The Official Scarlet Witch Thread

Discussion in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' started by xeno000, May 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

I wouldn't even want a variation of that lol. I'm just sick of black leather standing in for costume all the time. It's getting lazy.

2. Havok83

Havok83 Well-Known Member

well that's the route that fits in more with a more realistic look and vibe and less cartoonish. Wanda's at least has a lot of red on it. Its not straight up black.

3. Nathan

Nathan ...

Just give her something similar to what Jean wore in last stand.

[​IMG]

4. Specter313

Specter313 Ghost of all things X

Which looks similar to what she's wearing in the comics now.

5. AvengerPA

AvengerPA Well-Known Member

The Ultimates costume is too revealing and not red enough. I never liked it. Give me a costume that justifies the name Scarlet Witch.

It is also wrong to say that the movies are based on the Ultimates. The MCU is combining elements of the 616 Universe and the Ultimate Universe while inventing its own elements.

6. Havok83

Havok83 Well-Known Member

The plot of Avengers was ripped straight from The Ultimates Vol. 1. Hawkeye's design also came from there. I think its a fair assessment to say that Whedon was heavily inspired by that book when creating the movie.

7. Loki882

Loki882 Well-Known Member

Actually, the plot of Avengers was a combination of Avengers #1 from back in the 60's and Ultimates Vol. 1. Loki being the villain that brings the team together and manipulating the Hulk to go on a rampage is from Avengers #1. The Chitauri, SHIELD being a huge presence, and Hawkeye/BW are all from Ultimates. I always liked Jean Grey's costume from TLS. Something along those lines could work for Wanda. I'd make it a brighter shade of red than what Jean had.

8. Ragnaroknroll

Ragnaroknroll Well-Known Member

I understand some changes are necessary for the big screen but the Ultimates look is bland and pathetic. They can do way better than that.

I hate that cover anyway. Every time I see Wanda straddling Pietro I wanna puke. F*** Mark Millar.

9. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

Also, Ultron as we know him from the 616 comics doesn't exist in the Ultimate universe, so this movie is obviously going to be heavily influenced by 616.

10. Tymminator

Tymminator The Main Man in Minnesota

They really take elements from both, Fury is straight Ultimates, but Thor from the MCU is definitely not Ultimate Thor, Cap is not Ultimate Cap and Ironman is closer to 616 Ironman as well.

The outfits that Quicksilver had in Ultimates 1&2 and Ultimate Power (they were changed for Loeb's Ultimates 3 to a similar classic 616 look) are meant to seem more uniform than costume, but I hope they do at least have SOME classic elements to their costumes. I mean, the Scarlet Witch should have a good amount of red to her costume IMO,why else is she a called the Scarlet Witch if she's predominantly in a basic leather-ops costume with a tube top that just has a splash of red?

11. Tymminator

OK, it's not really a tube top, but I don't know what else to call it.

12. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

A bustier.

And even Ultimate Wanda's midriff-baring ensemble is way, *way* more conservative than most superheroine gear. Bare midriffs are very common in casual wear these days, so something like the Ultimate bustier and pants wouldn't cause *anyone* except the driest prude to bat an eyelash. Hell, I've seen girls wear less than that to church.

13. Tymminator

Thank you. For the life of me I could not remember what it was called.

14. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

They probably won't be wearing the Ultimate outfits since they won't be SHIELD agents

It sounds like they'll be street urchins, so my guess is they'll be wearing plainclothes that evoke the patterns of their classic costumes

15. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

I don't know if Elizabeth is the type of girl who would want to show off her midriff to be honest nor do I think Whedon is the type of director who would force a woman to do that.

The current outfit Wanda's wearing in uncanny avengers is my favourite. I hope they go with that although I think Whedon said in an interview he had a problem with the headwear so they might make it a red hairband thing maybe?

16. Nathan

Nathan ...

I'd make her headwear some type of accessory. Maybe like the tiara Wonder Woman wears. But slim like in this picture.

[​IMG]

17. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I wouldn't mind ScarWit (not ScarJo ;) ) to wear something like this:

[​IMG]

Obviously it would have to be better fitting (because SMG doesn't quite look like she has boobs there) and the dress could actually be longer past her knees with slits on the side (even like an evening gown) but at least with a cape and red dress it would conjure the image from the comics without necessarily having to be exactly the same or even having to be a bustier.

If ScarWit's costume were like a ballgown (but without the huge bell shape on the bottom - I forget what it's called) then she could get away with a cape and some kind of head wear.

Or it could be a cross between a ball gown/ evening wear and what Jean Grey wore in X:TLS (but a bit sexier).

18. Hyde

Hyde Ooga-Chaka

I wouldn't mind if ScarJo wore that :o

19. Just_Human

Just_Human Well-Known Member

It would be great if Whedon's Scarlett was someome a bit emo-grundgy who is into sorcery, so her outfit would reflect that

Kinda like another Whedon's character, Willow, but with a costume this time

20. Nathan

Nathan ...

So... Evolution Wanda?

[​IMG]

21. Just_Human

Just_Human Well-Known Member

Damn they actually made that version

So yeah, pretty much what I meant

But not with straight hair ... more with some hippie wavy hair

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  22. Sub-Zero

Sub-Zero Ice Cold

aren't they gypsies? what would gypsies who work for a clandestine government agency look like? i'm only speculating that they are shield agents, but since avengers was remarkably similar to the ultimates, including the twins as "heroes" fits in. too bad for hank and jan though.

23. S. Grundy

S. Grundy Well-Known Member

They're probably gonna pull a Hawkeye and go Ultimate with the look.

24. terry78

terry78 I'm gonna need more rope

Whedon isn't one for making his chicks into blatant fanservice unless he's doing it as a gag or turning it on its ear.

25. AvengerPA

AvengerPA Well-Known Member

I think that the Avengers are going to push themselves away from SHIELD in this film and operate separately. They will not be like the Ultimates this time. I don't think the twins will be SHIELD agents, and may probably be initially hostile to intelligence agencies, American foreign policy, and military-industrial complexes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.