo, 07/13/17) – 11,900 (99,394)
  7. [PS4] Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (Square Enix, 07/13/17) – 8,158 (127,971)
  8. [3DS] Sumikko Gurashi: Koko, Doko Nan Desu? (Nippon Columbia, 07/20/17) – 8,027 (28,910)
  9. [PSV] Kenka Bancho Otome: My Honey of Absolute Perfection (Spike Chunsoft, 07/27/17) – 6,931 (New)
  10. [NSW] Arms (Nintendo, 06/16/17) – 5,959 (183,945)
  11. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Limited Edition Included) (Nintendo, 03/03/17) – 5,803 (548,819)
  12. [PS4] Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy (Bandai Namco, 07/27/17) – 5,626 (New)
  13. [PS4] Gundam Versus (Limited Edition Included) (Bandai Namco, 07/06/17) – 5,294 (149,137)
  14. [3DS] Pokemon Sun / Pokemon Moon (Nintendo, 11/18/16) – 5,283 (3,300,384)
  15. [PS4] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered (SIE, 07/27/17) – 4,879 (New)
  16. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (SIE, 03/19/15) – 3,867 (1,184,150)
  17. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf Amiibo+ (Nintendo, 11/23/16) – 3,607 (208,705)
  18. [PSV] Wagamama High Spec (Limited Edition Included) (iMel, 07/27/17) – 3,062 (New)
  19. [PSV] The Fruit of Grisaia: Side Episode (Prototype, 07/27/17) – 3,052 (New)
  20. [PSV] Hiiro no Kakera: Omoi Iro no Kioku (Limited Edition Included) (Idea Factory, 07/27/17) – 2,914 (New)
Hardware Sales (followed by last week’s sales)

1. New 2DS LL – 110,963 (17,717)
  2. Switch – 89,314 (98,999)
  3. PlayStation 4 – 82,368 (23,841)
  4. New 3DS LL – 26,587 (13,108)
  5. PlayStation 4 Pro – 10,988 (7,037)
  6. PlayStation Vita – 4,967 (4,545)
  7. 2DS – 3,680 (2,300)
  8. New 3DS – 1,370 (1,020)
  9. Wii U – 142 (176)
  10. PlayStation 3 – 121 (142)
  11. Xbox One – 94 (77)
Thanks, 4Gamer.net.

source: Gematsu

[FONT=&quot]
safe_image.php
safe_image.php

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This week’s PlayStation Store deals revealed August 2, 2017

The latest batch of deals for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and Vita owners are now available.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Read more[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

also with

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]PlayStation 4 system software update 4.73 released August 2, 2017

Sony has pushed a new system software update live for PlayStation 4.Read more
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]source: EGMnow

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

PlayStation 4
[FONT=&quot]First PS4 system update 5.0 details[/FONT]
Published 6 hours ago. 93 comments.

Stream on Twitch at 1080p in 60 frames per second on PS4 Pro.

PS4-Update-5p0-Eurogamer_08-09-17.jpg

First details on the recently announcedEurogamer, which obtained a copy of the update’s release notes.

Here’s the summary of what’s new:

• PlayStation 4 Pro owners can stream via Twitch in 1080p at 60 frames per second.
  • The system’s master and sub account systems has been overhauled. New family accounts an feature multiple adlt accounts in a single family, able to act in a parent / guardian role and set parental controls on a per-account basis, allowing each sub account different communications, content-viewing, and spending limit privelages. Requets can also be sent to adult accounts on other PlayStation 4s to join the same family.
  • Players can follow any user.
  • Notifications have been added to the Quick Menu. Uploads and downloads status can also be checked here.
  • Push notifications for events.
  • Specator comments on screen while broadcasting in virtual reality mode.
  • Broadcasts can be linked to a PlayStation Community.
  • Language support for Czech, Thai, Greek, Indonesian, Vietnamese, Romanian and Hungarian.
  • Behind-the-scenes support for bundle and compilation discs, with or without add-ons, and discs which support games and add-ons (such as a “Game of the Year Edition”), which do not require developers rework any code.
A release date for the update has yet to be announced.

source: Gematsu.

PS4 putting out yet another amazing exclusive game this year with Hellblade. XBone can't compare outside of multi-platform.

PS4 putting out yet another amazing exclusive game this year with Hellblade. XBone can't compare outside of multi-platform.
It's also available on PC so technically not a PS4 exclusive.

It's a console exclusive. PC is another platform.

It's a console exclusive. PC is another platform.
Then it is a multiplatform game. Whenever I read "this game is [insert system here] exclusive" I take the literal definition of exclusive i.e. not available on other systems. Horizon Zero Dawn is a PS4 exclusive because it's developed for the PS4 only. League of Legends is a PC exclusive because it's developed for the PC only.

I don't know if this is a thing between Playstation and Xbox consumers (I stay away from console wars :oldrazz:) so maybe "exclusive" is now a marketing buzzword and is thrown to define a game that is not available on a competing console. :shrug: Similarly to the comics industry: someone exclusive to Marvel cannot write/draw at DC (or vice-versa) but that doesn't stop them from working at Dark Horse or Image.

It's a console exclusive as in not available for X-Box or Nintendo. You're not gonna find it in any other consoles but the PS4.

Is it multiplatform? Well, I guess that's one way to look at it.

Been playing a lot of Lawbreakers the last few days, streamed and one person who was watching said it's better on the Pro. I don't have a 4K tv, should I even think about getting a Pro?

Last edited:
I wouldn't recommend that. When the Pro launched I bought the Slim (which is less expensive) and I love it.
Without the 4K TV I don't think you would see any notable differences.

yeah, if you don't have a 4K tv, and you don't see yourself getting one in the near future, then I wouldn't recommend getting a Pro. The regular/Slim PS4 would be fine.

However, if you see yourself getting a 4K tv soon, then I'd suggest going for the Pro to "future proof." The Pro is worth it if you have a 4K tv, and you can tell a difference, imo.

I hope there will be more features in the final 5.0 update when it releases.

mainly, I just want to be able to choose any image from my USB stick as my background, instead of having to go through the whole "screenshot" route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"