The Avengers The Official Rate/Review Thread for Marvel's The Avengers! (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

Re-watched this on 4K, it looks glorious on the format, but damn if this movies isn’t still great, so many moments that put a smile on my face. Whedon just got everything right here. And Hulk, oh glorious Hulk is superb in this movie.

Doing a rewatch and I still love this film to death. Still manages to be in my Top 3 Marvel films. Gives you practically everything you could want out of a comic book movie and a team up movie. Figuring out a way to have the "Big 3" fight each other and have it make sense was great.

Joss may have fell from grace after The Avengers but it goes to show that when he's good, he's great.

While I love a good origin for ensemble groups, I wish that Joss had only been in charge of writing this movie.

I feel like this movie would have looked A LOT better visually if a more capable and experienced Director had been behind the camera.

Also, I still cringe at seeing Thor's fight with Loki on Stark Tower. For two god-like beings that are known to be capable of doing so much more, their fight so was tamed and poorly choregraphed.

While I love a good origin for ensemble groups, I wish that Joss had only been in charge of writing this movie.

I feel like this movie would have looked A LOT better visually if a more capable and experienced Director had been behind the camera.

Agreed, although I was surprised the Russo brothers pulled off Infinity War in particular, because I also thought Winter Soldier could've looked better visually.

That said, I still think the best scene for me (Hulk's Helicarrier rampage) was also the best shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"