Age of Ultron The Official Scarlet Witch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If marvel are still looking for a younger wanda why not give felicity jones a call?

FNdJAX6.jpg

She's a very talented young actress, a star on the rise and she has the same sort of look as Taylor jones if they're still trying to get him too
Felicity Jones is in the new Spider Man movie, possibly as Felicia Hardy.

I don't understand how they'll explain where how powers derive from.

The brain slot from Iron Man 3.

Remember?

Aldrich Killian's comments about that slot proving humanity is not being done evolving was not a throw away line.

There's plenty of possibilities to explain where the Wonder Twins get their powers from, most already mentioned. Killian's "brain slot"; Terrigen Mists if they choose the Inhuman route; chaos magic; High Evolutionary; you name it.

Personally, I think the kids will find a crashed flying saucer that contains the fossilized remains of an alien dragon and will loot a handful of magic rings out of the wreckage, since we're shooting for realism here. :o

Aaron Taylor jones, the top contender for quicksilver

That's ok, Chris Evans used to be the human torch after all
It's not the same thing. Evans wasn't the Human Torch at the SAME TIME as he was Cap.

It's not the same thing. Evans wasn't the Human Torch at the SAME TIME as he was Cap.

But unless/until Sony and Marvel blend their two cinematic universes together, you're talking about two characters from two separate "realities." Nobody would have any more trouble with her playing two different roles in two different movies than they would with Jennifer Lawrence playing Mystique in one film and Katniss in another. There are very, very few people in this world who are that detached from reality that they'd freak out over one actor playing two different roles.

That's certainly true, but the studios might. Especially Sony, who are very invested in Spider Man's continued success.

There was only a couple of years in between the ff movie and the cap movie. I'm fairly certain the only ones who would care would be fanboys

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

face1292188682bywiltedr.png

It's Aaron Taylor-JOHNSON.
Sorry I'm going to try and blame that on my iPads autocorrect

A few years between is NOT the same as both franchises happening at the same time. Jones is not going to get this role, not going to happen. Olsen seems like a pretty safe bet now.

I'm sorry, but you're assuming she's going to be Black Cat/Felicia Hardy (which she won't) and won't just have an ordinary human role. If she has an ordinary human role there's no reason she can't be in a Marvel Studios film as a real superhero. That said, I don't think she's going to be cast anyway.

I'm sorry, but you're assuming she's going to be Black Cat/Felicia Hardy (which she won't) and won't just have an ordinary human role. If she has an ordinary human role there's no reason she can't be in a Marvel Studios film as a real superhero. That said, I don't think she's going to be cast anyway.
Your assuming that she WON'T be Felicia Hardy. I'm not assuming anything, I'm simply stating that its a possibility. Olsen is a good choice, I hope we get an update on that soon (maybe at NYCC).

Let's all fight each other over fan casting!:yay:

Samuel L. Jackson confirms Elizabeth Olsen:

“I don’t think we begin shooting before March of next year,” Jackson said of “The Avengers: Age of Ultron,” the next film to begin shooting in the Marvel universe. ”I know we’re shooting in London, that James Spader is Ultron and going to be the bad guy, and that we added Ms. [Elizabeth] Olsen [who will play the Scarlet Witch], but I don’t know what she’s doing, if she’s on the inside or the outside. I haven’t seen a script.”

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013...his-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-cameo-as-nick-fury/

Good, she's an excellent choice. Now, what does her movie costume look like, show us Whedon?

For her powers, if it's true they cannot use the word "mutant", why can't they simply avoid the word and simply say "she was born with them" And leave it at that?

Because its lazy and creates a bunch of contradictions for the Earth they've built cap far, which is one grounded firmly in reality.

I would hardly call the Marvel universe being grounded in reality. LOL

Them saying she was born with it, got it from exposure to the Tesseract or some other artifact or Terrigon Mist seems about right.

Samuel L. Jackson confirms Elizabeth Olsen:

“I don’t think we begin shooting before March of next year,” Jackson said of “The Avengers: Age of Ultron,” the next film to begin shooting in the Marvel universe. ”I know we’re shooting in London, that James Spader is Ultron and going to be the bad guy, and that we added Ms. [Elizabeth] Olsen [who will play the Scarlet Witch], but I don’t know what she’s doing, if she’s on the inside or the outside. I haven’t seen a script.”

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013...his-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-cameo-as-nick-fury/

Good to know that she's in. :yay:

Except they DID ground it in reality. They say it themselves. Other than a few extraterrestrial objects that give them the power to advance technology, Tony Stark's Iron Man suit, and the super soldier formula and its derivations, the world is completely normal. People aren't just born with powers in it.

And honestly, people need to stop expecting them to use the Inhumans as an explanation for their powers. It's not happening. I don't understand what people have against them using an off-branch of the "brain slot"/Extremis (i.e. perfect super soldier serum)as an explanation for their powers. It fits with what they've been building up and isn't as lazy as just saying they're born with powers just because.

You just could call them homo superior or evolved humans. THe thing is, if you cant use the x-men and most of their essence, you would need a pretty good explanation of why there are only two "evolved" humans, and, casually, why they are also brother and sister, or make a world full of a kind o characters, mutants, you cant even name legally and wich primer characters you cant use. They could perfectly well be, i dont know, two orphans somebody experimented with to create some kind of evolution or something to create theyre own superhero. Its not that original, but its just a posibility. Im sure this creative team can come up with a pretty neat concept.

I already theorized a neat explanation for that.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=465913

The important thing is they're not the only two "evolved humans". We've already seen numerous "evolved humans"...Captain America, the Hulk, the Extremis soldiers, Mike Peterson....they're "evolved" through the super soldier serum experiments and the brain slot. I mean, it's the most obvious thing in the world this is the way they're going to explain people with powers and get around mutants. They did the same thing in the Ultimate comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"