The Official Suicide Squad Rotten Tomatoes Thread - Part 1

Wow, people on these boards are now not seeing the movie because of critics? And are also worried the DCEU may stop? It's definitely gonna stop if you don't turn up for the ****ing movies.

Literally everywhere I follow have all enjoyed the movie.
Chris Stuckmann, Jeremy Jahns, John Campea, John Schnepp, Empire, parts of the Collider crew all gave it good to great reviews. That's whose word I'm taking on this.

It's incredibly hard to believe I have the same mindset as a critic who watches these movies because he HAS to.

Still seeing it in theaters but my enthusiasm has definitely been dampened. It helps that tickets are much cheaper where I'm at, ha.

But I don't want to end up agreeing with the negative critics. I was looking forward to the new Tarzan, saw it despite the overwhelmingly negative reviews, and was underwhelmed.

Guh, I can't believe people are actually bending their plans to skip this movie now, when they've been excited for it for months. If I personally am excited for something based on the ideas, designs, characters, ...anything, I'm GOING to see it, so I can make up my own mind. It is worth any amount of money to have your own personal opinion on something you have invested interest in. 10, 20, 30, 40 bucks. If it's a film I've been looking forward to there's nothing that would stop me from seeing it myself the best way I possibly can, so I can have the correct judgement.

I had learned my lesson years ago with a few films that I ended up loving when I watched them at home. I really missed out on a theater experience that I would have cherished. I would have never seen Man of Steel in IMAX if I let reviews sway me, and that was an amazing experience that was worth spending money on. I would have never seen Amazing Spider-Man 2 in IMAX 3D if I had trusted the RT score. I thought it was, and still is the best 3D experience in a theater I've ever had. I felt like Spider-Man in the opening, and I was fully invested emotionally during the ending. May have even cried a bit! It was an unforgettable experience FOR ME, despite what other people thought of the film.

I would have never seen X-Men Apocalypse if I had trusted the reviews. It turned out to be my favorite X-Men film. It was also an emotional experience being a die-hard X-Men fan, finally seeing the team, Cyclops and Jean done justice. Well worth the amount of money I spent to see it twice.

Now I understand if you have casual interest, apart of the general audience, I've spent money on films I've disliked because I was just casually interested, so I understand that. but you're apart of Super Hero Hype. You have a more than casual interest right? I'm just assuming so. Maybe one doesn't dig the characters, actors, designs, trailers, posters, whatever... then I totally see skipping out on it. That would be a no brainer as it will just not be a movie for you. I just don't see how one could be super excited for something based on all of these aspects, and then deflate ALL of that personal excitement based on other peoples personal feelings. Just modify your expectations! You may wind up LOVING it, as many already have.

You wouldn't want to miss out on a film that could potentially be your favorite film of all time, I say. I let that happen before and I never want to miss that opportunity again. At least until I have an IMAX sized screen in my home basement, which will likely NEVER happen lol.

Extremely well said.Completely echoes my thoughts.

Wow, people on these boards are now not seeing the movie because of critics? And are also worried the DCEU may stop? It's definitely gonna stop if you don't turn up for the ****ing movies.

Literally everywhere I follow have all enjoyed the movie.
Chris Stuckmann, Jeremy Jahns, John Campea, John Schnepp, Empire, parts of the Collider crew all gave it good to great reviews. That's whose word I'm taking on this.

It's incredibly hard to believe I have the same mindset as a critic who watches these movies because he HAS to.

Sometimes you've just got to do what feels right for you.

Like... even if you end up hating the film, regretting spending the money... at least you have your own opinion to contribute to discussions. I will never (this likely goes for everyone) take your view seriously until you've seen the actual film. Otherwise your just riding on the backs of other people. Don't bother posting here opening weekend if your not going to see the film. No reason to stir a pot in either positive or negative direction.

If you see it, hate it, feel free to unleash! Some of us will relate and spark good discussion. That's the best part of these releases here at SHH other than the actual hype. And if you're hyped... go see it!

This I entirely agree with. You can't form a proper opinion unless you've seen the movie. I'm afraid SS will be another BvS, but I will happily give the time and money to see if that's true.

A good part of criticism is subjective. While opinions on for example editing problems are of more technical nature, more objective and I'm sure I will agree with the critics because that was my big grape about BvS TC, things like character development, characterization, presentation, acting, fun and entertainment are far more subjective. Often times I like a portrayal others find average while the one they all praise I'm indifferent to.

So, any chance of the RT score going up? Still plenty of reviews to come up.

I can only speak for myself but for me paying to see another divisive movie from a studio that doesn't seem to know how to make these movies does nothing more than encourage them to continue doing what they are doing. I frankly don't want to invest money into something I feel is doing more harm than good.

My wife and I will end up seeing it during matinee times as we do most movies. RT scores are important to me and do have some effect on whether or not I will see a non comic movie in theater vs on-demand/redbox/etc. I do find myself seeing most comic movies in theater, regardless of the RT rating.

I know a lot of critics review movies as "did we need this movie ?" sort of mentality and thats a vast difference to me who is extremely looking forward to it.So ofcourse there is going to be a gap in the perceived quality of the film.

I can only speak for myself but for me paying to see another divisive movie from a studio that doesn't seem to know how to make these movies does nothing more than encourage them to continue doing what they are doing. I frankly don't want to invest money into something I feel is doing more harm than good.

Which is also a valid standpoint.

Ultimately we don't count for **** anyway, it'll be whether the GA embraces the film or not that'll determine its success. Didn't happen with BvS though, so...

If you're not going to see it are you going to continue to come here because that would be a waste of time and energy?

Last edited:
If you're not going to see it are you going to continue to come here because that would be a waste of time energy?

Because I like these characters. As much as I don't like this situation I still want what I think is best for them.

Because I like these characters.

Not enough to go watch a movie about them that you may end up loving....but enough to ***** and moan about it on the internet with strangers that achieves nothing but foster more negativity.

I will never understand this mentality.

If you don't see the movie, you can't complain about it.

Not enough to go watch a movie about them that you may end up loving....but enough to ***** and moan about it on the internet with strangers that achieves nothing but foster more negativity.

I will never understand this mentality.

It's not nothing to do with the characters, it's got everything to do with the company running it. To blindly support anything and everything a company produces is in my eyes foolish, it ultimately means you let those in charge get away with anything.

So you're going to give an opinion on a movie you haven't seen. That'll be interesting.

:woot:

It's not nothing to do with the characters, it's got everything to do with the company running it. To blindly support anything and everything a company produces is in my eyes foolish, it ultimately means you let those in charge get away with anything.

I am advocating going to the movies and forming opinions over moaning about something without even seeing it.Not blind support.

If you watch this movie and hate it,and think DCEU sucks and shouldnt be supported further,great.Stop supporting it and following it then.

But if you dont watch the movie,still complain about it,and keep doing it without even watching it,it makes no sense to me.If it took you 2 movies to judge the DCEU is doomed,then I wonder why you are still here,because the characters arent keeping you here,if they were you would go see the movie.

Well lets just agree to disagree.

It's not blind support if you actually like the movies so far.

So you're going to give an opinion on a movie you haven't seen. That'll be interesting.

I personally did go watch BvS in cinema after reviews. Critics were sadly right. It wasnt bad or terrible movie (to deserve to be 27% at RT), but those reviews did hit exactly why movie wasnt good either. I have personally no plans to go watch Suicide Squad after those reviews. I likely dont have plans to go watch another DCU movie until it's critically approved. I learned that from MOS and BvS experience. I would be personally a fool if I made same mistake again. Tickets arent that cheap.

Hey man, this is a discussion board, everyone is entitled to voice their opinion on a movie they haven't seen. Because opinions. And discussion. And opinion. And tomatoes. :o

I am advocating going to the movies and forming opinions over moaning about something without even seeing it.Not blind support.

If you watch this movie and hate it,and think DCEU sucks and shouldnt be supported further,great.Stop supporting it and following it then.

But if you dont watch the movie,still complain about it,and keep doing it without even watching it,it makes no sense to me.If it took you 2 movies to judge the DCEU is doomed,then I wonder why you are still here,because the characters arent keeping you here,if they were you would go see the movie.

Well lets just agree to disagree.

I actually was really looking forward to this movie, I even steered clear of this particular forum because I didn't want to risk knowing too much. It's not about my opinion, at this point in time I really don't give a flying fig about Suicide Squad and whether I might like it or not. Right now it's getting trashed critically, the third DCEU film to be trashed critically. That says to me there are issues with quality control at WB and that they are not fixing things, and I don't know if I want to give money over to a company that isn't improving.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"