Age of Ultron The Official Scarlet Witch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since she apparently won't be Mary Jane anymore, how about Shailene Woodley?
She nor did Webb ever say that she wasn't MJ anymore. Webb just cut MJ from this movie but said she'd probably be back for the others and unless Woodley's schedule doesn't permit it I'm sure she'll be back too.

Well Marvel hasn't come out and said it, but 'sources' stated Marvel wanted the twins to be younger in their late teens/early 20s.
It fits with Whedon wanting the twins to be at odds with the rest of the team on how things are done.

Kristen Stewart, please no, just no. I don't need a Wanda who has and displays all the nervous ticks Stewart does. Because for whatever reason no acting coach ever told her those nervous ticks don't work in every role.

Stewart is a untalented, uncharismatic bore. Thankfully she's so busy sleepwalking her way through other franchises that she probably won't have time for TA, even if Marvel were tasteless enough to want to hire her.

I wonder if Wanda will be a mechanism for telling the central story Joss basically wanted to tell in Firefly: a young woman with varying degrees of emotional stability (with an overprotective brother) who might well have enough power to remake the world.
God, I hope not. Joss seems to be a fan of classic Scarlet Witch, which means we probably won't get womb-crazy-plot-device or incestuous-floozy.

Am I the only one who saw this as completely non-sequitor? What Pink Ranger described is true of classic Wanda, plus, if Whedon likes Wanda then that explains River in Firefly quite well. Nothing to do with insanity or incest at all.

Given the rumored age range, I'm thinking Juno Temple would make a perfect Scarlet Witch.
I also like Tania Raymonde for the role, but I definitely think Temple is one of the best suited (given she is starting to be well known, her latest roles, etc).

I'm hoping we get casting news soon. Falcon was already cast around this time last year for Cap 2.

And Wanda should have really blue eyes.

Olga Kurylenko or Kesnia Solo could be good.

Olga Kurylenko or Kesnia Solo could be good.
I love both women. You do realize there is a pretty big age difference though right? It is like you are casting two very different roles.

It depends of what they want to do with Wanda. Both could work, but I'd prefer Solo myself (she is my favorite actor on Lost Girl and was good in Black Swan). Plus, she could conceivably pass for Eastern European (she's Russian on LG).

Man, am I out of the loop when it comes to Hollywood. I don't know who any of these people are (except Kirsten Stewart...ew, ew, ew).
Am I the only one who saw this as completely non-sequitor? What Pink Ranger described is true of classic Wanda, plus, if Whedon likes Wanda then that explains River in Firefly quite well. Nothing to do with insanity or incest at all.
What PR described was Avengers: Disassembled/HoM-Wanda, not classic Wanda. The only parts of "a young woman with varying degrees of emotional stability (with an overprotective brother) who might well have enough power to remake the world" that are applicable to classic Wanda are "young woman" and "overprotective brother". That's where the similarities between Wanda and River end, too. The incest bit, I just tacked on, because a bunch of people were going on about it that day and it annoyed me.

Last edited:
I just watched the host last night with my little cousin and im hoping Ronan was lying about not being in A2. I mean come on, she's already played a Wanda

Just got done watching Burton's Dark Shadows. The chick that plays Victoria in the movie, Bella Heathcote gets my vote for Scarlet Witch. Shes got the youthful look, sexy eyes, and over-all charm that I think would fit with what Joss is looking for.

Eh, she was a bit one-note. great look though. sexy haunted waif thing going on. i don't think Wanda has to have the pale goth Addams family look. Something fresh, not a refugee from a Tim Burton film slash Edward Gorey strip. Eva green wouldve been perfect even 5 years ago. oh well. Ronan would be fine if theyre going young.

But yeah Ms. Heathcote just doesnt have the chops or the juice yet for such a prominent role. ive only seen her in two movies so far so who knows maybe she can nail the audition.

Actors and Actresses lie about roles and plot points quite frequently. It seems to be a trend recently in comic book movies especially. Ronan could still play Wanda, and is just lying to throw people off.

Am I the only one who thinks that they MAY be borrowing for the Ultimates Ultron story, and have him infatuated with Scarlet Witch?

Other than giving the Avengers a physical threat before Vision shows up, I really don't see why else they'd be present.

Wanda had an epic duel with Ultron at one point in the comics, so that could be a reason.

I can dig the Bella Heathcote suggestion. Same for Kesnia Solo.

I love Olfa Kurylenko, but she looks a bit too old to be the Wanda they're aiming for.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...rlet-witchs-costume-in-avengers-age-of-ultron
"She might wear a headband or something that might echo it. The guys at Marvel, the conceptual artists, are phenomenal, and they are so good at taking the essence of what works and interpreting it for the actual human body, and when they paint something you can not only tell how it’s gonna work on a person, you can even tell what fabric it’ll be. They are very specific, very talented. So I’m excited to see the designs. Obviously we want to echo the look that people know, but there’s the classic look and the Ultimates look, but you have to do it in a way that will work. But it can’t be too old school… she can’t wear a leotard."

I think this look would do well on film

scarletwitchuncanny2_4899.jpg

I'm cool with it. But damn, I wish they keep the headgear...there is something about it that makes wanda look, mystical, and oddly, hot lol

Am I the only one who thinks that they MAY be borrowing for the Ultimates Ultron story, and have him infatuated with Scarlet Witch?

Other than giving the Avengers a physical threat before Vision shows up, I really don't see why else they'd be present.

I could believe that they're looking to "Ultimate Ultron(s)" for inspiration, except for the fact that those robots are, just like in 616, created by Hank Pym. And Joss Whedon hates Hank Pym. :oldrazz:

As for how the Maximoffs are connected: I think they'll prove to be connected to HYDRA initially. All indications from Joss are that Wanda & Pietro are antagonists rather than heroes in this movie, and will actually fight the Avengers. Just as they did initially in the comics, before having a change of heart. And I strongly believe that MCU Ultron will be a product of HYDRA as well, and there's your connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"