The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Official TASM2 Costume Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not confirmed in any way, but I just got a so strong feeling of Rhino having a cameo fight in the movie that I'm just kinda assuming he will be there somewhere

Maybe he remakes the costume because of how dirty it was. He was hanging around the sewers quite a bit, plus all the sweat, blood, and Lizard juice on it. I bet it smells like crap.
I don't think we need an explanation. Unless it's radically different, I doubt people will care.

Maybe he remakes the costume because of how dirty it was. He was hanging around the sewers quite a bit, plus all the sweat, blood, and Lizard juice on it. I bet it smells like crap.
I don't think we need an explanation. Unless it's radically different, I doubt people will care.

*pfft* Lizard juice? :funny: what does that even mean?

*pfft* Lizard juice? :funny: what does that even mean?

Yeah! Look at this picture! He can't make Lizard Juice!

amazing-spider-man-lizard-image-promo.jpg

He had already completely fixed it at the end of the movie.

Yup, in the final swing the suit is repaired, the web shooters are repaired, and he obviously was planning on using that suit for a little while still.

Unless final swings aren't exactly canon?

Yup, in the final swing the suit is repaired, the web shooters are repaired, and he obviously was planning on using that suit for a little while still.

Unless final swings aren't exactly canon?

i guess.....

Maybe the movie will start with his TASM costume, and he changes it over time

i hope the last swing was canon cos it was the best part of the film for me haha.

speaking of the costume, i hope they change the material, because in the non-cgi scenes, it would have constant wrinkles and folds and air pockets visible, which not only looked bad, but reinforced which shots were cgi and which were not. cgi should be as seamless as possible, so yeah...

Haha, it always bothered me how right after the sewer fight he went straight to Gwen. You just know that she's thinking "Duuuude !!!"

speaking of the costume, i hope they change the material, because in the non-cgi scenes, it would have constant wrinkles and folds and air pockets visible, which not only looked bad, but reinforced which shots were cgi and which were not. cgi should be as seamless as possible, so yeah...

Yea I gotta agree it's something that I've noticed since the first Spidey.

I liked that the suit had crinkles when he moved...but i believe that why Andrews bulking up a bit more so probably look more like the CG version. Though I hope not too much, as I love the skinny look.

I liked that the suit had crinkles when he moved...but i believe that why Andrews bulking up a bit more so probably look more like the CG version. Though I hope not too much, as I love the skinny look.

Agreed. I hope that the gangly, skinnier look of spidey remains. His physique was spot on in TASM IMO.

This is my theory...

TASM2 opens up with the TASM suit. Spidey encounters Electro for the first time and his suit gets burned, lenses melt/fry, webshooters short-circuit and whatnot. This gives him a new reason to construct a new suit. The new lenses are there to maybe lessen the brightness of lightning flashes, or they're made of a different material that keeps them unaffected by electricity. The suit is insulated so he can't be shocked. The web shooters are modified to be impervious to electricity. Stuff like that. It'd be cool and serves as a perfect reason for a new suit.

I like that :up:

It is nice when there's a story behind the change in suit but I won't be bothered if there isn't one.

I don't think there needs to be anything but a slight mention. Peter ears his suit because thinks it looks cool.

Now I think most of would be happy with the classic design. Here are my improvements.
The lens I think they have realized just didn't come across on screen. They were blue and yellow but in the film it typically looks black and white. So why not go with it. The manips seem to be ignoring reflections. Imagine the old lenses but no hint of yellow.

Those stripes on the legs need to go. They honestly serve no purpose and a lot of the positioning on Spidey in the movie ignores it. I love the wrist design though. Up the the elbow I would totally keep it. I'd lose the stripe running vertical though. It's not as bad as the legs but it's not the best. Lose the silver boots. They can keep the boots, just lose the silver coloring.

Give Spider-man a belt. It's clearly not working one bit. Oh and I guess actually have him use said belt in the film. On the back the upper body of the spider creates this polygon cut out. Bring the spider down and fill that area in. But not the biggest of deals.

My biggest change is that need to get rid of that dark crouch. I know why they have it but it showed up on screen and was a distraction. Maguire and his stunt guys didn't seem to have an issue.

Also I think Garfield needs to put on weight. His ass is like really tiny. I'm a straight male but I think Spider-man needs to have a bigger ass. It worked for Tobey.

I for one thought Garfield had an amazing ass in TASM. :o

I hope they'll have a realistic reason for why he worked out his buttocks :o

I don't think there needs to be anything but a slight mention. Peter ears his suit because thinks it looks cool.

Now I think most of would be happy with the classic design. Here are my improvements.
The lens I think they have realized just didn't come across on screen. They were blue and yellow but in the film it typically looks black and white. So why not go with it. The manips seem to be ignoring reflections. Imagine the old lenses but no hint of yellow.

Those stripes on the legs need to go. They honestly serve no purpose and a lot of the positioning on Spidey in the movie ignores it. I love the wrist design though. Up the the elbow I would totally keep it. I'd lose the stripe running vertical though. It's not as bad as the legs but it's not the best. Lose the silver boots. They can keep the boots, just lose the silver coloring.

Give Spider-man a belt. It's clearly not working one bit. Oh and I guess actually have him use said belt in the film. On the back the upper body of the spider creates this polygon cut out. Bring the spider down and fill that area in. But not the biggest of deals.

My biggest change is that need to get rid of that dark crouch. I know why they have it but it showed up on screen and was a distraction. Maguire and his stunt guys didn't seem to have an issue.

Also I think Garfield needs to put on weight. His ass is like really tiny. I'm a straight male but I think Spider-man needs to have a bigger ass. It worked for Tobey.
Hey now, that's just how us lanky folks are. I HAVE NO BUTT.:oldrazz:

oh... it must be so hard on you when all your friends are going to the woods to push out their feces and you can't join them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"