The Dark Knight Rises The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. I just watched this movie a second time. A lot made sense now. A lot of doubts I had regarding the plot I don't have it anymore. I still think it's not better than TDK but this movie now gets a solid 8,5. I still don't like the ending, how they never explained how Bruce Wayne died and how he came back from the Prison. A good redemption between him and Alfred would've been cool before the 3rd act. I don't like the way Bane and Talia died. But now I think its better than Batman Begins. TDK is still the masterpiece of this trilogy, imo, but this deserves to be in 2nd place.

Oh it's not the ending I'm slamming. More the film as a whole. It's a classic in its own right, but is still the beginning of the downswing for Star Wars.

It's when the films went from being strong minded mythological constructs into commercial kids movies. Have a read of the history behind Star Wars and you'll know that it was a mashed up film that Lucas put together to avoid doing more Star Wars films at the time.

There was supposed to be far more going on in that film and it wasn't meant to be the end. But oh well. Still love the film, but I don't think it achieved what it should have.

It lacked conviction, is the best way to put it.

But isn't the star wars trilogy pretty much considered the mold for creating a trilogy? 3 stand alone stories that all also tie into one larger story cohesively ? if you wanna bash star wars take it to another thread please...

I do have one major glaring plot hole to me i haven't really seen discussed on here.... And that's the fact there's a rope and pully system hanging from the top of the pit... A rope strong enough to not only hold a persons weight, but also strong enough to not break under the force of a falling body.... So why was this rope never used to simply just climb? Or why couldn't the person holding the rope, keep pulling them up on the pulley? This for me was one if the largest head scratching moments ..... I wanted to scream into the audience during that.....

I think they couldn't reach the top with it, just enough to go to that step but that's one of the problems I had with movie too. That climb wasn't that well explained and it kinda made no sense.

I think they couldn't reach the top with it, just enough to go to that step but that's one of the problems I had with movie too. That climb wasn't that well explained and it kinda made no sense.

.... What was there a knot tied to stop the pulley?? And regardless.... He still should have been able to climb the rope...

I do have one major glaring plot hole to me i haven't really seen discussed on here.... And that's the fact there's a rope and pully system hanging from the top of the pit... A rope strong enough to not only hold a persons weight, but also strong enough to not break under the force of a falling body.... So why was this rope never used to simply just climb? Or why couldn't the person holding the rope, keep pulling them up on the pulley? This for me was one if the largest head scratching moments ..... I wanted to scream into the audience during that.....

they could have climbed the rope, but only to a certain point. the rope did not reach the top of the prison, only the ledge where those trying to escape had to jump. yes, the prisoners making the first leg of the journey could have

also, we see all the prisoners chanting when Bruce watches someone try to escape and fail. i'm thinking it was more of a ritual to use the wall and not the rope. (also, anyone who used the rope to climb instead of the wall is obviously invested in their own safety, and not their own survival, and would never have been able to make the leap of faith)

the rope we see at the top of the pit when bruce escapes is not the same rope that goes to the bottom of the pit. that would be the biggest plothole of all time...to simple have a rope which prisoners could use to climb out of the prison without relying on the ledge at all

Something that made no sense was that after Bruce climbed out of the prison, he kicked the rope and threw it to the guys down there. Really? Did he really let prisoners get out? Where they all innocent?

Something that made no sense was that after Bruce climbed out of the prison, he kicked the rope and threw it to the guys down there. Really? Did he really let prisoners get out? Where they all innocent?

they don't deserve the pit of despair, they don't deserve a fate worse than death (no man should be sentenced to hell on earth)

they could have climbed the rope, but only to a certain point. the rope did not reach the top of the prison, only the ledge where those trying to escape had to jump. yes, the prisoners making the first leg of the journey could have

also, we see all the prisoners chanting when Bruce watches someone try to escape and fail. i'm thinking it was more of a ritual to use the wall and not the rope. (also, anyone who used the rope to climb instead of the wall is obviously invested in their own safety, and not their own survival, and would never have been able to make the leap of faith)

the rope we see at the top of the pit when bruce escapes is not the same rope that goes to the bottom of the pit. that would be the biggest plothole of all time...to simple have a rope which prisoners could use to climb out of the prison without relying on the ledge at all

I know the rope shown when Bruce escaped was not the same, but Im pretty sure the harness rope was shown to go to the top. In some shots you could see the rope hanging towards the top... In other shots the rope completely disappeared

the rope is clearly shown to not reach the top when bruce sees the first person climb and fail.

shots where it looks like it reaches the top are your eyes deceiving you because the pit is so deep and the last ledge is near the top where the rope stops. it is clear the rope does not reach the pit's ledge

other shots where the rope seem to disappear are shots where the rope is resting against the side of the pit wall. it's a big pit, wide and deep and the rope is brown...just like the side of the pit. it isn't gone, it's obviously against the side of the pit.

For a director that loves exposition, the climb to the top was sketchy at best. Also, something that really bugged me was how the hell did Alfred knew so much about Bane and the League of Shadows? He simply told Bruce his whole story. I thought they were supposed to be a really secret organization. I guess he googled it.

i could see how a prisoner might have been able to climb up to the jumping ledge, cut the rope down, climb the footholds back to the bottom of the pit, make it into a grappling device, climb the pit wall using only the footholds and then use the rope-turned-grapple to escape the prison.

even then, the person would have had to risk climbing the pit wall with no rope and risk falling to their death before reaching the jumping ledge and grappling out. there were other ways out of the prisoner, but no matter how you did it you would have to do it without the rope at some point.

in your opinion that may be true. that doesn't make it a plot hole.

Yeah, but i know several with the same issue. It wasn't shown very clear. Just because you picked up on it doesn't mean every one else did either....

indeed, but still not a plot-hole. you're criticizing the direction/photography and not the the continuity of the plot. that is pure opinion - worth discussing - but you called the problem a "glaring plothole" which it is not. i'm not saying you're opinion on the direction is wrong, but just calling it a plothole is inaccurate.

indeed, but still not a plot-hole. you're criticizing the direction/photography and not the the continuity of the plot. that is pure opinion - worth discussing - but you called the problem a "glaring plothole" which it is not. i'm not saying you're opinion on the direction is wrong, but just calling it a plothole is inaccurate.
To be fair... It would be a pretty big plot hole of a "duh" moment if the rope was like i thought it was...

Also, something that really bugged me was how the hell did Alfred knew so much about Bane and the League of Shadows? He simply told Bruce his whole story. I thought they were supposed to be a really secret organization. I guess he googled it.

the CIA was clearly following Bane and finding out information on him (and very interested in capturing him), meaning they must have had files on him. alfred says the story about bane being born in a prison and being excommunicated from the league of shadows were "rumors" - likely things he read while reviewing the CIA's case file on Bane.

this is not clearly explained, but the explanation seems unnecessary in my opinion. he obviously didn't just google "Bane"...unless the program the bat-computer uses to hack into the CIA's files is called Bat-Google or something like that...

UaalaDan and other doubters...this :dry: this:dry:

Wait... So if you didn't like the movie, or like myself... Found it entertaining... But easily the worst nolan film to date with reasons to back up ones opinion.... They're doubting what exactly??? Sorry but it sounds like your part of a cult by saying that....

i think by doubters he means people who went into the movie doubting it would live up to the expectations. you're honestly going to tell me you think the guy who gave us BB and TDK (not to mention Momento and Inception) would leave a plot hole like a rope that extends the entire wall of the prison? how do you consider that to be a plothole unless you were going into the movie with the opinion that it would have some kind of major flaw in it.

he doesn't have to show us the rope on the wall clearly, or that it doesn't extend to the top because those are things that are easy to assume (and are still shown to be true throughout the entire movie).

doubters = people looking for flaws instead of paying attention to the story

not saying that was anyone in particular, maybe the rope thing really was just a consequence of the direction for you individually. but in general, it seems like a lot of people are pointing out "plot-holes" that are really their own inability to understand and take in what they've seen.

i don't like people calling something a plot-hole when it is not, and it frustrates me because i really liked this movie and if someone comes on here and reads about all the supposed "plot-holes" it could make them either not want to see the movie, or believe something that was posted inaccurately to be true.

Trust me i didn't go into the film doubting a thing. But several things flew at me. I had zero reason to go in doubting a thing. And i certainly wouldn't of paid $32 to take me and my boyfriend (who had already seen it) if all i expected to do was complain about it............ That's complete hogwash and immature reasonings for someone to justify others opinions for disliking or in my case (feeling luke warn... I gave it a 6.5 or 7) about a film you live and overlook some flaws in because you loved it that much... someone missing a film you love you really don't need to take so personal

Last edited:
Wait... So if you didn't like the movie, or like myself... Found it entertaining... But easily the worst nolan film to date with reasons to back up ones opinion.... They're doubting what exactly??? Sorry but it sounds like your part of a cult by saying that....

Yes, Gallery explained it just as I would, so I will not explain any further.

And if I'm in a cult by enjoying the film and thinking it was the best of the trilogy, then yes, I guess I drank the kool-aid. However, many of you that are bringing up all these 'plot holes' as if other movies don't have them and saying this was not a good film and the worst in the series must be scientology crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"