The Official Rate/Review Thread for Marvel's The Avengers! (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Discussion in 'Marvel's The Avengers' started by Thread Manager, May 23, 2012.

1. GremlinZilla89

GremlinZilla89 Well-Known Member

Exactly. People bring up it's simple story like it's a bad thing or "less than". Some of the most beloved films of all time are the most simple in story. And really, The Avengers is a lot better written than people give it credit for. It had to essentially act as a stand alone film while also being a sequel to five films. It had to reference past stand-alone films without bogging the audience down with call-backs. It plays it's cards exceedingly well.

The Avengers is probably the most fun I've had at the theater in, aw hell, a decade? It reminds me of those effortlessly entertaining action/adventure films of yester-years: Star Wars, Indy, Back to the Future, Jurassic Park...

2. iambranded

iambranded Well-Known Member

Couldnt agree more.....
    I still get chills when the Avengers are assembled in this film.....
    Loki's beat down by the Hulk....
    Thor getting sucker punched by the Hulk
    When Iron Man tells Captain America to call it meaning call the shots....
    Thanos at the end....
    The crowd reactions and cheers when I saw it opening night....
    Hawkeye / Iron Man convo on patterns and strays of the citachari << Typo
    I mean so many levels of excitement still to this day.....
    Best Comic book Film of all time
    My opinion....but im sure theres millions of people who feel the same way...
    And i'm sure Age of Ultron will give us more memories

3. The Endless

The Endless WE are Groot

Yea watching Avengers in the cinema was like being on a rollercoaster. Everyone in the audience was loving it. And it was the third weekend so it wasn't full of fanboys and fangirls or anything. Just average joes and janes.

4. iambranded

iambranded Well-Known Member

Re watching this for like the 500th time right now.....
    Still get chills..... amazing how all of this came together
    Still the best Comic Movie of all time....in my opinion

5. onDgrind

onDgrind Well-Known Member

Haven't watched the movie for a while, but was on TV last week so decided to watch. wow, what a blast from start to finish, loved it even more than i did before. I think not watching it for a long time made me appreciate it more. Not a single boring moment, now i'm pumped for AOU

6. Flint Marko

Flint Marko Bring me Thanos

I've never seen an audience react so positively to a movie, it's still my best movie-going experience to this day. Doubt it will ever be topped.

7. Travesty

Travesty Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was my favorite movie going experience I've ever had. People were laughing in the right spots, attentive when they needed to be, and cheered when appropriate.

I saw it 3 times, and every time it was the exact same experience. Which is something I've never seen before.

8. Flint Marko

Flint Marko Bring me Thanos

I saw it 5 times in theaters, and each time the howling from the audience made Hulk's "puny god" line completely inaudible. And from several podcasts I listened to, that isn't exactly unique; a lot of people said they couldn't hear what he said as well. I think that was the hardest I've ever heard any theater laugh at anything, and I see quite a bit of movies.

9. Thoix

Thoix Well-Known Member

Story: Poor
    Acting: Good
    Visuals: Average
    Sound: Average

Overall: Decent - 7/10

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  10. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

I was just going this thread to see what people were saying 3 years ago but it's amazing how many people are either banned or no longer seem to post on SHH anymore.

11. Consona

Consona ^^^!NOT MY NICKNAME!^^^

TBH, the Avengers was one of the most horrible experiences I've ever had in a cinema.

IMO, plot and story were so boring and unimaginative, characters were shallow, good dialogs took about 5 minutes of screen time. Some action was really good but that is not enough to consider a film to be exceptional. In a fact I was bored to death by lack of anything interesting in this film. (And I've watched this film 3 times to try to understand why so many people love it so much.)

I think The Avengers is amongst the most over-rated films of all time. IMO it's not even close to be the best comicbook film, not to speak of films in general.

3/10.

12. Webfoot Hero

Nice way to make your first post a trolly, overly negative comment for a 3-year old movie.

13. Consona

Consona ^^^!NOT MY NICKNAME!^^^

Sorry I offended you, it was not my intention, I just thought I could express my opinion here.

14. Steamteck

Steamteck Well-Known Member

Knock yourself out but expect negative feedback. As a confirmed TDK disdainer/hater etc. I understand what it's like to dislike something many or most others like.

That being said, I disagree 100% with you and find the Avengers almost aperfect CBM.

15. one4smoke

one4smoke Well-Known Member

Easy to please person, are you? :loco:

16. Webfoot Hero

It doesn't help prove you're not a troll by posting an overly negative review in a 3 year old film when there's been other MCU/CBM films out since that time and then you got straight into the Suicide Squad forum.

17. hafizbat

hafizbat Wild Cherry

[​IMG]

After all these years, this image is still one of my favorite of all time. This was my wallpaper for so long. The Avengers was simply the best cinematic experience I will ever have. Since then there have been several other great movies that challenge it as my favorite, such as TWS and CW, but none could ever top the experience I had with The Avengers. Good times.

18. Darepool

Darepool Well-Known Member

Still my favorite CBM of all time. I never tire of watching it & still brings me joy with each viewing.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  19. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Rewatching it right now as part of my Marvel rewatch and it is still such a great film that is soooo fun. Everyone plays an important role, dialogue was A+ Whedon. Definitely a great experience for a team up movie.

20. samsnee

samsnee Well-Known Member

The last half hour of this movie once Hulk shows up is pure comic book bliss.

AVEITWITHJAMON likes this.
  21. Havok83

Havok83 Well-Known Member

I rewatched it recently and it doesnt hold up the way I thought it would especially since films have been released since then which have been better. The last two Captain America films and more recently Black Panther IMO

22. samsnee

samsnee Well-Known Member

Well I think the Cap sequels,while good to very good on their own, are stronger because we’ve been with Cap since the beginning.

23. DyeLorean

DyeLorean will return

This film gets right the most important thing of the team-up aspect: how everyone interacts with everyone. When the 3rd act comes and everything comes together, that's why this film clicks in many ways. Not just the action is amazing, but the characters act and react coherently.

24. raimar

raimar Well-Known Member

I thought it is great, and so does my entire family. the new number one Marvel movie for us.

25. LightDaggers

LightDaggers Well-Known Member

This movie is and always will be my favorite MCU movie. The first time I saw it, I loved it. :ilv: