The Official Stupid Question Thread: Marvel Edition - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fine with it. Betty as Red She-Hulk is the only thing that bugs me, since I view her as the least compelling of Bruce's love interests and changing her into a Hulk doesn't help with that at all. Personally, I'd be fine if it were just Bruce, Jen, and Ross as Hulks with the rest as normal supporting cast members. But if they're insisting on throwing Skaar, Lyra, Rick, et al. into the mix, I sort of wish they'd use Korg too. I like Korg yet I have no idea what he's up to these days.

I love Skaar and Red Hulk's growing on me post-Loeb. Lyra's alright in a supporting role. Red She-Hulk and A-Bomb I'm indifferent about. I like Korg a lot but he's not really a Hulk.

He's Warbound, though, which essentially makes him like the Hulk's brother.

I'd have totally read a series about Korg and Hiroim just cruising around as an odd couple, learning about Earth. But then Hiroim got killed off. They were my favorite gay rock alien couple. :csad:

well it looks like marvel is really trying to sell them. I just found out they are developing a new cartoon called Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. which will feature Hulk and

................... and S.M.A.S.H. stands for?

Super Monsters and Super Heroes?
Sequential Motivators alligned Hurters?

........................................................I got nothing.:doh:

Loeb will be heavily involved in it...so Disney's Marvel animated line-up will consist of the terrible Ultimate Spider-Man, Loeb's Hulk & Pals, and Loeb's killing of Avengers: EMH for his own Ultimate-ish Avengers.

I'm betting against S.M.A.S.H. and his replacement Avengers show, so pretty much I wont be watching Marvel cartoons anymore.

Loeb will be heavily involved in it...so Disney's Marvel animated line-up will consist of the terrible Ultimate Spider-Man, Loeb's Hulk & Pals, and Loeb's killing of Avengers: EMH for his own Ultimate-ish Avengers.

I'm betting against S.M.A.S.H. and his replacement Avengers show, so pretty much I wont be watching Marvel cartoons anymore.
I'll try all of them. I tried Ultimate Spider-Man for a good 3 episodes before writing it off because it was legitimately terrible.

I'm fine with it. Betty as Red She-Hulk is the only thing that bugs me, since I view her as the least compelling of Bruce's love interests and changing her into a Hulk doesn't help with that at all. Personally, I'd be fine if it were just Bruce, Jen, and Ross as Hulks with the rest as normal supporting cast members. But if they're insisting on throwing Skaar, Lyra, Rick, et al. into the mix, I sort of wish they'd use Korg too. I like Korg yet I have no idea what he's up to these days.

Korg is Ben Grimm's stunt double. :cwink:

I was pretty surprised that no one ever did some kind of crossover with Korg and Ben. Or at least had them fight.

I'm pretty sure they fought in WWH. That was when Korg kinda peaked as a character

I'll try all of them. I tried Ultimate Spider-Man for a good 3 episodes before writing it off because it was legitimately terrible.
That's been my plan too, which means I have 1 episode to go.

Whats up with Cap's series? Have they morphed it into a Marvel Team Up thing?

Yeah the first issue came out last week with him and Hawkeye. The next arc is Cap/Iron Man.

thanks. Thats so weird bc I see he now has a new solo series just titled Captain America. Why not launch the Team Up version a a new series and kept his solo as it was with its original numbering? I hate when comics do this

What are all the titles that Thor regular appears in? Im thinking of giving the character a try now that I love his movie version

Are any of the Marvel books I see featuring the Avengers movie lineup canon? I know there's movie specific tie ins, but Im seeing some stuff with them in their 616 comic costumes which makes me think it is the 616 characters and not their non-canon movie counterparts. These come to mind

tlQag.jpg

Avengers-Assemble-1.jpg

as opposed to this which is clearly the movieverse

Marvels_The-Avengers_The-Avengers-Initiative_1-674x1024.jpg

Last edited:
They wanted to attract new readers with a "Captain America #1" marking the return of Steve Rogers and coinciding with the movie release. Meanwhile Cap Vol.5 was retitled Cap and Bucky and then they turned it into a team-up book with "Cap and ...". It's annoying, I know, but it's the business now....

And think of Avengers Assemble as Astonishing X-Men. Continuity loose, rotating cast, and as I understand not much impact to the canon.

Last edited:
Anyone else feel like Hope from X-Men is so much like Black Alice from DC? Only Alice is a bit more aggressive. :oldrazz:

Anyone else feel like Hope from X-Men is so much like Black Alice from DC? Only Alice is a bit more aggressive. :oldrazz:

No, Hope was tolerable at one point. Black Alice is like every annoying stereotype of a whiny teenage girl thrown together with stolen magical powers, making her quite possibly the most annoying teenage comic book character I have ever read.

Well I'm also looking at powers. Hope takes powers from muties, Black Alice takes powers from magi. Both have some physical appearance shift when they do so though Alice is much more prominent in that like her entire outfit changes. Then the fact that both are expected for greatness in a few arcs. And I actually like Alice's attitude. There was only like 1 moment in Secret Six where I felt Simone might've done something out of left field with her...but Simone created her way back in BoP so she can do what she wants.

I've read little of Hope, and like her. I just have a hard time liking anything Phoenix-related. Not a diss to the original storyline, though.

Hope comes off as a little entitled and constantly angry ever since her dad died, but she was fun back in Cable's last comic when he was still raising her. I'd probably still like Hope if Cable was around.

Or is Cable around again? I remember hearing about a story where he fought the Avengers, but I don't know what happened there.

Hope comes off as a little entitled and constantly angry ever since her dad died, but she was fun back in Cable's last comic when he was still raising her. I'd probably still like Hope if Cable was around.

Or is Cable around again? I remember hearing about a story where he fought the Avengers, but I don't know what happened there.
Hope used her Phoenix powers to purge him of the TO virus. He is currently on Utopia in a coma. On the astral plane, Cable appeared to Scott and told him that Hope was the Phoenix and asked him to protect her at all cost. Unfortunately he hasnt appeared since but Im hoping he wakes up by the time AvX is over

Now I see the situation different than you. I dont view her as entitled and constantly angry. She is not written like that at all under Gillen in Uncanny. She is impulsive and a take charge type of person that goes along with her upbringing being raised by Cable. She’s a fighter. She also has a TON of pressure on her from everyone thinking she is this Messiah. How does one even begin to cope with that? I think she’s pretty brave and doing well for herself despite all the crap that’s been thrown at her since she was a baby.

Last edited:
Avengers Assemble is in continuity. "The Ultron Quest" is an in-continuity event planned for the Avengers after AvX, and that FCBD issue was just a sneak peek. I'm not sure why the movie roster is on the cover. Probably just a shameless attempt to cash in on the movie.

I think Cable died again at the end of X-Sanction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"