The Official PS4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
PlanetSide 2 plans huge ‘Critical Mass’ revamp update to fix factional point system

August 17,2017 2 comments

Daybreak is a whirlwind this week: First it broke up the H1Z1 party and got Just Survive its own apartment, and now it’s bringing PlanetSide 2 up to speed. The studio is unveiling what it’s calling Critical Mass, an update planned for later in August that overhauls the game’s victory point system.

“Previously, the VP system acted as a sort of checklist where factions would complete various objectives which then rewarded points to that faction,” Daybreak explains. “Earning these points was somewhat removed from the moment to moment experience, and would often reward factions for what they’ve done in the past, instead of painting a picture of the current state of a continent. This was especially noticeable toward the end of the process, where continents would lock abruptly, often interrupting high-intensity battles in a dissatisfying or anticlimactic way

Read more

source: Massivelyop.com/

[FONT=&quot] Two articles from different places .one mostly in video and the other fallowing confirming the video info in written form .

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
hqdefault.jpg
[/FONT]

[YT]HSJETWB3Ryg[/YT]
PS4 Getting Cross-Platform Multiplayer? - The Rundown - Electric Playground

1,083 views [FONT=Roboto !important]17 hours ago[/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important]Publisherb on 08/24/2017[/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]
[FONT=Roboto !important]Today in the Rundown, we have good news for PS4 gamers holding out hope for cross-platform multiplayer! We also slay the latest on Monster Hunter World, have loads of news
[FONT=&quot]of news about upcoming DC and Marvel movies, slice up a surprise new Hatchet movie, and finally, switch over the Final Fantasy 15![/FONT]
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Also confirming it below

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]NEWSMicrosoft says they are "absolutely" talking to Sony about crossplayYesterday at 4:07 pm

9 Comments
Crossplay continues to be a hot topic, particularly as it pertains to Sony and Microsoft. In speaking with...Read more

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

source:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]EPN.tv& Gamezone
[/FONT]

Last edited:
hqdefault.jpg

[YT]ZaMr7UTT5ag[/YT]
Destiny 2 Rewards Returning Players - The Rundown - Electric Playground[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]1.1K views11 hours ago Published on 08/30/2017[/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important]
[FONT=Roboto !important]Today in the Rundown, we loot some very good news for Destiny 2 players! We also find out when a pair of unique new games are coming to the PlayStation VR, learn how
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is already inspiring other big game franchises, get customizable with Dawn of War 3, and finally, replicate the latest on Blade Runner 2049![/FONT]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
source:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]EPN.tv[/FONT]

PlayStation 4
[FONT=&quot]Sony announces TGS 2017 lineup and stage schedule[/FONT]

Published 3 hours ago. 13 comments.
21 playable titles at the PlayStation booth.

Sony-TGS17-Lineup.jpg

Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia has opened its official Tokyo Game Show 2017 website and announced its lineup of playable titles and stage schedule for the late-September event.
Here is the full lineup:
PlayStation 4 Titles

• Call of Duty: WWII (SIE)
  • Code Vein (Bandai Namco)
  • Detroit: Become Human (SIE)
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy NT (Square Enix)
  • Dragon Ball FighterZ (Bandai Namco)
  • Dynasty Warriors 9 (Koei Tecmo)
  • Earth Defense Force 5 (D3 Publisher)
  • Gran Turismo Sport (SIE)
  • Itadaki Street Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary (Square Enix)
  • Knack 2 (SIE)
  • Marvel. vs Capcom: Infinite (Capcom)
  • Monster Hunter: World (Capcom)
  • Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom (Level-5)
  • Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet (Bandai Namco)
  • Taiko Drum Master: Drum Session! (Bandai Namco)
  • Yakuza: Kiwami 2 (Sega)
PlayStation VR Titles

• The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR (Bethesda Softworks)
  • Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV (Square Enix)
  • No Heroes Allowed! VR (SIE)
  • Summer Lesson: Chisato Shinjo – Shichiyou no Etude (Basic Game Pack) (Bandai Namco)
“PlayStation Presents Live Show at TGS 2017” Titles

• Code Vein (Bandai Namco)
  • Detroit: Become Human (SIE)
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy NT (Square Enix)
  • Dynasty Warriors 9 (Koei Tecmo)
  • Monster Hunter: World (Capcom)
  • Yakuza: Kiwami 2 (Sega)
Sony noted for all three lists that they consist of information it can announce as of September 12, suggesting more titles may be added after its September 19 pre-Tokyo Game Show 2017 press conference. Its Tokyo Game Show 2017 website also does not list the titles Sony is bringing to the show, noting that details will be announced after September 19.
The “PlayStation Presents Live Show at TGS 2017” titles will be showcased during stage events at the Sony booth. Here is the full schedule:
September 21
10:00 to 17:00 (YouTube) – PlayStation Presents Live Show at TGS 2017 – The official broadcast from the PlayStation booth at Tokyo Game Show 2017. Full of information on new titles and gameplay. Featuring game-loving MCs Hatsune Matsushima and Akaishi-sensei, viewers who could not make it to the Makuhari Messe can use this stream to follow what’s going on.

• 10:10 to 10:20 – PlayStation Presents Live Show at TGS 2017: Business Day Opening – Game-loving MCs Hatsune Matsushima and Akaishi-sensei go over the highlights of the day and lineup.
  • 10:20 to 10:50 – PlayStation Presents Live Show at TGS 2017: PlayStation Booth Introduction – MCs Hatsune Matsushima and Akaishi-sensei’s report on the PlayStation booth at Tokyo Game Show 2017.
  • 12:00 to 12:30 – PlayStation Presents Live Show at TGS 2017: PlayStation Music / PlayStation Video – Featuring special guest Ayahi Takagaki (voice actress), a full report on the valuable information and the charm of PlayStation Music and PlayStation Video. Also an introduction to Takagaki’s works and songs, and this month’s latest distribution information.
  • 13:30 to 14:10 – PlayStation Presents Live Show at TGS 2017: PlayStation Plus – The August 31-released Everybody’s Glf supports online multiplayer with PlayStation Plus. MCs Hatsune Matsushima and Akaishi-sensei play together with various developers. Plus, a full report on not only PlayStation Plus’ online multiplayer, but also other valuable information.
  • 15:00 to 15:40 – PlayStation Presents Live Show at TGS 2017: ForwardWorks – Contents to be announced.
  • 16:00 to 16:30 – PlayStation Presents Live Show at TGS 2017: Public Day Highlights, PlayStation Goods, and PlayStation Festival Overview – The latest information PlayStation official goods, plus a big presentation on details of this year’s PlayStation Festival.
  • 16:45 to 17:00 – PlayStation Presents Live Show at TGS 2017: Business Day Ending – An overview of the first business day of Tokyo Game Show 2017 as it comes to a close, and an introduction to the broadcasting lineup for the first public day on September 23.
September 23
10:00 to 17:00 (YouTube) – PlayStation Presents Live Show at TGS 2017 – The official broadcast from the PlayStation booth at Tokyo Game Show 2017. Full of information on new titles and gameplay. Featuring game-loving MCs Hatsune Matsushima and Akaishi-sensei, viewers who could not make it to the Makuhari Messe can use this stream to follow what’s going on.

• 10:00 to 10:15 – PlayStation Presents Live Show at TGS 2017: Public Day #1 Opening – Game-loving MCs Hatsune Matsushima and Akaishi-sensei go over the highlights of the day and lineup.
  • 10:30 to 11:10 – PlayStation Presents Live Show at TGS 2017: PlayStation VR – MCs Hatsune Matsushima and Akaishi-sensei play the PlayStation VR titles playable at the PlayStation booth.
  • 12:00 to 12:40 – PlayStation Presents Live Show at TGS 2017: Monster Hunter: World #1 – Live gameplay of the 2018-due Monster Hunter: World, including the new “Ancient Forest” field and new “Anjanath” monster. A full explanation of the new elements and appeal of the game. Featuring Ryozo Tsujimoto (Capcom producer), Yuya Tokuda (director), and others.
  • 13:00 to 13:40 – PlayStation Presents Live Show at TGS 2017: Code Vein – The first unveil of the Tokyo Game Show 2017 trailer for Code Vein before anywhere else, plus 30 minutes of gameplay. Featuring Yusuke Tomizawa (IP executive producer), Keita Iizuka (producer), and Hiroshi Yoshimura (director).
  • 14:00 to 14:40 – PlayStation Presents Live Show at TGS 2017: Detroit: Become Human – Contents to be announced.
  • 15:00 to 16:30 – PlayStation Presents Live Show at TGS 2017: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare SCARZ vs. Rush CLAN Showdown – A Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare exhibition match between professional e-Sports teams SCAZ and Rush CLAN at Tokyo Game Show 2017.
  • 16:45 to 17:00 – PlayStation Presents Live Show at TGS 2017: Public Day #1 Ending – An overview of the first public day of Tokyo Game Show 2017, and an introduction to the broadcasting lineup for the second public day on September 24.
September 24

• 10:00 to 10:15 – PlayStation Presents Live Show at TGS 2017: Public Day #2 Opening – Game-loving MCs Hatsune Matsushima and Akaishi-sensei go over the highlights of the day and lineup.
  • 10:30 to 11:00 – PlayStation Presents Live Show at TGS 2017: TBS Radio Rhyme Star Utamaru and My Game, My Life TGS Edition – The Tokyo Game Show 2017 edition of TBS Radio broadcast Rhyme Star Utamaru and My Game, My Life from teh PlayStation Booth. Featuring MC Utamaru (Rhyme Star), reporters Hatsune Matsushima and Akaishi-sensei, and guest Shuhei Yoshida (SIE Worldwide Studios president).
  • 11:30 to 12:10 – PlayStation Presents Live Show at TGS 2017: Dissidia Final Fantasy NT – An introduction to the January 11-due Dissidia Final Fantasy NT., including a Square Enix Team-versus-guest team three-on-three battle. Featuring Ichirou Hazama (producer), Takeo Kujiraoka (director), Natsuna Watanabe (voice actress), and others.
  • 13:00 to 13:40 – PlayStation Presents Live Show at TGS 2017: Dynasty Warriors 9 – Live gameplay of the Tokyo Game Show 2017 version of Dynasty Warriors 9, which is the first open-world entry in the series, plus an introduction to the game’s appeal. Featuring Akihiro Suzuki (producer), Atsushi Miyauchi (director), and others.
  • 14:00 to 14:40 – PlayStation Presents Live Show at TGS 2017: Monster Hunter: World #2 – Live gameplay of the 2018-due Monster Hunter: World, including the new “Wildspire Waste” field and new “Barroth” monster. A full explanation of the new elements and appeal of the game. Featuring Ryozo Tsujimoto (Capcom producer), Yuya Tokuda (director), and others.
  • 15:00 to 15:40 – PlayStation Presents Live Show at TGS 2017: Yakuza: Kiwami 2 – Yakuza: Kiwami 2 is a complete upgrade of the second Yakuza game using the latest “Dragon Engine,” and includes additional scenarios in which you can play as the popular Majima Goro. There may be some Hokuto ga Gotoku information at the end of this.
  • 16:00 to 16:40 – PlayStation Presents Live Show at TGS 2017: Gran Turismo Sport – An overview of Gran Turismo Sport while Japanese racing driver Juichi Wakisaka plays it live. Plus, a finals match will be held with four ordinary participants who won through the preliminaries held at the venue.
  • 16:45 to 17:00 – PlayStation Presents Live Show at TGS 2017: Public Day #2 Ending – MCs Hatsune Matsushima and Akaishi-sensei look back on Tokyo Game Show 2017.
Tokyo Game Show 2017 runs from September 21 to 24.

[FONT=&quot]

source: Gematsu
[/FONT]

hopefully at TGS, we get Western release confirmations for some Japanese titles.

games like that Fist of North Star game and the Virtual On/Magical Index game.

hopefully at TGS, we get Western release confirmations for some Japanese titles.

games like that Fist of North Star game and the Virtual On/Magical Index game.

if the latter come west it's getting its own thread. As I've been saying both Gematsu & siliconera tha index and the rail gun series or t6he universe of Tora Aru as it's called in japan would make a more awesome open world 3d person RPG to explore Academy city every they have to offer in that universe. I really hope they get in their head's to do that . it's make for a greate games series next to the seven deadly sins

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]New PlayStation 4 system software update available [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]September 14, 2017 [/FONT]

Sony has pushed live a new system software update for PlayStation 4.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Read more [/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]source: EGMnow[/FONT][/FONT] [/FONT]

if the latter come west it's getting its own thread. As I've been saying both Gematsu & siliconera tha index and the rail gun series or t6he universe of Tora Aru as it's called in japan would make a more awesome open world 3d person RPG to explore Academy city every they have to offer in that universe. I really hope they get in their head's to do that . it's make for a greate games series next to the seven deadly sins

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]New PlayStation 4 system software update available [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]September 14, 2017 [/FONT]

Sony has pushed live a new system software update for PlayStation 4.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Read more [/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]source: EGMnow[/FONT][/FONT] [/FONT]

oh yeah. I'd love for an Index/Railgun RPG like the Sword Art Online games.

so hopefully we get more games from that universe that get released in the West, including the Virtual On game.

Holy hell! Titanfall 2 for only $11.99 in the latest PS Store Sale. That is a steal.

oh yeah. I'd love for an Index/Railgun RPG like the Sword Art Online games.

so hopefully we get more games from that universe that get released in the West, including the Virtual On game.
production wise I was hoping for there a more tales of or legend of heroes like deal there. I do love Sword arts' games but I think the Tora Aru / the the index rail gun universe's game production the doesn't feel rushed and allows you to option of ether dual audio and to really explore its universe. Like acamedy city. which is very heavily inspired by X-men (comics not movies ) what goes down in there that city but has its own thing going on that Marvel really should take note of.

I do agree I hope a 3rd person RPG action game gat's made some thanks to this game. a game like what I'm describing should have been made ages ago on pc and consoles multi-plat wise though.,

Last edited:
production wise I was hoping for there a more tales of or legend of heroes like deal there. I do love Sword arts' games but I think the Tora Aru / the the index rail gun universe's game production the doesn't feel rushed and allows you to option of ether dual audio and to really explore its universe. Like acamedy city. which is very heavily inspired by X-men (comics not movies ) what goes down in there that city but has its own thing going on that Marvel really should take note of.

I do agree I hope a 3rd person RPG action game gat's made some thanks to this game. a game like what I'm describing should have been made ages ago on pc and consoles multi-plat wise though.,

have there been any Western released Index/Railgun games?

the only thing I can think of is that Fighting Climax game that had Railgun in it. that was released in the West on PS3 ( shame it never released here on PS4 ).

have there been any Western released Index/Railgun games?

the only thing I can think of is that Fighting Climax game that had Railgun in it. that was released in the West on PS3 ( shame it never released here on PS4 ).
just the ios ones. but I lost track of those. but I had lenghty and good discussion with another commentor on gematsu where I'm friends with the mods and reporters there ,next to siliconera's. this is why I want there to games of this sort on the console the switch, ps4 ,and if possible the Xbox one and X as well as pc or the steam machines as well.

There are a lot of animes I feel would make great games like log horizon or Horizon& the middle of nowhere.alot of the super-powered superhero like anime like Darker then black like index has x-men inspirations., and there black lagoon. oh, I just realized I have a freaking list that would work well for the west from those anime that would make awesome games.

anyways I've been saying 3rd person Action Rpg but some weirdo's keep saying fighter's and you just reminded of what I said that there are already fighters with some of these characters and in the west, we are sorta saccharated with fighters as it is ., and too many people are so mentally hung on street fighter it'll mean nothing.

so they are better off in a game in their own universe showing off that universe they live in since they are interesting story wise as their shows/ manga have shown us. It lets people new to the series get to know them. kinda likie the Asterix phoenix festa battle city game that has an anime to which also has elemement of X-men cause the are discrimnated against but have their own thing story wise . that series shared alot with indextoo since they have city devoted to have schools for he super powered race who were born with their powers .

That one was done on the vita and I did make a thread thread of this game on the hype onthe sony side, some time back last year.

Last edited:
just the ios ones. but I lost track of those. but I had lenghty and good discussion with another commentor on gematsu where I'm friends with the mods and reporters there ,next to siliconera's. this is why I want there to games of this sort on the console the switch, ps4 ,and if possible the Xbox one and X as well as pc or the steam machines as well.

There are a lot of animes I feel would make great games like log horizon or Horizon& the middle of nowhere.alot of the super-powered superhero like anime like Darker then black like index has x-men inspirations., and there black lagoon. oh, I just realized I have a freaking list that would work well for the west from those anime that would make awesome games.

anyways I've been saying 3rd person Action Rpg but some weirdo's keep saying fighter's and you just reminded of what I said that there are already fighters with some of these characters and in the west, we are sorta saccharated with fighters as it is ., and too many people are so mentally hung on street fighter it'll mean nothing.

so they are better off in a game in their own universe showing off that universe they live in since they are interesting story wise as their shows/ manga have shown us. It lets people new to the series get to know them. kinda likie the Asterix phoenix festa battle city game that has an anime to which also has elemement of X-men cause the are discrimnated against but have their own thing story wise . that series shared alot with indextoo since they have city devoted to have schools for he super powered race who were born with their powers .

That one was done on the vita and I did make a thread thread of this game on the hype onthe sony side, some time back last year.

ah, thanks. well hopefully the Virtual On/Index game will come West, then. so at least that will be a start for Index/Railgun consoles games.

and yeah, there are plenty of anime properties that I'd love to see made into games that get Western releases.

the anime that I enjoy the most are the ones that have interesting stories, characters, and settings. and of course, all of that translates well to a game.....lol.

for example, I'd love an RPG based on the Fate anime franchise. not just the Musou style games we seem to be getting now. And the Fate franchise would lend itself well to a fighting game, so I wouldn't mind seeing that, too.

I'd love a Sailor Moon RPG, though I know that's not as popular as it once was.

Last edited:
ah, thanks. well hopefully the Virtual On/Index game will come West, then. so at least that will be a start for Index/Railgun consoles games.

and yeah, there are plenty of anime properties that I'd love to see made into games that get Western releases.

the anime that I enjoy the most are the ones that have interesting stories, characters, and settings. and of course, all of that translates well to a game.....lol.

for example, I'd love an RPG based on the Fate anime franchise. not just the Musou style games we seem to be getting now. And the Fate franchise would lend itself well to a fighting game, so I wouldn't mind seeing that, too.

I'd love a Sailor Moon RPG, though I know that's not as popular as it once was.
hmm, if you 've been looking the fates grand order thread there's are other games of the same name in the works, ones an arcade game which seem, to be a fighter and there's other's, ones an VR game. I did make sure to put those up.

as to the Musou style UI think they chose that cause mo9st of the fate series is set in the multi verse retelling of the holy grail war contest and they always push it as war some of the heroic spirits/ servants are able to call up armies like the male Rider Alexander .

So they might be doing it cause of that and cause of what happened of late with Hyrule warriors and the dragon quest series next to one piece doing well of late in that genre.

But they have to be careful with that genre. and some of the Ai crowd's dosn't attack as they should so some people will be turned off eventually. which is why they have to be careful.

yes, third person Action RPG is doable with the fate series. but do the creator of the fate series realise this?

the one I'm digging most of all next to fate zero beside fatestay night, is the fate Illya series . we'll have to see where that series goes.
I still waiting for fate heaven's feel to be fully dubbed. from what I understand it one of the more serious of the alternate reality story and might be overly intense.

last on sailor lol I remember w2hen most of the guy's I hung out in high school beside my self admitted to our girl 's that we actually watch that series. I got off the hook of being made fun of by the girls cause I had sisters and I had one tv at my house back in the day, so I was good., lol those other were emberased cause the girls gave them "the look"

it was funny.

I'm not sure what state that series is looked on these days people still remember that series with fond ness. and I haven't bother with that new series which I beli8ve is called crystal.

But I know there was another series calledwedding peach which I found out about after watching the series pyscho pass cause the english dubb actor's who very god inthe later series which is detective verus serial killers in the near future with villain that both batman or dare devil would take on .Did the wedding peach series when they were younger . and the wedding peach had alot of element simi8lar to sailor moon. from what I under stand there are few animes of similar nature . so sailor moon was huge . weding peach had a littel more of a more serious tone to the story then sailor moon though as to a game ? I'm not sure how that ould work out . it's possible .

But I'm not sure how likely it is to happen. it would be cool and it would cool for girls and boy to see that series in that form. hmm but anime need to make a bigger presence on normal tv again. yes, there some still being shown but in small dosages.

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot] Three articles one in video (&, the last segementsin the video )two on the same suject and twom fromthe same place
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
hqdefault.jpg

[FONT=Roboto !important][YT]ynkAatDEsTY[/YT]
[/FONT]

Monster Hunter World and TGS News! - The Rundown

852 views8 hours ago
published on 09/19/2017

The massive Tokyo Game Show has kicked off, so today in the Rundown we've got a look at the coolest news, starting with the latest on Monster Hunter World! We've also got an early look at a new shooter from Square Enix, a virtual reality version of the PS2 classic Zone of the Enders, a new look at Shadow of the Colossus on the PS4, and finally, we learn how the makers of Fortnite are pushing forward cross platform multiplayer!

confimring this
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]NEWSXbox Head comments on accidental cross-play between Xbox One, PS4 in Fortnite Today at 10:18 am

It appears as though Fortnite players were treated to an exciting event in the gaming world without even...Read more

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
& most Recently & lastly
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]NEWSAnalyst predicts 2020 release of PS5, says PS4 Pro to become standard PS4 Yesterday at 3:33 pm

If you're familiar with the game industry, then you're probably familiar with Wedbush Securities...
Read more

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
source:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]EPN.tv& Gamezone[/FONT]

PlanetSide 2 revamped continent locking in this week’s Critical Mass update

September 27, 2017 12 comments

http://massivelyop.com/2017/09/27/p...-in-this-weeks-critical-mass-update/#comments
Daybreak went all-out in PlanetSide 2 this week with a massive new update, though you probably wouldn’t know it unless you play the game. Let’s change that now: The update is called Critical Mass, and it constitutes

“a major revision of the way continents are fought over and conquered” in the form of a continent locking revamp.

“One of the driving motivators of revitalizing the continent locking system is to encourage more strategy and competitive spirit in PlanetSide 2Daybreak explains. “Prior to this update, locking a continent was not only confusing for many players, but also happened abruptly, Read more

source: Massivelyop.com/

Industry, PlayStation 4
[FONT=&quot]Sony Interactive Entertainment’s Andrew House steps down, John Kodera appointed president and CEO[/FONT]
Published 1 hour ago. 28 comments.
Executive management transition at Sony Interactive Entertainment.

Andrew-House-Steps-Down.jpg

John “Tsuyoshi” Kodera, the current deputy president of Sony Interactive Entertainment, has been appointed president and chief executive officer of Sony Interactive Entertainment with immediate effect, the company announced.

Andrew House (pictured), the current president and global chief executive officer of Sony Interactive Entertainment, will transition from operational management of the company, but will remain with Sony Interactive Entertainment as chairman through the year to ensure a smooth transition.

Kodera has also been appointed representative director and president of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc., the company’s Japan-based legal entity, with immediate effect, while House has become director and chairman.

In his new role, Kodera will assume overall operational responsibility for Sony Interactive Entertainment, including its game and network services businesses globally, and report director to Sony Corporation president and CEO Kazuo Hirai.

Find comments from Hirai, House, and Kodera below.
Kazuo Hirai – President and CEO, Sony Corporation
“When I passed the baton of leadership for Sony Computer Entertainment to Andrew House in 2011, I was confident that I was leaving the PlayStation business in the best possible hands, and so it has proved. I’m extremely grateful to Andy for the great contribution he has made to evolving the PlayStation business, and firmly positioning it as one of the drivers of our future growth. Andy and I go back more than 20 years and spent much of this time together, dedicating ourselves to ensuring the success of the PlayStation business. I would like to thank Andy for his contribution over many years, and wish him every success in the future. John Kodera has led Sony’s network service business since 2013 and played a pivotal role in its growth. He is a truly global executive, possessing strategic understanding, strength of conviction and outstanding leadership capabilities. Since his appointment as Deputy President of SIE last year, alongside Andy he has also been responsible for the company’s overall business strategy and product planning. With the significance of network services increasing across the entire Sony Group, I believe that John is ideally equipped to build on the foundations Andy has left in place, and drive Sony’s game and network services business to further growth and excitement going forward.”

Andrew House – Chairman, Sony Interactive Entertainment
“I’m tremendously proud of what we’ve built with PlayStation and Sony Interactive Entertainment: entertaining millions globally with the best in games and creating a fully fledged digital entertainment company. PlayStation has been a huge part of my life for more than 20 years, but with the business having achieved record-breaking success, now seemed to be the right time for me to pursue new challenges. I shall always treasure the friendships and people that have made SIE such a wonderful place to work. I’m also grateful to PlayStation fans and gamers around the world for their loyalty and support. John and the team at SIE are world-class and I know the future of PlayStation is very bright.”

John Kodera – President and CEO, Sony Interactive Entertainment

“It’s a great honor to take on the role of President and CEO, SIE, and I’m very grateful to Kaz and Andy for the trust and faith they have shown in me. I intend to build on the amazing progress Andy has made enhancing the PlayStation brand and expanding the game and network services business, and will strive to further strengthen the unique value proposition we are able to offer via the PlayStation platform. I look forward to working together with the SIE team, and everyone across the Sony Group, to continue to strengthen relations with our business partners, and provide the best possible interactive entertainment experiences, that only PlayStation can deliver.”
And here are profiles for both House and Kodera:
Andrew House
Mr. House began his 27-year career at Sony in 1990, where he first served in corporate communications at Sony headquarters. In 1995, he moved to marketing and communications at Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (“SCE”), where he contributed to the launch of the first PlayStation. After performing several key roles at both Sony Corporation and SCE, including Chief Marketing Officer of Sony Corporation, and President and CEO of SCE Europe Limited, in 2011 Mr. House was appointed President and Group CEO of SCE, assuming overall responsibility for the PlayStation business worldwide. Mr. House led the PlayStation business for six years, driving the strategy and launch of PlayStation 4, which has since become the fastest-growing platform in PlayStation history, and is set to reach cumulative sales of 78 million units this fiscal year. Mr. House redefined Sony’s network services strategy, centering it around a strengthened PlayStation Network (PSN) – currently with more than 70 million monthly active users and a suite of recurring revenue services, including PlayStation Plus. He oversaw the launch of the world’s first console streaming game service with PlayStation Now and the interactive live TV service, PlayStation Vue. In 2016 Mr. House established Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC – bringing together SCE and Sony Network Entertainment International LLC (SNEI). Mr. House also oversaw the development and launch of PlayStation VR (PS VR). He has grown the Game and Network Services segment into one of the key profit drivers for the Sony Group.

John Kodera
Mr. Kodera joined Sony Corporation in 1992, where he was first assigned to planning and control within Sony’s portable audio business. In 1998 he was transferred to Sony Electronics Inc. in the U.S., where he was initially responsible for planning and control of various portable and mobile products, before subsequently being appointed VP of product management for IT products such as PCs. In 2010 he assumed the role of SVP, Corporate Strategy, at the newly established Sony Network Entertainment International LLC (SNEI), and in 2013 was appointed President, SNEI. Since then, Mr. Kodera has engaged in the launch and the enhancement of an array of network services via the PSN platform. These have included PlayStation Store, which sells the latest game titles, movies and TV shows; the PlayStation Plus subscription service offering members exclusive benefits and content; and the PlayStation Now online game streaming service. Mr. Kodera has also been integral to the launch of several other ground-breaking network services that have greatly enriched the PlayStation experience, including the PlayStation Vue cloud-based TV service, PlayStation Video content distribution service, and PlayStation Music, which leverages a global strategic partnership with Spotify to deliver a best-in-class digital music experience on PSN. Mr. Kodera has contributed significantly to growing this recurring revenue business. Furthermore, since his appointment as Deputy President of SIE last year, he has worked closely with Mr. House on the overall management of the game and network services business including product development, business strategy and system and network engineering.
[FONT=&quot]

also with

[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]
hqdefault.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important][YT]7_3yHpe0EmE[/YT][/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

Future of Consoles? - Fan Question of the Day - Electric Playground[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]1K views[FONT=Roboto !important]3 days agoPublished on 09/30/201[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]Is there a future in dedicated, exclusive gaming machines? Or will they eventually merge into one? That's the topic of the latest EP Fan Question of the Day [/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]
source: Gematsu
[/FONT]
&[FONT=&quot]EPN.tv[/FONT]

Last edited:
ok, so my other sister's operation is today ( they are removing a fibroid )happen today so I might not be talking for the rest of the week. So I'm putting this up now. see you when I see you.

PlayStation 4
[FONT=&quot]PS4 system update 5.0 now available[/FONT]
Published 1 hour ago. 11 comments.
Here's the full list of changes.

PS4-Update-5_10-03-17.jpg

PlayStation 4 system software update 5.0 is available now.
Here is the full change log:
Main features in version 5.00 update

• You can now add users of your PS4 as family members. This makes it easy to manage your child’s account information and to restrict PS4 features. To add family members, select (Settings) > [Parental Controls/Family Management].
    • As the family manager, you can set up your family.
    • Up to seven family members (including you) can be in your family and use online features.
    • Multiple adults can be in your family. The family manager can make other adults in the family parents or guardians. The family manager and family members who are parents or guardians can adjust parental controls for the children in your family.
    • You can configure parental control settings for each child. Using parental controls, you can restrict use of online features and communication with other players, set restrictions for games, restrict use of the Internet browser, and set spending limits for PlayStation Store.
    • You can configure parental controls anytime from your PC or smartphone.
  • You can now follow anyone, not just verified accounts. Select (Follow) on a person’s profile screen, and their activities and broadcasts will appear in [What’s New]. You automatically follow your Friends, but you have the option to unfollow them.
    • Recommendations for who to follow are now offered based on the games you play. Select (Friends) > (Follow).
    • You can now choose who can follow you and who can see your follow list. Select (Settings) > [Account Management] > [Privacy Settings], and then configure each setting.
  • (Custom Lists) has been added to (Friends). Create custom lists to easily organize your Friends and choose players to send messages or game invitations to.
  • For certain broadcasts, (Communities) now appears on the (Live from PlayStation) viewing screen. To access the broadcaster’s community, select (Communities).
  • You can now view (Notifications) on the quick menu.
  • The following languages have been added as system languages.
    • Czech, Indonesian, Hungarian, Romanian, Vietnamese, Greek, Thai.
  • When broadcasting PlayStation VR gameplay, you can now see spectator comments on your VR headset screen.
Other features in version 5.00

• For (Messages), screen layout has been improved, and the following features have been added.
    • You can now receive music that has been shared with you as a message. Select the message to play the music.
    • Messages containing a URL now display a preview.
  • The following features have been added to the quick menu.
    • You can now select [Leave This Party] to leave the party.
    • You can now see albums and playlists for songs playing in Spotify.
    • A clock has been added.
  • The following features have been added to (Settings) > [Notifications].
    • You can now disable pop-up notifications during video playback.
    • You can now choose the color of pop-up notifications.
    • You can now choose to show or hide message details in notifications.
  • You can now choose to broadcast in 1080p (60 fps) when using Twitch on your PlayStation 4 Pro.
  • You can now enjoy Blu-ray Disc and DVD content in virtual surround sound when you connect headphones to PlayStation VR.

[FONT=&quot]source: Gematsu[/FONT]

thanks, zenith.

hope your sister will be ok.

Yeah, same here.

thanks, zenith.

hope your sister will be ok.

Yeah, same here.
thank you both ok my siters ok , but her operation was postponed due to som scheduling issue. so they said it's moved to November.

which is weird cause i had to do some heavey over time to get free . So I m gonna do so some stuff at work in order to free for that month . well it was only one day so my boss should understand. once again thank you. well I put up what came out to day news wise too.

^oh, ok. that kind of sucks with the scheduling issue. hope your sister has a successful surgery in November.

[YT]mrpw-OGj2Sg[/YT]

Nintendo Switch Gets Violent - The Rundown - Electric Playground[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]1.2K views9 hours ago Published on 10/16/2017[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]Today in the Rundown we find out how Nintendo plans to bring a lot more mature games to the Switch, starting with the new Doom! We also find out what new content is [/FONT][FONT=Roboto !important]coming to Grand Theft Auto 5, have the latest on the crossplatform fight between Sony and Microsoft, and finally, get scary new details on the future of the X-Men franchise![/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important][FONT=&quot]source:[FONT=&quot][FONT=Roboto !important] EPN.tv[/FONT][/FONT] [/FONT] [/FONT]

ok this is new sony making games on the switch details in the video below

this image is so over don now though,
hqdefault.jpg

[FONT=Roboto !important][YT]uDMZWQkUaKA[/YT][/FONT]

Sony Making Games for Switch? - The Rundown - Electric Playground[FONT=Roboto !important]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Roboto !important]2K views9 hours ago Published on 10/17/2017[/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important]
[FONT=Roboto !important]Today in the Rundown, we find out how Sony is about to start publishing games on the Nintendo Switch! We also have some offline news about Gran Turismo Sport, get the [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Roboto !important]latest on the Han Solo movie, have some original content about Netflix, predict what will happen in the NBA this season, loot the latest on Overwatch, and finally, strategize about Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle! [/FONT]

Confirming this news inthe video above

safe_image.php

[FONT=&quot]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A new Sony label is publishing games for the Nintendo Switch October 17, 2017

Sony's newest publishing label is branching out to create games on rival platforms.Read more

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[/FONT]source: [FONT=&quot]EPN.tv[/FONT]&EGMnow

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]NEWSPS4 Pro and Xbox One X expected to be neck-and-neck in sales during the Holiday season Oct 19, 2017

The holiday rush is almost here, and as you might expect, the Xbox One X and the PS4 Pro are set to be at the...Read more

Also with

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]NEWSNintendo Switch Selling Better Today Than Xbox One and PS4 Did Last Year Yesterday at 3:46 pm

Nintendo Switch sales are passing the sales numbers of Xbox One and PlayStation 4 of last year. Which is an...Read more

[/FONT]

source:[FONT=&quot]Gamezone[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"