Products The Official Superman Returns Toyline-Collectibles Thread

SolidSnakeMGS said:
Finally, my Wal-Mart got in some SR toys. However, I found an awesome classic Superman figure that I bought. I love it! Dunno if anyone has seen it...

superman.jpg

Now that you have that Superman, youll definetly want to grab Bizarro....

Wow.....so Mattel is capable of this:

superman.jpg

and when it comes to a brand spankin' new Blockbuster Superman Returns flick, we are subjected to....this:

main.php

:mad: :down

*Notice that completely USELESS cardboard cut out standee thingy of Lex Luthor....geezus christ help us all....

4NutzinYoface said:

superman.jpg

and when it comes to a brand spankin' new Blockbuster Superman Returns flick, we are subjected to....this:

main.php

:mad: :down

*Notice that completely USELESS cardboard cut out standee thingy of Lex Luthor....geezus christ help us all....

Same company, different sculpters on different kind of toys. ;)

Nightwing1977 said:
Same company, different sculpters on different kind of toys. ;)

Oh man oh man, I think the sculptors should have been puched in their respected private parts and then fired (....actually lit on fire, not just let go of their jobs) and the sculptors who can ACTUALLY sculpt should have been put to work on the 'Superman Returns' movie toys....:supes:

The 4 horsemen should have sclupted the returns figures. But not all is lost, I mean if you want a good Superman figure from Mattle, then go by the DCSH figure.

Looks kind of like Mediacom

Does he have a Supes costume underneath that? :supes:

4NutzinYoface said:
Oh man oh man, I think the sculptors should have been puched in their respected private parts and then fired (....actually lit on fire, not just let go of their jobs) and the sculptors who can ACTUALLY sculpt should have been put to work on the 'Superman Returns' movie toys....:supes:

Hey, I agree with you on that. :up: But seeing as SR was more geared towards kids than DCSH, that probably the Returns toys aren't that great. Kids don't tend to care about toys sculpt on like Returns. DCSH are more like made for the collectors same with Marvel Legends.

Hey, I agree with you on that. But seeing as SR was more geared towards kids than DCSH, that probably the Returns toys aren't that great. Kids don't tend to care about toys sculpt on like Returns. DCSH are more like made for the collectors same with Marvel Legends.

That shouldn't matter one bit. Kids know what looks like crap and what doesn't. That's why the BB line wasn't a smash hit. Also it's stupid to market to JUST kids. Collectors want some too. They'd make a lot more money if they catered to the needs of both, like with Star Wars. That or they should've made two seperate lines, one for kids and one for collectors like they're doing with Dead Man's Chest.

4NutzinYoface said:
Can someone please confirm what friggin' villains are going to be in this line of Mattel toys?

I know there are 2 versions of Lex, but what about the henchman figure with gattling gun? Does he have a name?

Also in the Diamond Select listing for the figures it says that there are 3...yes that's right count 'em 3 villains BUT it says 3 villains including Lex...so does this mean potentially there are 2 other villains?

I hope so, I wouldn't mind a better character selection other than friggin' Superman for pete's sake! I know they'd never do it, but a Lois Lane and a regular Clark Kent figure would be cool. :supes:

As far as we know, the only villains are the 2 Luthors and the henchmen guy, we could get a 10 inch roto cast Luthor, but I wouldnt hold my breath.

And when did Diamond Select decide to make figuers?

Thanks Nightwing and Yodaman :)

Yeah...it is a shame that there weren't two lines of figures like the Pirates of the Caribbean toys....I can safely say that the Zizzle attempt on the toy line was a valiant one BECAUSE I will always know that I can at least get my hands on some really super cool detailed authentic 7-inch movie figures from NECA.....

Not sure what DCSH is? DC Superheros?> or...?

Either way the ONLY 7-inch style movie figure from Superman Returns that is even WORTH getting, let alone worth looking at is the Ultra Heat Vision one....buuuut he is just going to be released with two other Superman figures and there are no other characters in the 'Ultra' line sadly :(

There are other decent figures from Superman Returns made by Mattel or DC Direct BUT, and here's the huge 'but' ..they are like 10 friggin' inches and up :mad:

Christ on a cracker do I hate what they did with Superman Returns.

And yeah, anyone who starts with the BS about 'ohhhh relax, toys are for kids' I outta put my foot in their eye!

YES toys are for kids, but there are people, including kids who know the difference between what is cool and what is crap. That's like producing a line of poorly constructed diapers for old senior citizens who crap their pants and saying 'Oh well....'....no way man, screw that noise!

If we are paying money, kids, parents collectors, people like myself who collect toys AND play with them then companies like Mattel should get their heads out of their bungholes and step it up a notch and release something worthwhile...not something I wouldn't even use to wipe my dogs ash with

.......heh.....a little bitter....can you tell? :O :supes:

Kane said:
Whoa WHoa who made that?

It's a Medicom Japan exclusive. It doesn't have the costume underneath. It's just Clark.

Not sure what DCSH is? DC Superheros?> or...?

You're correct.

Does anyone have any detailed pictures of the Ultra Superman Returns Heat Vision figure? I can only find thumbnail images.

I'm still looking for the 30 inch Superman. I need him to go along with the batman one.

4NutzinYoface said:

superman.jpg

I picked up Superman, Doomsday, and Bizzaro of this set, I still need to get the Supergirl. These figures are very nice, and I wish DC would start doing all their figures this way.

Metropolis_Man said:
I picked up Superman, Doomsday, and Bizzaro of this set, I still need to get the Supergirl. These figures are very nice, and I wish DC would start doing all their figures this way.

Guess what :) you don't have to wish. The next series has Dark Sied and Luthor :up:

Yodaman said:
You're correct.

Does anyone have any detailed pictures of the Ultra Superman Returns Heat Vision figure? I can only find thumbnail images.

ebay :up: they aren't the best pictures, but they show you something.

I want to see the Battel Damaged Superman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"