The Official Superman Fan Art & Manips Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
By all means! Thanks for checking, but that's not necessary. It's a fan forum, and we're all excited to see what you come up with.
true, but you're the original artist of the manip... one thing i've learned over the years of being here is that some artists get a little ornery of people messing with their art...

but since you gave me the "okay", i'll go ahead and share it :)
tried to get the same colors you put in the second manip... and this is also my first attempt in using the "liquify" tool in photoshop, so this may be a bit amateurish:
newmostrunks.jpg

Now I Understand Why they took out the Trunks.......Horrible and dosen´t make sense for me know, the suit is beautiful dosen´t need that thing, and i´m happy that most fans like the suit, and only a minority walk with heartburn!

No offense of course :)

its the best i can do for now... maybe someone else can do better

i prefer this one a little bit more, not because it's not traditional, but because those specific design of trunks were not designed to fit Cavill's body, and this design IMHO keeps the suit "streamlined" with making the upper body look bigger with the V-shape, and smaller with the v-shape around the mid -section. also the thicker "belt" makes it more visually appealing, and the red around the waist evens out the proportion of blue to red on the front of the suit :)
mosstreamline.jpg

thosemortalmen said:
can you explain a bit with "natural part" thing??? i guess hair can be comb in anyway not to mention with a particular foam or gel or wax, you basically can made anything out of your hair.

As it suggests, you hair tends to go in a particular direction, especially if you've been styling it that way for years.

I can only speak from experience as I believe my hair is similar to Cavill's in terms of volume, waviness, and hairline. If I part my hair right to left (naturally), my bangs go up in a nice "wave" like a traditional man's haircut should. If I go left to right, my bangs curl down flat on my forehead, much like a little boy.

I'm not saying it's impossible to get it to go the other way -- I've managed it for Halloween once -- it's just difficult and may take a lot of product and time. Also, I think it would be much harder for curly hair, like Cavill's, to go against the grain than straight hair since the hair bends in a particular direction.

A Google search will show many forums on people want to know how to fight against it. And pictures of Cavill will show is hair mostly, if not always, going from right to left.

Last edited:
man_of_steel_superman_by_alejit0-d54wm8v.jpg

Hi everyone, this my new 3d version from man of steel, is a working progress coming soon the hair and skin textures.

Well the old version too

Superman_toon_by_alejit0.jpg

Hi everyone, this my new 3d version from man of steel, is a working progress coming soon the hair and skin textures.

Well the old version too

that thing is absolutely amazing! nice work man, really stunning. :yay:

Looks good like this. Would like to see the red less muted like the real outfit and also Cavill's face. :up:

Last edited:
holy crap, are you like a pixar animator or something??

Well the old version too

:awesome: X 10.

Amazing work, i am really impressed. :up:

Both look good, though I like MOS more.

I love that. Heck, I'd love to see a Justice League movie in that style, made by Pixar.

Y'know....going with black on the cuffs and waist/piping accents look better than just a darker shade of blue. It secures it more as a design element...and with the clearer black it's actually a bit reminiscent of the Fleischer suit, which I like.

true, but you're the original artist of the manip... one thing i've learned over the years of being here is that some artists get a little ornery of people messing with their art...

but since you gave me the "okay", i'll go ahead and share it :)
tried to get the same colors you put in the second manip... and this is also my first attempt in using the "liquify" tool in photoshop, so this may be a bit amateurish:
newmostrunks.jpg

Amazing what a difference and improvement the trunks make to the MOS suit!

Good job!

Well the old version too

I hate the MOS suit, but still great job with your artwork and putting that into a Pixar-like animation.

You are very gifted :up:

Well the old version too

Perfect!!!The MOS suit IS BEAUTIFUL ANYWAY,Fantastic Work!!!

Well the old version too
Pretty amazing man. :up:
Have you done any other characters from other comic properties? I'd love to see them if you have.
Amazing what a difference and improvement the trunks make to the MOS suit!

Good job!
Okay manip, but the trunks look stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"