The Avengers The Official Rate/Review Thread for Marvel's The Avengers! (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked ScarJo a lot in the movie, actually. Her fist scene where she's being interrogated was really good, along with her running away from Hulk. I thought she fit in just fine with everyone else.

I thought Hawkeye had a great role actually. Sure he was bad for half the film, but that gave him a bit of development. After he came back you could see that stopping Loki was now personal to him. Like when he says to Thor, of all people, "get in line". And he had some of the best moments in the final battle. Loved the way he was the teams eyes and ears. Perfect. All of them were perfect.

All I'll say is that I teared up a couple of times because I was so happy at what I was experiencing. And I count on one hand the amount of times I've ever had tears of joy.

Nuff said.

Yea, whilst i didn't tear up, i got all choked up and had goosebumps a few times. Watching this is what i imagine it was like to watch Star Wars for the first time back in the 70s. It just brings out the inner child, makes you forget about everything outside that cinema. It's the perfect summer blockbuster.

All I'll say is that I teared up a couple of times because I was so happy at what I was experiencing. And I count on one hand the amount of times I've ever had tears of joy.

Nuff said.

I was in major tears :') I had to gag my self to stop screaming with pride

Nuff said.

Banner shows up on the beat up mopad, hulks out, punches leviathan thingy, then they cut to the group where they circle the team as they prepare for battle. I teared up right there. Even though Ive seen that shot a hundred times on trailers, that scene in the movie was just bigger than life. I couldn't believe the effect there. My wife sitting next to me had no clue I felt like a 7 year old on Christmas morning who saw Santa Clause just fly away on reindeer. :D

I loved the part where Hulk is trying to pick up Mjolnir, and can't, so he gets extremely upset.:woot:

Holy frick, just watched Doug Walkers review of it. Pretty much spot on with my own opinion of it and point of view going into it!

I have seen The Avengers 3 times, as of yesterday. :D

Doesn't lose any traction with multiple viewings. Just gets better and better each time. 3 times was my average, so now I can cool it and start discussing it. I'll probably see it again this weekend? :D

I've seen it 3 times as of last night, I might see it one or two more times.

I never watch a movie in the cinema more than once, except for STar Wars episode 1, but I really wanna see this one one more time. Thinking about doing so this coming weekend, it's just a shame there's no 2D showing.

7) One other criticism, I wish they included Natalie Portman and figured out a better way to bring Thor back to Earth. The ending of Thor made such a big deal about the gate being destroyed and Jane working to reopen it...the way Odin just created a new gate a few months later (and that it is only even addressed with a quick throw away line) cheapens the ending of Thor. Thor's sacrifice is what made the ending powerful. He gave up what he wanted (to return to Jane), to protect a race that hated him. He had evolved from a vain child to a true king who put others' needs ahead of his own. It should've been harder to overcome that sacrifice and Jane should've played a role in it, IMO.
I don't quite get the "Odin just created a new gate a few months later". Loki's question to Thor strongly insinuates that Odin had to do something bad out of desperation in order to get Thor to Midgard. It definitely doesn't sound like something he'd do because Thor has a little crush as that would be extremely irresponsible. He does it because Loki is set to do something really bad and Odin is responsible for the nine realms.

And the thing between Thor and Jane was just that, a quick crush. When you first meet someone that you really like you can't stop thinking about that person, but that doesn't mean that you have deep feelings for her/him. They've even said that Thor 2 will acknowledge that it was a quick crush as there wasn't even nearly enough time to build up something more.

I'm so jealous of you people that can see this movie multiple times by now...i've only been able to see it once.

Being broke sucks.

Ok, I saw it last night for the 5th time. At first I gave it 10/10 and then later 11/10. But now that the hype of the movie has died down and the initial thrill of seeing these characters together onscreen is less impactful, I can really assess the movie on the whole, plot, story, etc. And I really have to modify my score.

12/10!

GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!

I loved the movie first and foremost and the action was great and it felt good for once to see a big battle last over 40 minutes in a movie and it not involve transformers. All the actors played there roles to perfection and Hiddleston has such a dark side to him that I really got intio him when he said some certain things to scarjo during his interrogation scene about hawkeye. My one complaint if there was one it was the story wasnt as tight as I would have liked for this scale of a movie. If you did not see thor or to some extent cap then you would be entirely lost. like for example my wife and brother went with me and sat on both sides of me and kept asking questions even though theyve been there since ironman 1 up til cap. that includes all the credits scenes but there main complaint was there was no real story and I explained to them that the story is loki getting revenge and an alien race coming after the cube but that is the back drop and the main story is all these heroes interacting and learning to become a team. They still thought there wasnt a story......:wall:

on a side note: I wish they would have gone with the cube being able to do whatever the person holding it wants too. But the unlimited energy thing was good.

Last edited:
Ok, I saw it last night for the 5th time. At first I gave it 10/10 and then later 11/10. But now that the hype of the movie has died down and the initial thrill of seeing these characters together onscreen is less impactful, I can really assess the movie on the whole, plot, story, etc. And I really have to modify my score.

12/10!

GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!

mad props my man I have never seen a movie 5 times in the theater, the closet I got was revenge of the sith at 3 times.

I thought Hawkeye had a great role actually. Sure he was bad for half the film, but that gave him a bit of development. After he came back you could see that stopping Loki was now personal to him. Like when he says to Thor, of all people, "get in line". And he had some of the best moments in the final battle. Loved the way he was the teams eyes and ears. Perfect. All of them were perfect.
Hawkeye is my favourite superhero, so I was just happy he didn't die. :funny:

But I agree, his line to Thor made me happy -- as well as how awesome he was in the entire final scene (then again, so was everyone).

I remember telling my buddy (jokingly) that Hawkeye was going to be the one to defeat Loki. He turned to me and chuckled when Loki caught Hawkeye's arrow, only to hear the explosion a second later. He went from chuckling to like a "damn it" expression. Both his face and the scene were epic.

Yea, whilst i didn't tear up, i got all choked up and had goosebumps a few times. Watching this is what i imagine it was like to watch Star Wars for the first time back in the 70s. It just brings out the inner child, makes you forget about everything outside that cinema. It's the perfect summer blockbuster.

Exactly! :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back