Comics The Official Spider-Man back-issue pick-up thread...

Themanofbat

Never Mind the Buttocks...
Reaction score
As the thread title indicates, in this thread, we will discuss recent back issue purchases that are Spider-Man related...

Discuss...

:yay:

Today, I was lucky to have 2 decent finds...

First, I found an old Spider-Man Power Records comic (from 1974) with a 45 RPM record in it... it was the 2nd one released that year entitled "Invasion of the Dragon Men"

Here's a link to it...

http://www.spiderfan.org/audio/title/spiderman_power_records_comic.html

The book is in very good as is the record... got it for under 6 bucks... :up:

I also picked up a good copy of Marvel Super-Heroes #14 from 1967 for $20...

MarvelSuper-Heroes14.jpg

The Spider-Man story is pretty forgettable, but it's the very first Ross Andru Spider-Man art... :up:

Nice, I have both the Man-Wolf and Dragon Men Power Records comics somewhere, including the records. The Man-Wolf was pretty cool because it is the actual two Man-Wolf issues (edited down).

Also have a reprint of that first Andru art story. It was in one of those Giant Treasury Editions from the 70's. I believe that is the story THUNDERSTRIKE referenced when he complained about Andru's art.

Today, I was lucky to have 2 decent finds...

First, I found an old Spider-Man Power Records comic (from 1974) with a 45 RPM record in it... it was the 2nd one released that year entitled "Invasion of the Dragon Men"

Here's a link to it...

http://www.spiderfan.org/audio/title/spiderman_power_records_comic.html

The book is in very good as is the record... got it for under 6 bucks... :up:

I also picked up a good copy of Marvel Super-Heroes #14 from 1967 for $20...

MarvelSuper-Heroes14.jpg

The Spider-Man story is pretty forgettable, but it's the very first Ross Andru Spider-Man art... :up:

Aloha,
You did good my man. Best for less is always the way to go. Right now, in back issues, I need Strange Tales Annual #2.I've got FF Annual #1. Those two are the first crossovers with Spidey. From what I've seen, to get a copy in any decent shape is going to cost $75 and up. :wow:So, I'm just hovering around the internet looking for a great deal.
page19_80000000st2L.jpg

Spidey rules

ASM176Cover.jpg

Just got this puppy off ebay for .99 plus 3.25 shipping. :D

Of course there is this: Seller Notes: “NO BACK COVER, FRONT COVER DETACHED AND TORN. CENTERFOLD DETACHED AT TOP STAPLE AND RUST AT STAPLES.”

Eh it is just gonna go in a bag and board and stay there anyway...

I only got it cause it was an Andru issue, was kinda curious as to what you keep gushing about, TMOB. :D

A friend of mine just sent me the Superior Spider-STAN #16 variant of SSM #16... :up:

A while back I bought TASM #267. Love it.

The+Amazing+Spider-Man+%23267.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"