Products The Official Superman Returns Toyline-Collectibles Thread

The Punisher said:

Yes, a Lois Lane figure has been confirmed

or

Yes, I am denying that comment made in Wizard magazine

WHICH IS IT???

By the way, those mattel figures don't look so great, especially the CLARK TO SUPERMAN figure. Luthor looks ok....

I wish they'd sculpt Superman like he really is (a guy wearing a tight suit) rather than adding all that definition and making him look like a painted naked guy.

I know people actually wanted the suit to look like that but it looks silly. Anyway, high-end statues like this should replicate the way he looks in the movie as much as possible, rather than embellishing them with invented detail. I want a miniature replica of Brandon Routh as Superman, not someone's idealized version.

Superman4ever said:
Idiotic post of the month...

Spence = SSMGS

Logged on the wrong account there buddy? :o

BOT: I'm going to be SO broke this year! :up: :)

Haha. :up:

BoBByJoMo said:
Yes, a Lois Lane figure has been confirmed

or

Yes, I am denying that comment made in Wizard magazine

WHICH IS IT???

By the way, those mattel figures don't look so great, especially the CLARK TO SUPERMAN figure. Luthor looks ok....

Yes as in she'll have a figure and a doll.

Some of the statues look cool. But the action figures...yuch.

Are there any pictures of X3 figures/statues/anything worth posting?

This isn't the X3 forum, this is the Superman forum... If you want to see X3 stuff, go to the X-Men forum.

DC DIRECT PARTNERS WITH WETA WORKSHOP FOR ‘SUPERMAN RETURNS’ COLLECTIBLES
Press Release

New York, NY –- February 9, 2006 – DC Direct, the toy and collectibles division of DC Comics, announced today a partnership with noted collectibles manufacturer Weta Limited a division of Weta Workshop to distribute highly detailed statues inspired by moments from the upcoming Warner Bros. Pictures’ feature film “Superman Returns.” All items will be available for viewing at the 2006 American International Toy Fair.

The line, of high-end collectibles, art directed for Weta by Superman Returns director Bryan Singer, will make its debut at the 2006 American International Toy Fair, will feature limited edition, high-end polystone statues bringing moments inspired by the upcoming film to life for collectors. The partnership ensures that fans will be treated to high-end statues of the utmost quality and reflecting both Weta’s sterling track record for ultra-detailed theatrical collectibles and DC Direct’s powerful reputation for creating authentic collectibles direct from the source.

“While it has been exciting working on the movie, it has also been a most rewarding and enjoyable experience working with Weta to create a range of high-end collectibles,” “Superman Returns” director Bryan Singer notes. “Special moments from the film have now been memorialized by their craftsmanship, serving as tributes to the work and the fans alike.”

The distribution arrangement between Weta and DC Direct was designed to maximize each partner’s ability to reach target enthusiasts for collectibles based on the highly anticipated upcoming feature film. DC Direct will supply product to the US Specialty market and comic book retailers where DC has been the #1 provider of toys and collectibles for the past six years, and Weta will distribute in Australia and New Zealand, while also serving collectors via the internet worldwide.

“It was an opportunity I could not turn down when Weta was approached by Bryan,” enthused Richard Taylor, Director, Weta Limited. “ To be able to provide an exclusive range of Collectibles, art directed by Bryan Singer, based on an icon, Superman, what more could an avid collector like myself ask for?”

“DC Direct is thrilled to be working with Weta to bring these statues to collectors around the globe.,” explained Cheryl Rubin, Senior VP – Brand Management. “Weta’s sculptors and design sensibilities, in partnership with Bryan’s creative direction have produced amazing statues that are truly unique and must-haves for Superman collectors.”

Weta Limited, licensed from Warner Bros. Consumer Products on behalf of DC Comics, will produce four statues based on the film and has worldwide online rights and complete distribution in Australia and New Zealand. DC Direct will market and distribute the products to comics and specialty stores worldwide.

DC Direct will offer exclusive viewings of the line from Saturday February 11, 2006 through Wednesday February 15, 2006. Appointments are available on those dates from 9:00 am – 6:00 PM (with the exception of February 15, when appointments will be held from 9:00 AM-12:00 PM.) The viewings will be held at the Toy Fair Showroom is 1115 Broadway STE 402.

ABOUT THE DC DIRECT/WETA LINE OF HIGH-END SUPERMAN RETURNS MOVIE COLLECTIBLES:

All products created by Weta and Bryan Singer, distributed by DC Direct

THE RETURNING SON

Made of polystone.

Dimensions:
Height – 20 inches
Width:-- 20 inches
Depth – 13 inches

THE DAILY PLANET

Figures made of polystone, base in metal

Dimensions:
Height – 25 inches
Width:-- 12 inches
Depth – 8 inches

FALLEN HERO

Made of polystone

Dimensions:
Height – 22 inches
Width:-- 19 inches
Depth – 16 inches

DISASTER AVERTED

Made of polystone.

Dimensions:
Height – 26 inches
Width – 14 inches
Depth – 14 inches

ABOUT DC DIRECT:
DC Direct, DC Comics' toy and collectibles brand, manufactures and markets over 100 exclusive toy and collectible products each year targeted to pop culture enthusiasts. The toys and collectibles are highly regarded and sought after for their authenticity, quality and collector appeal. Action figures and statues form the core of the line and feature a wide array of the world's most famous super heroes including Batman, Superman and the Justice League as well as popular characters from Cartoon Network Originals.

ABOUT WETA COLLECTIBLES
Weta Limited is the merchandise division of Weta Workshop and through the brand Weta Collectibles brings together the same designers and sculptors who created the wonderful worlds you see on the big screen. This collection of talented people has now sculpted over 250 pieces of merchandise for the public to collect and enjoy. Weta Collectibles was created to launch our extensive range of high-end polystone collectibles for the Lord of the Rings. It has since gone on to produce a limited run of Muppets bust, King Kong & Narnia statues and a selection of individual pieces for a range of collections. Weta Collectibles is celebrated by collectors around the world and is now seen as the leading sculptor of high-end polystone figures, busts, environments and other assorted collectibles. Weta’s Web site is located at www.wetaNZ.co.nz <http://www.wetaNZ.co.nz/> .

ABOUT SUPERMAN RETURNS
Following a mysterious absence of several years, the Man of Steel comes back to Earth in the epic action-adventure Superman Returns, a soaring new chapter in the saga of one of the world’s most beloved superheroes. While an old enemy plots to render him powerless once and for all, Superman (Brandon Routh) faces the heartbreaking realization that the woman he loves, Lois Lane (Kate Bosworth), has moved on with her life. Or has she? Superman’s bittersweet return challenges him to bridge the distance between them while finding a place in a society that has learned to survive without him. In an attempt to protect the world he loves from cataclysmic destruction, Superman embarks on an epic journey of redemption that takes him from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of outer space. SUPERMAN RETURNS opens domestically in theaters on June 30.

ABOUT WARNER BROS. CONSUMER PRODUCTS:
Warner Bros. Consumer Products, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.

toy0009eu.jpg

toy0015ic.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

3.jpg

O yes.

yeah, these are all awesome... but the color is all wrong...

weird

lois has a pretty weird face expression for a girl who is being thrown into the air off the top of a skyscraper

Awesome! I wanted that fully articulated one ML style....any idea of the size of that?

Are these from Wondercon? Thanks.

kakarot069 said:
yeah, these are all awesome... but the color is all wrong...

weird

Yeah. I find it amusing & weird that the blue tone on the figures, statues, etc. is lighter blue compare to the more darker blue in the film. Guess some painters are color-blind. :p

The Punisher said:

^^Nice , I'm looking forward to this scene in the movie .

114if.jpg

126da.jpg

Out of all The pics I've seen, these two are my favorite & in my opinion THE BEST.:supes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"