Age of Ultron The Official Scarlet Witch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvel is looking at Saoirse Ronan as its ideal Wanda, so Traue wouldn't even be on their radar for the role. She is too different from Ronan. Emma Watson would be a more reasonable analog. Watson is also from the UK, she's only a few years older than Ronan and she has the acting chops for the role. Having already played a witch in eight movies it's doubtful that she would go for it, though.

How exciting! I hope we get an announcement soon!

Place your bets now people!

So far casting of our heroes has been near perfect so no worries here.

Marvel will probably introduce their Wanda & Pietro at SDCC next month. Those announcements along with the reveal of the new films for Phase Three, footage from Thor and CA: TWS will make for an exciting few days in July. I can't wait!

Cast roles in less than a month for a movie that isn't shooting for nearly another year? Not happening.

I would normally agree with you, except:
1) Whedon recently dodged a question regarding Aaron Taylor Johnson being in talks
and
2) Ruaffalo was cast in July 2010, when shooting for The Avengers didn't start until April 2011.

So it's surprisingly not out of the question.

People are cast for roles very early a lot of times; a lot of the time it's how they know their schedule.

Didn't Jeremy Renner enter talks for Hawkeye in, like, late 2009?

I wouldn't expect the slate for phase 3 to be announced this year. We just got everything for phase 2 last year...I think it would be better to keep us guessing till atleast 2014

I wouldn't expect the slate for phase 3 to be announced this year. We just got everything for phase 2 last year...I think it would be better to keep us guessing till atleast 2014

Heck yeah, keep us guessing on Phase 3, I prefer the suspense.

I wonder if Wanda will be a mechanism for telling the central story Joss basically wanted to tell in Firefly: a young woman with varying degrees of emotional stability (with an overprotective brother) who might well have enough power to remake the world.

God, I hope not. Joss seems to be a fan of classic Scarlet Witch, which means we probably won't get womb-crazy-plot-device or incestuous-floozy.

I wonder what her power level will be like though. Will it be kind of her 1980s power level, or will there be hints that she can reshape the earth.

I think Wanda at FULL power could be something like reshaping the Earth, however it would kill her.

One big action set piece idea I had was her and Pietro invading Wakanda to steal vibranium and Wanda creating an earthquake, prompting the help of the Avengers. Something like that would probably weaken her greatly but then there's the angle of if she's a villain (like we've speculated) working for AIM or whoever then they'd be taking advantage of her

It will entirely depend on how they (re)define her power set for the movie. I doubt she will be an actual reality warper, though, that's a tad too broad.

Cast roles in less than a month for a movie that isn't shooting for nearly another year? Not happening.
Avengers 2 is shooting at the beginning of 2014, that is less than six months away. Plus, Joss has said that he doesn't want the production for this one to feel as rushed and he is also likely helping out in other areas of Marvel, like Agents of SHIELD. I can see him wanting to get some of these big castings out of the way.

Avengers 2 is shooting at the beginning of 2014, that is less than six months away. Plus, Joss has said that he doesn't want the production for this one to feel as rushed and he is also likely helping out in other areas of Marvel, like Agents of SHIELD. I can see him wanting to get some of these big castings out of the way.

Dang if the Avengers was a rushed production I'd like to see what they could come up with working at a leisurely pace, hehe.

Maybe rushed is the wrong term, but I definitely get the sense that Joss would like this production to be less frantic lets say.

It's shooting March, that is not six months away, it's nine months, or in other words nearly a year, as I said.

8 months. Casting that early if they really like someone is fine and it happens.

It happens all the time, Mackie was cast last summer

I wouldn't be shocked if Wanda and Pietro's actors, as well as Avengers 2, is officially announced next month at SDCC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"