The Official SAW V thread

Very good observation on the first one there Sunrise.
But I think we have to wait for Saw V to get the real answer to your second post.

Yeah, and that's why I enjoy the Saw series so much myself.

Figured I would bump this thread.

Is there any news on when SAW IV will be released on DVD? I want to watch all four of them in sequence. :cmad: :yay:

I just noticed a theme in the SAW films so far. The last three films seem to continue the concept of patience and forgiveness. In SAW II, III, and IV the tests seem to revolve around the feeling of patience and forgiveness.

Had Matthews remained calm and not beat up Jigsaw he'd be with his son and not dead.

Had Jeff waited and forgave Jigsaw instead of killing him he'd be alive along with Lynn and Corbett.

Had Rigg just waited outside of the door he wouldn't have been shot and left for dead.

A poster on the SAW forums brought up a good point. She suggested that she believes
Hoffman was blackmailed into taking part in Jigsaws game.

Figured I would bump this thread.

Is there any news on when SAW IV will be released on DVD? I want to watch all four of them in sequence. :cmad: :yay:

I just noticed a theme in the SAW films so far. The last three films seem to continue the concept of patience and forgiveness. In SAW II, III, and IV the tests seem to revolve around the feeling of patience and forgiveness.

Had Matthews remained calm and not beat up Jigsaw he'd be with his son and not dead.

Had Jeff waited and forgave Jigsaw instead of killing him he'd be alive along with Lynn and Corbett.

Had Rigg just waited outside of the door he wouldn't have been shot and left for dead.

A poster on the SAW forums brought up a good point. She suggested that she believes
Hoffman was blackmailed into taking part in Jigsaws game.
Saw III was about anger/forgiveness,saw IV was about obsession imo,riggs wanted to save everyone,but he was made to see ppl need to beable to save themselves..
If he would of followed the rules,as Det. Matthews had a reputation as a crooked cop
If jeff wasn't so caught up in anger,and forgive Jiggs,would of found his daughter
Again,this was his obsession on trying to be the hero,and he did'nt learn anything from the tests he was given
I don't know if he was blackmailed or not. I think maybe a unwelcomed participant or a apprentice or another puppet of the real(new) jiggs.

But how could you not be in anger??
He witnessed all those things happen..and he met the person who made it happen..

But how could you not be in anger??
He witnessed all those things happen..and he met the person who made it happen..

I think that's the key to that particular film. It asks the question of whether or not you could put aside your anger long enough? Like in SAW II, all Eric had to do was talk to Jigsaw for 2 hours and he would've had his son.

From my perspective I think I could've done it, but afterwards I would've beat the **** out of him and possibly killed him. :woot:

One thing I'm still confused about is why is Jigsaw in the morgue? Yes, I know he's dead and all, however, it doesn't fully explain why the bodies of Jeff, Lynn, and Amanda weren't in the same morgue you know. It wouldn't make sense for homicide to just get the body of Jigsaw and leave the rest of them behind.

One thing I'm still confused about is why is Jigsaw in the morgue? Yes, I know he's dead and all, however, it doesn't fully explain why the bodies of Jeff, Lynn, and Amanda weren't in the same morgue you know. It wouldn't make sense for homicide to just get the body of Jigsaw and leave the rest of them behind.
This is a whole different story that I believe will be explored in the sequels.
Agent Strahm is yet to get out of there, alive or otherwise...

This is a whole different story that I believe will be explored in the sequels.
Agent Strahm is yet to get out of there, alive or otherwise...

That's a good point.

There's no telling what happened to him when the door shut and the lights were turned off. However, the writers of both SAW 5 and 6 said that they're working hard with Scott Patterson's schedule, as he's doing a television series. I really, really want Strahm back because he was such a badass and calm at the same time.

I think someone(the new apprentice) drugged him and left him in the room for his test after killing Jeff.

The more I think about the more I begin to realize that there is another apprentice.

Seriously, when you think about it
who else could put Hoffman in a trap and set up Eric as well? Hoffman couldn't put himself in a trap the way he did and make it look believeable and hang Eric as well. If anything I believe someone helped Hoffman put the trap together.

My suggestion is not to overthink it:
It could've been Amanda herself, as she was still alive at the time.

My suggestion is not to overthink it:
It could've been Amanda herself, as she was still alive at the time.

Possibly.

I think they would've shown her putting him in the trap when the twist was revealed. Guess all of our questions/theories will be answered next year with the fifth SAW.

Lyriq Bent (Riggs) IS Luke Cage...in my opinion anyway. Just a thought.

Lyriq Bent (Riggs) IS Luke Cage...in my opinion anyway. Just a thought.

I'm still trying to figure out why Hoffman and Matthews didn't interact much during their trap? I will say that I loved Matthew's reaction when he first see's Hoffman in the trap.

It was a nice little piece of acting by Donnie Wahlberg, almost as if in his mind and eyes he was saying "Damn, you too?!". I know people say that the acting in the SAW films are weak and everything, but I feel the acting has gotten better with each and every film.

Tobin Bell, Scott Patterson, Costas Mandylor, Donnie Wahlberg, and Shawnee Smith are the highlights as far as acting is concerned.

I'm still trying to figure out why Hoffman and Matthews didn't interact much during their trap? I will say that I loved Matthew's reaction when he first see's Hoffman in the trap.

It was a nice little piece of acting by Donnie Wahlberg, almost as if in his mind and eyes he was saying "Damn, you too?!". I know people say that the acting in the SAW films are weak and everything, but I feel the acting has gotten better with each and every film.

Tobin Bell, Scott Patterson, Costas Mandylor, Donnie Wahlberg, and Shawnee Smith are the highlights as far as acting is concerned.

I highly agree with you. The acting in the SAW franchise is some of the most brillant stuff coming out. I see no weakness.

I believe some people just say that acting was bad because they simply didn't like the premise of the franchise all together. But I agree, the acting was fine, no major flaws.

I don't think they had much oppertunity to interact with eachother. Matthews was probably out of it,weak,plus he was dangling on a chain standing on a block of ice. Hoffman had his mouth tied,and since he was apart of the test/or creator of the test...allah amanda...

The autopsy scene was at beginning of movie;which the scene was really taking place at the end of saw 3/4. So,is it safe to say Saw 5 will be taking place simataniously(sp) with 3/4? I'm so confused,lol....

I think Bousman (and the writers too I guess) likes to play with the ‘time and place’ element just like he did with Saw II, so there might be some time related twists in V and VI and that could just become one of the franchise’s distinctive signatures.
But in my opinion it’s doubtful that they will cram in another plotline simultaneous with the previous two. Saw II and Saw IV each have their twists done differently. To repeat the one in IV with V would be redundant and just plane unoriginal.

I think Bousman (and the writers too I guess) likes to play with the ‘time and place’ element just like he did with Saw II, so there might be some time related twists in V and VI and that could just become one of the franchise’s distinctive signatures.
But in my opinion it’s doubtful that they will cram in another plotline simultaneous with the previous two. Saw II and Saw IV each have their twists done differently. To repeat the one in IV with V would be redundant and just plane unoriginal.
..But are'nt they going to have to push another plot line in. I mean Jeff gets killed by the one FBI guy,thats after the doors get locked..so what happened inbetween that scene and autopsy situation? Its hard to follow or think of time frames,but I'm guessing theres another sequence of events that was not shown..jeff/jiggs scene..to them finding jiggs body..autopsy..but/shrug got a year to wait :(

i heard in saw 5, jiggsaw is going to set up the next kill in a bondage parlour,
with plenty of rubber and oil for those fetish fans.

then jiggsaw is going to have sex with the victim.

great movie.

..But are'nt they going to have to push another plot line in. I mean Jeff gets killed by the one FBI guy,thats after the doors get locked..so what happened inbetween that scene and autopsy situation? Its hard to follow or think of time frames,but I'm guessing theres another sequence of events that was not shown..jeff/jiggs scene..to them finding jiggs body..autopsy..but/shrug got a year to wait :(
That depends on where they wana go with it. In Saw III we saw what happened to Detective Matthews to certain extent and yet he still was forgotten as a plot hole till Saw IV. So was Corbett ignored entirely in the latest film, so we’ll see her in Saw V.

And get some sleep, daywalker.

I read the SAW: Rebirth comic book the other day and felt it would've been nice if they included Jigsaw's line "I decided to make a difference. One person at a time."

Many have stated that in SAW IV John's transformation into Jigsaw was weak as it was because of his dead son. It made sense, but it wasn't the only thing that set him off, it was seeing everything and everyone around him go to waste while he was suffering from an incurable disease.

I truly love just how cool, calm, and yet angry he was at Cecil during their confrontation.

205px-DetectiveEricMatthews.JPG

I am still pissed that they killed him off. I almost wish they kept his original fate intact with Amanda killing him in SAW III. But as I said before, he should've been given a happy ending and reunited with his son. I also feel he would've made an awesome Jigsaw apprentice. To be honest if I was writing the film, Eric would've survived and possibly revealed himself as an apprentice or reunite with Daniel. Some have even formed the theory that it wasn't him in the trap with Hoffman. But we all know that's just grasping for straws since we saw him getting dragged into the cell by Hoffman, held prisoner, fed, and then get killed because of Riggs stupidity.

I read the SAW: Rebirth comic book the other day and felt it would've been nice if they included Jigsaw's line "I decided to make a difference. One person at a time."

Many have stated that in SAW IV John's transformation into Jigsaw was weak as it was because of his dead son. It made sense, but it wasn't the only thing that set him off, it was seeing everything and everyone around him go to waste while he was suffering from an incurable disease.

I truly love just how cool, calm, and yet angry he was at Cecil during their confrontation.

205px-DetectiveEricMatthews.JPG

I am still pissed that they killed him off. I almost wish they kept his original fate intact with Amanda killing him in SAW III. But as I said before, he should've been given a happy ending and reunited with his son. I also feel he would've made an awesome Jigsaw apprentice. To be honest if I was writing the film, Eric would've survived and possibly revealed himself as an apprentice or reunite with Daniel. Some have even formed the theory that it wasn't him in the trap with Hoffman. But we all know that's just grasping for straws since we saw him getting dragged into the cell by Hoffman, held prisoner, fed, and then get killed because of Riggs stupidity.

I agree with you, yet I have not read the comic yet. John's transformation was, I thought, great.

It's been a while since we've discussed anything SAW related in this thread.

Obviously there hasn't been any news except for the obvious returns of Tobin Bell, Costas Mandylor, and Scott Patterson. I would, however, discuss some more Dr. Gordon possibilities on this particular thread and see what everyone thinks of the videos I've found.

These videos were not made by me in anyway shape or form. I just happened to stumble upon them when I was searching SAW stuff on Youtube.

[YT]zy7gD86_0Ug[/YT]

I don't want to get my hopes up or anyone elses hopes up. I'm starting to believe that Dr. Gordon is in fact alive and is somehow involved as an apprentice for Jigsaw. Now I could be wrong, for all I know he could be dead and they could show his corpse in SAW V as a way of closing his story arc and ending the speculation. But why would they wait four sequels into the franchise and FINALLY show his body? That's what makes no sense to me and that's why I believe he's alive.

If he's brought back I'd like it to be this huge surprise that no one will see coming. The general audience has no clue about him or his following, so if they've seen first one and know what he did, chances are it could top the surprise twist of SAW if done right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"