The Official Superman Returns Toyline-Collectibles Thread

Discussion in 'Products' started by dbrm, Feb 7, 2006.

1. BrollySupersj Howard, Fine, and Howard

WOW WOW, guys calm down

OH I bought the 3 new figures from the second series.

2. Whack Arnolds Registered

PICTURES PLEASE!!! where did you find, and what store?

3. 4NutzinYoface Registered

Kid? Son? Catching feelings? If anyone is 'catching feelings' its you numb nuts. Take your 'witty' unfunny remarks and stuff 'em pal. Accurate judge of my character? What the hell do I care what you think? If you want to base your opinion on a few of my posts then I'd have a field day with you.

First off, I never said that the Superman Returns figures HAD to be NECA/McFarlane quality...I said that over the years toys have evolved into really cool things that you would never have ever dreamed of seeing all those years ago. Did I get joy out of my Superman toy when I was 6 yes I did, would I still get joy out of that same figure if he was on the shelve at the local toy store and right next to him hung a figure that was 100 times better? Probably not. If Star Wars A New Hope from '77 came out the same summer as Revenge of the Sith which do you think people would flock to? What movie would a young kid want to see? The movie that looks like a cheap piece of garbage or the movie that actually LOOKS cool, slick and ejoyable. McFarlane makes statues yes, but they make action figures as well dummy. Mattel has made cool figures that kids enjoy and are durable i.e.Chamber of Secrets Dueling Club figures, Prisoner of Azkaban. They weren't THE best figures ever made, but they were both kid AND collector friendly. You don't know jack about toys Mr. Know-it-all so keep your mouth shut about things you don't have a clue about.

Comparing apples and oranges? Not so much....the Superman Returns movie had millions pumped into it? Well guess what? There are millions pumped into the merchandise of a film too....hell in some cases the toys make more money than the damn movie it's based on!

If you can take your head out of your ass for a second and look at this review:
    http://mwctoys.com/REVIEW_040306a.htm

This taken from said review:
    'Some people are going to say "but these are for kids so that's okay". No. Kids shouldn't be treated as though they are a) blind and b) stupid. They know when something looks like a squirrel's butt, and while they might still buy it - even they fall prey to temptation when there is nothing else offered - that doesn't mean it's okay to go this cheap. With just a little effort this line could have been miles better, but unfortunately, Mattel appears to think that kids aren't worth the effort. Too bad that when these figures hang on the pegs for months, they'll blame video games instead of themselves.'

THAT is what I'm saying. You know so much about marketing there Mr. Market/Consumer Master? Then why are there countless amounts of Batman Begins products collecting dust with Superman Returns toys right behind them?

And listen gramps....obviously you underestimate the power of the internet. Yeah...why on earth would Mattel want to visit one of the most popular Superhero sites that talks about their merchandise? Idiot...another NEWSFLASH toy companies listen to what people say about their toys just as people involved in the movie making business now pay attention to the net so they can potentially better their upcoming movies. Oh yeah buddy....you know it all don't ya?

And raining on who's parade? If people actually enjoy that Superman Returns stuff so be it. Myself along with, oh I don't know....a million other people aren't too impressed with Mattel ruining what could have been a half decent toy line.

So take your parade and unfunny comments and go jump off a cliff *****e...

[​IMG]

'Nuff said

4. BrollySupersj Howard, Fine, and Howard

Pictures are inavaible, BUT I can tell you which ones I got

I got:

Solar Force, (thank god no stupid action feature, very good looking figure AND rubber cape which out classes the cloth in every way) :up:

Bullet Proof Superman chest lights up, but no sound, gattling gun looks very good though) :up:

Missel Launch Lex Luthor (Whats to say, it's a good sculpt and comes with awesome looking doo-hickys) :up:

They all very good,

I picked these guys up at walmart. THEY WERE LOADED!! :eek:

5. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

Whack....4Nutz -

Both of you two stop acting like 4 year olds.

You both are about to get probation if you don't stop the name calling, arguing, and bad manners.

6. Morg Super Moderator

Ok enough name calling guys or next one gets booted

7. BrollySupersj Howard, Fine, and Howard

^I did my best to divert their attention, it worked for WhatArnolds.

8. 4NutzinYoface Registered

Man do I wish you had a camera! I want to see that Lex figure from different angles....if Mattel made a Lex the same style as the Ultra figures I'd be in heaven!

And Brolly did you notice the Lex figure to be in large amounts on the shelves? 'Cause on eBay...DAMN he's like $20

9. BrollySupersj Howard, Fine, and Howard

Honestly, it was Solar Force choking the shelfs, and maybe just abit Kryptonite Escape, (yes, that figure was there too)

10. slvknight Guest

I got my clark to superman action figure and plan on getting the space suit one. but how long will the space suit one be out and when is it coming out. i heard june but that article from above said its out now.

11. BrollySupersj Howard, Fine, and Howard

I almost bought the Kryptonite Escape, I ALMOST DID!!! But it has a stupid ****ing lever in the back :down :down :mad: How come it couldn't be a simple small push button on the belt like the bullet proof WHY!!! :( No matter I will buy it sooner or later, and when I do, THE LEVER COMES OFF!! :D

12. ReporterKent Registered

Well, the TRU exlcusive is out, I just bought one today.

13. BrollySupersj Howard, Fine, and Howard

^ it any good?

14. ReporterKent Registered

It's peachy keen jelly bean. which means good!

15. BrollySupersj Howard, Fine, and Howard

Question RepoterKent, Do you have the Heat Vision Superman, and if so, give me the complete low down, PROS and CONS all together.

16. 4NutzinYoface Registered

Yes please me too! I am thinking something....as I said before in another post somewhere that this 'Ultra' line is probably the best sculpted detailed Superman Returns figures out there...however upon closer inspection the eyes on the Heat Vision Superman are kinda dopey lookin' and not regular Superman 'blue'....however someone mentioned a head swap from the Flight Force Superman to the Heat Vision.

I just hope they come out in my area! :supes:

17. 4NutzinYoface Registered

Now honestly.....wouldn't THIS have been a fantastic action figure? If he could actually have moveable legs and arms? DAMN! :(

[​IMG]

18. slvknight Guest

Reporterkent where do you live? i live in new york but i don't know if the space suit kal-el tru exclusive is out yet. im a bit tied up so i can't check.

19. Whack Arnolds Registered

Me and ReporterKent live in Chicago... and it is out. We hid a bunch of them as well, hehehe.

20. BrollySupersj Howard, Fine, and Howard

Have you seen the Flight Force around yet? Most people are saying thats the better of all three Deluxe figures.

OH and I'm thinking they don't have ball jointed shoulders anymore.

21. BrollySupersj Howard, Fine, and Howard

Head Swap??? That was me homie :up: :)

22. Metropolis_Man Mister Doctor?

Dang it brolly. You got Lex before I did. I gotta go out looking again to see whats out now.

23. BrollySupersj Howard, Fine, and Howard

HEY you saw the Deluxe figures before I did, your still in the lead.

24. JokerFish Registered

WHOOO!!!!

I won a Superman Returns figure from that Quaker Oats site.
    I entered the access code and I actually won something. Pretty cool...

25. 4NutzinYoface Registered

;) :supes:

Man oh man do I ever want them Ultra figures baaaadly!!!

I actually picked up the Silver Age (I think that's what it's called) Lex Luthor figure. He is really really cool!

He clocks in at about 6 1/2 inches and as an added little extra I took my black trenchcoat off of my Nazi Kroenen figure from the Hellboy movie toys and put it in the Lex figure...he looks sweet!

Now hopefully if I ever get my hands on the Flight Force Superman and Heat Vision Superman I can have them battle each other.

OH and I am also thinking of using my Resevoir Dogs figures as henchmen for my lex LoL....:O