Age of Ultron The Official Quicksilver thread

Why would he have to have been conceived in the 50s? Men remain capable of impregnating a woman their whole lives.

Anyway, this whole thing is starting to feel very staged to me. Joss Whedon announces Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch are going to be in Avengers 2. Just a month later, Bryan Singer announces that Quicksilver is going to be in Days of Future Past and that the part has been cast. Just a day later, Marvel leaks their top pick actress for Scarlet Witch. It feels to me like there's a plan, that both parties involved are in on it, and that they;re just being coy about the details to drum up free publicity.

I agree, but I also have a gut feeling there's more to it that no one is aware of at all.

If Quicksilver is even going to make sense in the Fox universe he would have to have been conceived in the early 1950's, making him around 20 in 1973 giving him an age of about 61 when DOFP takes place. That is if they use him again at all.

I have a bad feeling that since magneto has no kids so far and because singer just said this morning that he is playing with time, they'll try to set Pietro in the future just to try and confuse people when they see him pop up in The Avengers

Out of revenge for what Fox did Marvel should cast a seriously good actor to play Quicksilver. Im thinking Jack Gleeson who plays Geoffrey in Game Of Thrones.
images

I could picture him and Saorise Ronan being Brother and Sister.

It's actually Joffrey and he's ok but a bit young for Avengers material. I'm still hoping for Luke Treadaway

Jack Gleeson is also likely to quit acting after GoT to pursue his academic career.

The twins will probably be pretty young, like late teens-very early 20's. That's comic accurate anyway, they weren't much older than the X-Men when they were first introduced and joined the Avengers.

I really got into comics in the very early '90s, so to me, I always really saw Wanda as an Avenger and Pietro as a member of X-Factor. That being said, though, it feels like every modern retelling or reimagining, such as X-Men Evolution and Ultimate X-Men, seems to be stuck on Quicksilver as a villain/member of the Brotherhood, which is such a small part of his history. I don't really care to see him as an X-Man or a member of the Brotherhood at this point. Since there isn't going to be a movie based on the All New, All Different X-Factor, I'd jus prefer seeing him in Avengers.

Also, I they would have used him in in the first three X-Men movies when those were made, James Marsters all the way. He is also my choice for Xavier in a live action X-show.

If they're planning things together, wouldn't Evan Peters be Quicksilver in all entities now?

Except they aren't planning things together.

THIS is the kind of thing that makes me mad about all this.

Now thousands of people who watch this guys' podcast and trust his opinion have the wrong idea about the twins' history and the situation the studios are in because this guy goes off on a rant about something he clearly doesn't actually know anything about. :facepalm:

He's one of those "nerds" who know of the characters and properties but don't actually know anything ABOUT them, and he's in a position where he can influence thousands of people. Gawd.

Lucky? I don't want Evan Peters as Quicksilver in any entities.

I didn't see what that AMC guy said about SW in that vid, but I agree with a lot of what he said about this whole Fox/Marvel QS issue. This does seem like something Whedon is pushing for, so I hope that Feige talks to him eventually and they change the characters in the script before TA2 really starts to gear up.

I didn't see what that AMC guy said about SW in that vid, but I agree with a lot of what he said about this whole Fox/Marvel QS issue. This does seem like something Whedon is pushing for, so I hope that Feige talks to him eventually and they change the characters in the script before TA2 really starts to gear up.

Of Whedon is pushing for it, there must be a damn good reason why IMO. He has repeatedly said that one of his biggest difficulties writing the Avengers was finding balance arc-wise for each of the characters. he wouldn't just add 2 more characters if he didnt have a very specific plan for them.

T"Challa;25925971 said:
Of Whedon is pushing for it, there must be a damn good reason why IMO. He has repeatedly said that one of his biggest difficulties writing the Avengers was finding balance arc-wise for each of the characters. he wouldn't just add 2 more characters if he didnt have a very specific plan for them.

Yeah, I doubt think he'd waste QS in the movie. But I'd rather him go for other characters than see two QS's on the screen. Regardless of what happens though, it'll definitely be interesting to see.

You guys clearly have a lackluster imagination.

You haven't even seen him in film. Your bias is getting the best of you.
Imagination? Bias? Quicksilver is European, Eastern European at that. There is nothing Euro about that kid at all. Where Pietro and Wanda come from are a big part of their characters and if that is not even held over then it makes me all the more certain that this Quicksilver in Singer's movie will just be a one-shot character not meant to have any character depth or focus.

It's obviously something Whedon would push for (although honestly Feige probably wants to establish the characters before Fox does anyway) but everything else he said and is ranting about is just flat out wrong and misinforming his viewership. I REALLY wish someone who actually knew what they were talking about with this stuff had a voice, because that guy is just one of those "nerds" who know of the characters but don't know about them and takes that as being enough to talk about it like he does. He's a movie guy, not a comic book guy, and I wish he wouldn't pretend to be one when thousands of people trust his opinion and word, and no one is going to be able to call him out on it nor will he even accept or realize the fact that he's wrong.

Imagination? Bias? Quicksilver is European, Eastern European at that. There is nothing Euro about that kid at all. Where Pietro and Wanda come from are a big part of their characters and if that is not even held over then it makes me all the more certain that this Quicksilver in Singer's movie will just be a one-shot character not meant to have any character depth or focus.

There's nothing Jewish or Polish about Ian McKellan. There's nothing German about Allan Cummings. There's nothing Egyptian about Halle Barre. There's nothing Canadian about Hugh Jackman. There's nothing American about Patrick Stewart. They were all pretty good, though.

There's nothing Jewish or Polish about Ian McKellan. There's nothing German about Allan Cummings. There's nothing Egyptian about Halle Barre. There's nothing Canadian about Hugh Jackman. There's nothing American about Patrick Stewart. They were all pretty good, though.

QFT (except Halle, lol)

Come on now, Superman knocking up Lois Lane then leaving the planet for years is totally in keeping with the character.

Yeah. Deadbeat dad totally compares to those other things. Knocking up a broad then taking off = awesome campy humor.

And float above his baby mommas house and intrude on her and her family's privacy with x-ray vision.

Ahhhh, now I understand the Fox/Singer hate. SR is still keeping people up at night, apparently. Makes sense.

Last edited:
Ahhhh, now I understand the Fox/Singer hate. SR is still keeping people up at night, apparently. Makes sense.

Yeah, that's what it is. :whatever:

Superman Returns is totally immune to criticism because... reasons!

Great logic.

Last edited:
And that's why I like Marvel Studios movies more, they're true to the characters. If Pietro Maximoff is not European then he is not Pietro Maximoff...which, considering Fox probably can't even use that name, he most likely isn't anyway. And Professor Xavier being English or American hardly matters to his character so that's a dumb comparison. Same for Wolverine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"