The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im loving the look and shape of the eyes I cannot wait until we see the rest of the suit which I assume will eventually get leaked from set pics.

I have a feeling they'll beat the paparazzi (just like last time). ;)

maybe not , maybe they release Electro oficially and Spidey in Paparazzi or viceversa

I don't want Electro spoiled from a spy pic I want to wait for something official.

Like the lenses but I need to see them on the costume. I really want them to just start over on the entire costume. I didn't like the material they used or the design. I liked the color of the ASM costume and that was about it. The suit looked rubbery in the first movie and I didn't really like that. It was shiny and it really looked like a basketball. You can look at the Hot Toys movie accurate 1/6 size toy and it just looks awful. The only reason the costume half worked is because it was dark in nearly all the scenes that he was Spider-Man. It hid all the ugly flaws.
My feelings exactly. :up:

Like others have said, we need to see the suit to see how the lenses look on the final product. I can't wait until they reveal the costume.

My feelings exactly. :up:

I mean look at it!!!

308zmrs.jpg

That is an awful, awful costume. I can't say enough how much I loathe it and pray to Madame Web that they completely retool the costume this go around. It just looks awful. You can see how awful it looks when he is on top of that building at sunrise/sunset. The costume looks so rubbery and the sun/bright light just illuminates the terrible design of the costume. You couldn't notice it in the school fight because he was moving around so fast and the rest of the movie is at night. They didn't even put a web pattern on the body of the costume for F's sake and the mask web pattern isn't even like a spider's web. I really want to know if they were on peyote...seriously.

Last edited:
Yeah it doesn't look that bad but I still prefer the classic suit. I hope they keep the spider being integrated into the webbing though, that does look cool.

not really, but ok at least is not the same designer as the first one and for now we see is taking a more classic aproach

I tried to post a link but this site blocks out the words comic book movie . com:huh:

I mean look at it!!!

308zmrs.jpg

That is an awful, awful costume.
I mean it just has so many useless deviations. It's not like the new MoS costume where the design changes are far more aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

There's no rhyme or reason in TASM case. The Asic shoes and the whole track pant business. Awful. The nonsensical blue lines all across the suit. Pointless. The vertical lines on the boots. Terrible. The dollar store material like quality to the texture of the suit. Awful, again. The gloves...need I say more? The omission of the belt. Senseless. Grid pattern instead of web design...

The only good things are the colors, lenses and the elongated torso when it comes to the red portion of his suit. That's it.

I tried to post a link but this site blocks out the words comic book movie . com:huh:

yeah, but i knew it, saw it anyway ...well is a different costume designer and the company that makes the costumes is a good one :up: , i´m still thinking if they are keeping the shoes? , i also like that the lenses are technically the same but painted white and with different "Frame" if you understand what i mean

These eye lenses are pretty brilliant looking. Everybody seems to see their favorite artist's rendition of the eyes, which is awesome and speaks to how nice the shape is. Gonna be cool to see bigger, rounder eyes on screen!

Give me the classic design, plz.

I mean look at it!!!

308zmrs.jpg

That is an awful, awful costume. I can't say enough how much I loathe it and pray to Madame Web that they completely retool the costume this go around. It just looks awful. You can see how awful it looks when he is on top of that building at sunrise/sunset. The costume looks so rubbery and the sun/bright light just illuminates the terrible design of the costume. You couldn't notice it in the school fight because he was moving around so fast and the rest of the movie is at night. They didn't even put a web pattern on the body of the costume for F's sake and the mask web pattern isn't even like a spider's web. I really want to know if they were on peyote...seriously.

I don't think the suit, as a whole, is "awful", but from a purely artistic standpoint, it's dreadful. I already expressed this once before, but everything about it breaks every rule that an artist should keep in mind when creating something. The biggest problem is its lack of direction. The shoes break any sort of eye-flow and the webbing is random and lacks any actual pattern. The spider is literally the only thing on the suit that works AT ALL with the composition. Plus, the colors are nice, but other than that...BLEURGH.

Give me the classic design, plz.

i think they will because the first one had to be different so audiences could say "hey, this looks different to the other movies" and go see it but now they can use the classic look again and i hope so, in the first movie Peter made his first try and now that he had time making modifications and adding stuff i think it could look more classic

The shoes break any sort of eye-flow and the webbing is random and lacks any actual pattern. The spider is literally the only thing on the suit that works AT ALL with the composition. Plus, the colors are nice, but other than that...BLEURGH.

hope the new designer makes a better suit and i get the lack of pattern too, still like it but i hope a little more classic for the sequel

I mean it just has so many useless deviations. It's not like the new MoS costume where the design changes are far more aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

There's no rhyme or reason in TASM case. The Asic shoes and the whole track pant business. Awful. The nonsensical blue lines all across the suit. Pointless. The vertical lines on the boots. Terrible. The dollar store material like quality to the texture of the suit. Awful, again. The gloves...need I say more? The omission of the belt. Senseless. Grid pattern instead of web design...

The only good things are the colors, lenses and the elongated torso when it comes to the red portion of his suit. That's it.

I disagree. I like the ASM suit for what it is and I couldn't care less if they went the traditional route or kept the look so I'm good either way. I mean, you can argue or just plainly state that aspects of the Spidey design is pointless or awful but really there's no point. In terms of what is aesthetically pleasing or practical, we see things the way we want. But certain aspects that changed like the ones you listed make sense and served a purpose in what they were trying to do, at least to me. I can dig it.

I don't care what anyone says. I LOVED the suit from the first movie. I understand that it needs to evolve in the course of his "career", but I hope they don't deviate too far from the the first suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"