The Official Superman Fan Art & Manips Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I found this picture of a bunch of Superman Shields.
scomparisons.jpg

Since the classic \S/ has never been used in a movie before, I think the costume in the new movie should use it. It's perfect.

It could work. Classic is always good.

When you say you haven't read the comics you mean you don't read comics or just not Kingdom Come?

Last edited:
i haven't read the KingdomCome comic. But i say the logo.............. and...... no, not for the movie

It's fantastic and well worth the read. Waid and Ross' best work respectively.

All of the regular \S/ look weird because they always draw the top left bump to high. it needs to come down alittle bit. Smallville sort of fixed it, but then made the part up there too thick and took away the whitespace up there...

I'm partial to SV even though classic would be good.

To get my point across more, here is how I've always have drawn it. This is a very quick photoshop because I don't have a scanner to scan in my drawing...

mysjp.jpg

Basically I take the swoopyness of Returns but with an angled mid section like the Kingdom Come logo but still very strong and square like the original...

I do draw the top and bottom parts more beefier like the midsection, just didn't want to mess around too much right now on it in PS.

Why did the Reeve \S/ get so weird in the midsection, almost like a snake or something haha

Last edited:
Best \S/ is Kingdom Come...

Disagree. The Kingdom Come :super: seems to evoke fascism to me.

To get my point across more, here is how I've always have drawn it. This is a very quick photoshop because I don't have a scanner to scan in my drawing...

mysjp.jpg

Basically I take the swoopyness of Returns but with an angled mid section like the Kingdom Come logo but still very strong and square like the original...

I do draw the top and bottom parts more beefier like the midsection, just didn't want to mess around too much right now on it in PS.

Why did the Reeve \S/ get so weird in the midsection, almost like a snake or something haha

I like this :super:.

Best S is the classic. Any other version looks like was designed by people who cant draw.

Classic \S/ is waaaaay too dated for a modern film. The Superman Returns \S/ is one of the few things the movie actually got right. It's very clean and sharp looking, while still looking close to the classic S to please almost everyone.

That said, my favorite rendition of the S I've ever seen was posted here a little while ago, and I'm looking to steal it for all future manips/images I make (with credit given of course):
5725315849_e056542516_o.jpg

^It has the sleek modern look of the Kingdom Come shield...whilst also not having the problem of looking like it's telling you not to do something, if you know what I mean.
The only weakness it has is that from a far enough distance it isn't quite as discernible as the other designs (check my avatar for an example).
Still....can't win em all.

Classic \S/ is waaaaay too dated for a modern film. The Superman Returns \S/ is one of the few things the movie actually got right. It's very clean and sharp looking, while still looking close to the classic S to please almost everyone.

That said, my favorite rendition of the S I've ever seen was posted here a little while ago, and I'm looking to steal it for all future manips/images I make (with credit given of course):
5725315849_e056542516_o.jpg

^It has the sleek modern look of the Kingdom Come shield...whilst also not having the problem of looking like it's telling you not to do something, if you know what I mean.
The only weakness it has is that from a far enough distance it isn't quite as discernible as the other designs (check my avatar for an example).
Still....can't win em all.
Agreed on all points. I've always thought this \S/ was a fantastic redesign. If they go with a more "classic" look, I hope they do something almost identical to the SR version. All the other "classic" looks are much too cartoonish.

Do we know who originally made this redesign?

Boy, there is going to be a lot of upset people around here when the suit is revealed. It's either going to be Classic, Classic with a modern twist, or a new design. It's going to be rather comical when it happens.

Please explain why the classic \S/ is "waaaay too dated?"
It's too Cartoony. The Superman Returns motif stayed pretty close to the original, but made it just a little bit sharper. I would've pushed it further, in case that wasn't clear, but it's a good compromise for a modern film.

The Red Hood said:
And I'm sorry, but that design you posted is, well...crap.
Nope, it's freaking awesome. Blows the so called classic S right out of the water.

Boy, there is going to be a lot of upset people around here when the suit is revealed. It's either going to be Classic, Classic with a modern twist, or a new design. It's going to be rather comical when it happens.

You said it. Whatever the suit winds up being....at least somebody is going to be dissapointed at this point....no chance at an Ironman style reaction at this point....

The classic emblem would be great to use, especially if it hasnt been used for live action before. Unfortunately, it does have an outdated look to it like some of you point out. It's just too soft-shaped and the S is too obvious. They should probably go the SR-way and sharpen it up slightly tweaking it. I'd prefer a more futuristic and lean look and again a less obvious S.

Here's the original of the version sepharih used above. It's updated, it looks alien, but familiar. It's not cheesy modern. It's perfect, in my opinion (other than the colors).

5716482450_17525e4727_z.jpg

I expect something like the above, although I'm not a fan of it anymore.

:(

Sorry, changed my mind...

Last edited:
There's the OFFICIAL \S/ looking good in action...

The second Superboy \S/ is the most faithful to the marketing shield, weirdly enough, it also looks the best in any live incarnation so far...

Stop trying to stylize it, just make it work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"