Age of Ultron The Official Scarlet Witch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Wandas costume wont be as revealing, given the younger age of the actresses they're looking at. Most young actresses probably want to be known for talent, not their body

I also like the headgear. But I just can't think of a practical (by MCU standards) reason for her to wear it. Whedon's headband idea makes some sense. Oh and the mega-cleavage aint happening, regardless of the costume design or the actress. Unless they decide to go older and cast Eva Green. She could totally pull off the classic look without seeming exploitative. Only her though.

Last edited:
They could go a little more conservative , but it's still a pretty good look and would work well on film

Hope the outfit has a lot of red in it, more than the Ultimate comics. And I hope it looks cooler than just a leather jacket like the Ultimate comics as well. And they should definitely have her wear a tiara as a replacement for the...thing.

I do hope that it will be just as sexy as [BLACKOUT]Extremis[/BLACKOUT] Pepper, Black Widow, or Maria Hills costume

Hope the outfit has a lot of red in it, more than the Ultimate comics. And I hope it looks cooler than just a leather jacket like the Ultimate comics as well. And they should definitely have her wear a tiara as a replacement for the...thing.

**** tiara. That's a half-measure. If they give her any sort of headwear, they have to go ALL the way.

Ultimate Wanda looks too much like Elektra's movie costume:

scarlet_witch2.jpg

I really hope they don't go this route. It's very generic and bland. If she's not going to be classic old school then give her the gypsy costume. She needs a cape too. For all Whedon's talk of everyone having the same "punchy" powers, it's not much different if everyone has the same jumpsuit look either. Scarlet Witch's classic or gypsy costume is very distinctive and looks decidedly different from what everyone else is wearing. And since she won't be part of SHIELD, no need for a similar jumpsuit of any kind.

**** tiara. That's a half-measure. If they give her any sort of headwear, they have to go ALL the way.
That thing would look so stupid in real. It would be too distracting. And on top of that it doesn't even serve a purpose.

I really hope they don't go this route. It's very generic and bland. If she's not going to be classic old school then give her the gypsy costume. She needs a cape too. For all Whedon's talk of everyone having the same "punchy" powers, it's not much different if everyone has the same jumpsuit look either. Scarlet Witch's classic or gypsy costume is very distinctive and looks decidedly different from what everyone else is wearing. And since she won't be part of SHIELD, no need for a similar jumpsuit of any kind.
Nothing says she won't be a part of SHIELD (I hope she won't) and I highly doubt they give her a cape. They have to make this stuff somewhat believable, why would a girl randomly be wearing a cape? I'd rather they have her wear a cloak or scarf or something.

There , same costume , just a little more conservative
ScarletWitch3_zps7ffe6026.jpg

Don't like how she looks like Viper in Wolverine or Cruella De Ville. Or a 70s Bond girl.

She looks reminiscent of Dark Phoenix in X3. I see them potentially going that route, which I guess would be preferable to giving her an Elektra jumpsuit.

Thank god they aren't gonna have her wear the big head piece. Excited to see what they decide though.

While I'm fine with no huge headdress, I do think they'll use some sort of headpiece to emulate its look.

Wanda's tradional costume would be hard to adapt in live action. Marvel has been willing to change costumes when they feel it is needed (Hawkeye for example). I agree with Iowa that her Uncanny Avengers look could work great. It's just the right mix of sexy and practical.

Whatever Marvel decide on, I'm sure it'll be great.

I would have thought wandas costume would be one of the most easy to translate. It's not like ms marvels costume when she was ms marvel, ik, that was gross.

Never mind, I'm sure it'll be lovely

Wanda's tradional costume would be hard to adapt in live action. Marvel has been willing to change costumes when they feel it is needed (Hawkeye for example). I agree with Iowa that her Uncanny Avengers look could work great. It's just the right mix of sexy and practical.

Well at least it still looks similar to the classic. The Ultimate version however looks just like movie Elektra's costume as I mentioned before. I definitely don't want them going that route. Superheroines need to wear other things than just variations on catsuits/ jumpsuits.

I think I would be OK with Jennfier Garner's Elektra suit with a cape.

But the question here is.... why would the Maximoffs wear superhero suits?

I'm not a fan of her Ultimate costume. The UA looks elegant, regal, attractive, and functional, it's my favorite of her costumes. Also, it's essentialls a red outfit with a long red treanchcoat (which looks cool when someone like Coipel draws it), and red gloves. I could see her choosing to wear that

No idea how she has time for everyhing if thats truce

While that would be awesome (seriously I'd love it), J Law is currently Mystique in the X-franchise and Katniss in the HG movies, so I kind of doubt that she'll get the role. I recommend Ksenia Solo (Black Swan and Kenzi from Lost Girl).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"