The Official Rate/Review Thread for Marvel's The Avengers! (TAG SPOILERS!!!)

Discussion in 'Marvel's The Avengers' started by Spider-Fan, Apr 14, 2012.

?

Rating for The Avengers?

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

11. 10

12. 9

13. 8

14. 7

15. 6

16. 5

17. 4

18. 3

19. 2

20. 1

21. 10

22. 9

23. 8

24. 7

25. 6

26. 5

27. 4

28. 3

29. 2

30. 1

31. 10

32. 9

33. 8

34. 7

35. 6

36. 5

37. 4

38. 3

39. 2

40. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slushy Registered

The Avengers was one of the worst movies I've ever seen in my entire life!

It's boring. The plot didn't make sense. The cinematography was terrible. The sets were bad and every scene with Sean Connery (who was phoning it in as a madman trying to take over the world with a supercomputer that can control the weather) was a joke! Not to mention Ralph Fiennes and Uma Thurman had zero chemistry!

#901 Slushy, May 1, 2012
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
  2. antonydelfini Strange Tales

I have to agree with you on that. Avengers could be the worst movie I've ever watched. I couldn't even finish it.

3. Whiskey Tango Registered

Boo to Avengers! BOO!

4. Ipodman Love Tension

Wait a minute...

5. marcvader Lurker #1

Avenger's got a 4 out of 10 from me.

6. spider-neil spins a web any size!

:woot:

7. thalidomide The Enemy

OMG Uma Thurman is sexy as ****! Don't you dare say that again!! :woot::woot::woot::woot:

8. Son of Coul Not 100% A Dick

For what its worth I actually really enjoyed [blackout]the opening space scene and Loki's arrival at SHIELD, especially all the talking he does toward Fury.[/blackout] But I will concede that [blackout]the second space scene can easily be considered cheesy, mostly because of The Other's clunky line delivery.[/blackout] But I'll have to see it again to decide for sure, my memory's a little fuzzy. After the gripes I had heard about the opening, I was very pleasantly surprised.

Lordy I love this movie the more I think about it. It kinda reminded me of Star Trek '09 in terms of humor, tone, pacing, ensemble balancing, etc. except, like, much better in every field.

9. JAK® Upstart

It was a lot like Star Trek. Which is great because I also loved Star Trek. It's actually better because the plot isn't nearly as contrived.

10. El Payaso Registered

Which is completely different tune than 'giving each of them a past and a background.'

11. pyromaniac Registered

I feel that this ought to be directed towardsronny as he was not impressed by the aliens and perhaps the story itself. Great insights, and one that every review citing story concerns should take note of.

And fantastic contributions as well by the way, flickchick ad bluelightning. :)

12. Quasimod0 Bell-Ringer

Transformers 3 took place in Chicago, though. Didnt it?

13. Nokio Registered

You're funny, hahahah. Seriously I needed a laugh sitting here at work with nothing to do.

14. Ajendo Registered

Hmm, Loki doesn't use his army because he doesn't have one. Remember, he's been in exile from Asgard for about a year so what army would he have? The chitari were given to him in exchange for Loki doing what he needed to do to get the cube to
    thanos
    Also I agree. Loki did want revenge on Thor and BEFORE he wanted to be seen as Thor's equal but that was when Loki knew what his overall limitations were. Thanks to the aforementioned in spoilers Loki's knowledge of the universe puts him at an advantage and seeing as he was king of Asgard, he wants to rule and what better world to rule over than his brother's precious Earth? Remember, Loki's actions and aims on Earth were also fuelled by the fact that he was serving someone else's agenda. The tessaract was merely a bargaining chip for Loki and he failed.... or maybe he didn't?? Loki is very much aware of what
    Thanos
    is capable of and seeing as he defaulted on their agreement, Loki now back in Asgard with the Tesseract could mean you know who could bring mayhem to the doorstep of Asgard, which Loki could have planned as a contingency should his initial plan for earth fail. That way, Loki gets another chance at revenge on Thor and this time Asgard could be on the receiving end of his vengeance too. So many possibilities.

15. Steelsheen Head Geek of Nerdtopia

^ Ajendo, your entire post, although a response, is dripping with penultimate spoilers *cough*filmending*cough* but yeah i just realized what the implications are now for Thor2 :woot:

16. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I agree totally but Hollywood knows this by now. I don't call it unfortunate, more a skill by the studio/writer/owner of rights to 'get to market first' and the likes of John Carter and Avengers have failed in that regard by letting others beat them to it. As we are talking very effects-heavy productions it doesn't matter quite as much as say a Sixth Sense type film where the idea/twist is the key original point, as waiting allows you to take advantage of better technology. But you have to give up your weapon of perceived originality/freshness which you should have had and maybe that is not as unfair as it seems.

17. ViscaBarcaInter Registered

Haven't posted on SHH for ages, but I've enjoyed reading this thread.

GREAT movie. Lots of great moments, funny as hell, great action/set pieces, some great character interaction. Each character seems to be a proper, 3d person, even the "minor" characters like Coulson, Fury, Black Widow and so forth.

Ruffalo, man, you NAILED it. Hulk was super interesting. Ruffalo really got the persona down, Banner seemed to want to avoid attention, and he had all the small mannerisms and ticks of a person who is on edge and dealing with anger repression. But they were largely all great. Yes, the plot was a bit thin and generic, but ensemble films are always going to be about the characters first. And they are fantastic. The action is engaging and fun. The Avengers themselves don't really seem in any danger due to the lack of proper build for the enemies, but again Whedon cleverly tried to get round this by focussing the danger on the citizens of New York repeatedly rather than the Avengers themselves.

The few flaws that the film has can be ironed out in a sequel that SURELY must be coming. This film is going to earn mad cabbage, folks. :D And it couldn't be done at all without the previous set of films setting up so many characters and plots. Take note DC fans who want a Justice League movie. :D

A solid 9 out of 10 IMO.

18. Figs Registered

Anyone know what happened to the poster CFE? I would love to hear this thoughts on this movie.

19. Harley2004 Registered

I give it a 7/10. I really liked parts of it. Pretty much every scene Ruffalo was in was great. As Banner or the Hulk. The Incredible Hulk is maybe my favorite mavel movie, so I was disappointed initially about no Norton. Ruffalo, completely made me forget that though.

It's not a perfect movie by any means. Its not some Michael Bay movie but its also not the first Iron man or certainly the Dark Knight. With so many characters though its hard to get that. Whedon did well for the most part. The first hour is average. Was not really intrested in Hawkeye or Nick Fury throughout.

Just hope Ruffalo gets his own Hulk movie.:hulk:

#919 Harley2004, May 1, 2012
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
  20. Oruku Saki Registered

And TDK again..

21. Infinity9999x Registered

I haven't seen CFE around for a while. It's too bad, I missed his reviews, especially when he did one of his countdown threads. Even if you disagreed with him he always had very well written and thought out articles.

22. Figs Registered

Same here. I was wondering if anyone knew if he had his own site or blog.

23. Lone Non-playable character

I watched this in IMAX 3D last night. Couldn't stop smiling once the epic ass kicking started and well after the movie ended.

I can't find a negative thing to say about this movie without being nitpicky. Btw, I don't know if this is intentional but I find it weird that [BLACKOUT]one of the Council members bore an uncanny resemblance to Yinsen from IM[/BLACKOUT].:oldrazz:

Everyone got their moment. Pacing was great. Didn't feel like it was over two hours. And that [BLACKOUT]long tracking shot beginning with Cap giving Widow a boost to hijack the Chitauri vehicle[/BLACKOUT] gave me ****ing goosebumps. ****ing brilliant.

24. thalidomide The Enemy

Same here! I got the same feeling when I saw the feel, it only goes to show that we really enjoyed the film :)

25. fixxxer1022 Registered

it was a 10/10 for me but i can say some hulk fans will be disappointed.
    only one short line in the movie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.