Age of Ultron The Official Quicksilver thread

I don't know why, but I would like to see a Iron Man vs Quicksilver Battle...

I bet it's because you sub-consiously remember seeing IM and Squadron Supreme Flash knock-off "The Whizzer" square off a few times when they've butted heads with The Avengers:

If Sairoise gets the role of Wanda that might make things tricky to get someone equally talented to play Pietro who is the same age. I know alot of people are hoping for a Romanian actor but Romania doesn't have much of a film or television industry so it's difficult to find and nurture the best talent.

Excited to see the first mutants on The Avengers.

I'm sure what Marvel U meant was that he was excited to see the first "mutants" :cwink: on the Avengers.

if they can't use the term mutant, will their give a different explanation for their powers, or just avoid the the subject all together...

A couple years ago, I remember someone suggesting Robert Pattinson. I think that would actually be a good one, depending on what age they are looking at for the twins.

Definitely not!

You know who might be interesting? Eddie Redmayne. He had heaps of attention a few months ago and everyone seems to have forgotten about him. Lord knows he's talented enough and also a star if that's what Marvel's after.

Redmayne would be cool.

I really see them playing up the sibling angle with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver (maybe to divert attention from the "mutant" question). I'm not huge fans of the characters, but it'll be interesting to see where this goes.

I was really pulling for Captain Marvel or Ant-Man & Wasp. I know that they aren't officially out of the running now, but chances majorly dropped I think.

Robert Pattinson is not a bad choice at all. It's really unfortunate that Twilight ruined his rep before he had a chance to gain a rep. He's pretty much the perfect Quicksilver in every way.

Nah man Pattinson is a wet blanket. You need someone who is a great actor so he could play the sinister side when he's a villain, the reformed side when he's an Avenger and the secretly protective and highly dependent side when he's with Wanda.

Pattinson is definitely not Avenger material.

I don't doubt that he can play those aspects, and I still stand by my statement.

Pattinson is a good actor with the right director but I doubt he would want a large film again and there would be too much baggage from Edward.

There are a lot of good young male actors though. I'd like to see Thomas Sangster.

He won't be, we'll probably get an unknown actor.

I don't see Pattinson turning it down if it's offered to him.
There are some actors who are like that, who'll turn down a big role . Don't know whether or not Pattinson is like that, now that Twilight's over he's gonna need a good film to be a part of.

He won't be, we'll probably get an unknown actor.
I don't think they'll cast Pattinson, but I also don't think they'll go specifically for an unknown. They'll get whoever is right for the role.

I'm really looking forward to Quicksilver from a visual stand point, he has the potential to be used in some incredible action scenes.

If they actually bother to explain, probably something to do with Mount Wundagore and the High Evolutionary.

I don't know about that. That's okay for the comics but it takes a lot of explaining for a movie audience that's not familiar with it.

That's why it's a shame they didn't move ahead with the Inhumans movie so they can just say they got an errant blast of radiation from the terrified mists or something.

Plus it sets up the Pietro x Crystal thing

I'd like to see Thomas Sangster.

That's an interesting idea, especially next to saiorise ronan.

Pattinson was not very good in Cosmopolis, a film where the camera is on him for 90% of the time. The role wasnt much of a stretch and he simply wasnt convincing (compare him to Bale in American Psycho for a stark contrast in acting ability). Cronenberg made a huge mistake agreeing to his casting as it pretty much made the movie a tedious exercise. At this point in his career, Pattinson's a lightweight. Marvel can do better. They certainly don't need to cast hotties of the month.

Last edited:
I'm excited to see the visuals of Quicksilver on the screen, though as a Flash fan I feel it is a tragedy we aren't seeing him first.

DUBYA BEEEEEEEE!!!! :argh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"