The Official Stupid Question Thread: Marvel Edition - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. And Sif would tease him. That is why Loki doesn't like Sif...doesn't stop him from taking over her body though...:/
There have been some hints that Loki harbors some kind of lust for Sif. Whether it's because she's hot or because she's his brother's girl, I don't know. Loki's kind of an effed-up kid. But that probably contributed to his stealing Sif's body recently. It hurts Thor, it allows him a new visual identity to help sell his supposed new turn to honesty, and it probably let him do all kinds of nasty things to the body late at night when no one was watching. ;)

Should Marvel's Dark Avengers just have become the Thunderbolts? When Osborn was defeated the first time should he (in the Cap/Iron Man armor) and the rest of the Dark Avengers just escaped to become Thunderbolts? And become like the Anti-Avengers team out there?
Given that the Thunderbolts ended up under the command of Steve Rogers as a work-release prison program, I doubt that would've been a possibility. Why would Steve allow Norman onto the T-bolts, let alone give him command of them? And if Norman tried to take control, why wouldn't Steve just take the Avengers and shut him down?

Anybody knows which Ultimate Marvel Team-Up issues are canon? I know that Issue 9 isn't because of the FF making an appearance, but what about Issues 4-5, the ones featuring Iron Man? I heard that the events of SHIELD trying to steal Tony's armor were referenced in Ultimates 2, but the begining of the comic seems to contradict the Ultimate Marvel Universe by having Reed Richards as an ex-college of Tony.

Anybody knows if it is canon or not?

Some of them are, Issues 1, 2-3, 10 and others were referenced many times, even with flashbacks to prove it.

Well then I guess you answered your own question then, haven't you? You're welcome. :o

My question is if the issue featuring Iron Man and Spider-man crossover are canon, i still don't know that one

Didn't you just say that they reference the events of what went down in that comic? About Shield trying to steal IM's armors?

Again, you're welcome. I should start charging you for this help. :o

I think it's funny how the creators always talked about how having a new Universe to play in allowed them tighter continuity because of the shorter history.

But Ultimate continuity is even more ****ed up than 616.

Were there many line-wide crossovers in the Ultimate universe? I'm reading Ultimate X-Men and I'd like to know if theyve been part of major events like Ultimatum.

There've been several.

Ultimate War was an Ultimates/UXM crossover. Ultimate Nightmare (which I think was Galactus, but I didn't read it). The continuity-****ing Ultimate Origins. Ultimate Six was a Spiderman/Ultimate crossover. Then all of Ultimate Marvel Team-Up. And of course, Ultimatum.

edit: most of these weren't line-wide crossovers, but minis.

Don't forget Ultimate Doomsday, which involved Spider-Man, the FF, and SHIELD.

I think it's funny how the creators always talked about how having a new Universe to play in allowed them tighter continuity because of the shorter history.

But Ultimate continuity is even more ****ed up than 616.
That's because it courts creators with the biggest egos. Mark Millar doesn't give a f*** about what you did with the Ultimates, b****. He's there to tell his story, collect his paycheck, and hope for a movie deal.

Eh, it was really Loeb, and all of universe-wide crossovers that ****ed it all up to begin with. If you went from Ultimates 2 to Hickman's Ultimates, the continuity would be quite fluid.

But then you'd realize you're still reading Ultimate stuff and begin to sob uncontrollably. :csad:

But then you'd realize you're still reading Ultimate stuff and begin to sob uncontrollably. :csad:

Other than the one arc Loeb did, Ultimates has been solid at worst.

Edit: Nevermind you're talking about the line as a whole. I still say the majority of the line has been good. Before Ultimatum, there was a point where I preferred the new line to 616.

Last edited:
Except for the fact that Hickman's Ultimates is awesome. :o

Man I love BKV's Ultimate X-men stint. That was one of my favorite comic runs ever.

It was that good? It seemed like that title went from Warren Ellis average-ness to Robert Kirkman awfulness. :o

It was that good? It seemed like that title went from Warren Ellis average-ness to Robert Kirkman awfulness. :o
I thought it was. Kirkman taking over was such a dramatic decrease in quality. BKV's Ultimate Xmen work is one of the reasons why he'd be a dream writer on a 616 Xmen title and I wish that had happened by now

I know I'm in the minority, but aside from the last issue and giant cop-out, I enjoyed Kirkman's run on UXM.

I'm a big BKV fan, but both UXM and UFF seemed to have too many damn creative teams to really maintain the consistent quality that made USM and The Ultimates appealing.

There have been some hints that Loki harbors some kind of lust for Sif. Whether it's because she's hot or because she's his brother's girl, I don't know. Loki's kind of an effed-up kid. But that probably contributed to his stealing Sif's body recently. It hurts Thor, it allows him a new visual identity to help sell his supposed new turn to honesty, and it probably let him do all kinds of nasty things to the body late at night when no one was watching. ;)
haha lol EEWWW...But seeing 'Blood Brothers,' I thought that Loki had a man-crush on Balder.

Possible. Loki's sexuality is... let's say "fluid." I looked at it more as a desire for validation. I mean, if the one upbeat, sunny guy in Asgard who seemingly loves everything doesn't love you, that's gotta take a toll on your sense of self-worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"