The Official Rate/Review Thread for Marvel's The Avengers! (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Discussion in 'Marvel's The Avengers' started by Thread Manager, May 23, 2012.

1. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Re-watched this on 4K, it looks glorious on the format, but damn if this movies isn’t still great, so many moments that put a smile on my face. Whedon just got everything right here. And Hulk, oh glorious Hulk is superb in this movie.

Spidey17 likes this.
  2. samsnee Ok

It's kind of sad that Hulk hasn't gotten a better showing in an Avengers movie since the first one. Hopefully A4 corrects that.

Spidey17 and AVEITWITHJAMON like this.
  3. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Doing a rewatch and I still love this film to death. Still manages to be in my Top 3 Marvel films. Gives you practically everything you could want out of a comic book movie and a team up movie. Figuring out a way to have the "Big 3" fight each other and have it make sense was great.

Joss may have fell from grace after The Avengers but it goes to show that when he's good, he's great.

flickchick85 and C. Lee like this.
  4. herolee10 No More Miracles

While I love a good origin for ensemble groups, I wish that Joss had only been in charge of writing this movie.

I feel like this movie would have looked A LOT better visually if a more capable and experienced Director had been behind the camera.

Also, I still cringe at seeing Thor's fight with Loki on Stark Tower. For two god-like beings that are known to be capable of doing so much more, their fight so was tamed and poorly choregraphed.

Doc Samson likes this.
  5. Doc Samson Superhero Psychiatrist

Agreed, although I was surprised the Russo brothers pulled off Infinity War in particular, because I also thought Winter Soldier could've looked better visually.

That said, I still think the best scene for me (Hulk's Helicarrier rampage) was also the best shot.