The Official Thread For: Harry Potter & The Order Of The Phoenix

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=15294

During the press day for Lady in the Water, ComingSoon.net asked writer-director M. Night Shyamalan whether his new studio partner Warner Bros. has tried to convince him to direct one of the last two "Harry Potter" movies. It certainly would be an interesting thing to see a filmmaker mostly known for directing movies from his own scripts to adapt the adventures of one of the most popular literary characters.

"You know, that Harry Potter dance has gone on a long time," he told us. "The problem is that it is a living breathing thing now, all by itself. When it comes over to my camp, it needs to be kind of handed over, adoption papers and everything. That's a tricky move.

"I haven't met with J.K. [Rowling]," he continued. "The first one was offered to me, but that conflicted with 'Unbreakable,' which was unfortunate. I would definitely, but I think probably before that I would adapt a book. I've gotten close a few times to adapting books."

That would be interesting if M. Night took on one of the last two Potter films.

M. Night Shyamalan? Directing a Harry Potter film? No, thanks.

War Party said:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=15294

During the press day for Lady in the Water, ComingSoon.net asked writer-director M. Night Shyamalan whether his new studio partner Warner Bros. has tried to convince him to direct one of the last two "Harry Potter" movies. It certainly would be an interesting thing to see a filmmaker mostly known for directing movies from his own scripts to adapt the adventures of one of the most popular literary characters.

"You know, that Harry Potter dance has gone on a long time," he told us. "The problem is that it is a living breathing thing now, all by itself. When it comes over to my camp, it needs to be kind of handed over, adoption papers and everything. That's a tricky move.

"I haven't met with J.K. [Rowling]," he continued. "The first one was offered to me, but that conflicted with 'Unbreakable,' which was unfortunate. I would definitely, but I think probably before that I would adapt a book. I've gotten close a few times to adapting books."

That would be interesting if M. Night took on one of the last two Potter films.

Nice...:up:
Im all for it and now that he has left Disney and moved over to WB it could easily happen.

Mr Lex Luthor said:
M. Night Shyamalan? Directing a Harry Potter film? No, thanks.
Just so long as they don't let Columbus direct anymore.

I wouldn't mind Shyamalan directing a Potter movie, he certainly has the right sort of style to pull it off. I have people in mind who I would prefer to take the job, but I see nothing wrong with him getting it.

I was fine with HP1 as a movie and liked as a adaptation.

I liked HP2 as a movie and liked as a adaptation.

I liked HP3 as a movie and was disappointed with it as a adaptation.

I liked HP4 as a movie and I was fine with it as a adaptation.

I like the 3rd one best. The first one was alright, but the 2nd one was horrible, with bad acting from the leads, especially Grint, who's portrayal of Ron is now more like a cross of Homer Simpson & Jar Jar Binks, (granted, the 2nd book sucked to begin with) and grossly overblown sentimentality. I think now though with 4 and all they're making the mistake of going for "faster, more intense!"

That and the end of GOF sucked - the leads were all happy and grinning and joking around when they should be scared $hitless with Voldemort being back, a student having been killed, etc.

kane9321 said:
Got 2 questions for you guys... I 'm not big on harry potter but I've seen all the movies,how many friggin potter books are there?..and will this movie be better than the last piece of crap movie?:)

I love GOF, but not the movie.It's sad to watch all the beautiful yet complicated scenes being butchered and deleted (for lack of budget or talent? I don't know).

Dr. Fate said:
That and the end of GOF sucked - the leads were all happy and grinning and joking around when they should be scared $hitless with Voldemort being back, a student having been killed, etc.

Although I am one of those people that really enjoyed GoF,I have to agree with this.I mean right after
Cedric's funeral
,Harry, Hermione, & Ron are talking about writing to each other and joking around(And Hermione's unbearable line "Everything gonna change now isn't it? ").Espically Harry who is suppose to be feeling guilty since he caused
Cedric's death & Voldemort arrival
yet he is all smiling and what not.

I can understand the fast pacing of this movie since GoF was is a pretty long book but the ending really did suck.They should have left in the World Cup scene though.Since they were showing the events leading up to it and what do you know?They cut back to the Weasleys in the tent after the match.Yeah, it was unimportant to the plot but if your gonna tease us with the qudditch, atleast show the match!:down

But I loved the movie though:)

ive liked them all, to me and am eagerly awaiting order of the phoenix....but all those new haracters is just going to cause me massive overload.

Cinemaman said:

I actually liked HP3 as a movie and as an adaptation

1 and 2 felt like Scooby-doo episodes.

tecnowraith said:
Ok guys and gals, i got something new for you. Its a pic from a poster for the movie.

NYHarryPotter4.jpg

Yep Harry has short hair now. I do not remember if ever cut his hair in the book or not.

His hair looks a lot better . . . in the last film it looked like he was wearing a wig.

HP4-TLR2-0027_273x400.jpg

Dr. Fate said:
They need to stop portraying Ron as a cross between Homer Simpson and Jar Jar Binks.

Don't you EVER . . . EVER . . . mention Jar Jar Binks again!

71.jpg

Cinemaman said:

:up:

gazi said:
His hair looks a lot better . . . in the last film it looked like he was wearing a wig.

HP4-TLR2-0027_273x400.jpg
I think it actually looks worse. HP4 hair was fine for Harry but I didn't like that almost every boy at Hogwarts had skater hair.

I like his hair, it makes him look older, and will make the scar stand out more.

I hope this film translates as well as the last two books have since this is the last film before the franchise is ruined by HBP :(

HPB was alright.

But the experience of reading it was ruined 'cause I knew beforehand, Dumbledore died. :(

Socrates said:
HPB was alright.

But the experience of reading it was ruined 'cause I knew beforehand, Dumbledore died. :(

Dumbledores death was the highlight of the book. Not because the character needed to die but because it was the only good scene in the book.

The strenght of Harry Potter was the fact that JKR was able to build a bunch of strong characters around Harry, the main character. Every character but Voldemort, Dumbledore and Harry (with perhaps the exception of Ron) took a step back, sometimes tremendously.

Hermione was ruined.
Remus was non existent.
Tonks was horrible.
Kinglsey (who could of been cool) was wasted.
Molly was Molly :(
The twins were underused.
Ginny was unlikeable.
Draco became a wus.
Sirus was dead and they hurt him by not making his death mean anything.

StorminNorman said:
Dumbledores death was the highlight of the book. Not because the character needed to die but because it was the only good scene in the book.

The strenght of Harry Potter was the fact that JKR was able to build a bunch of strong characters around Harry, the main character. Every character but Voldemort, Dumbledore and Harry (with perhaps the exception of Ron) took a step back, sometimes tremendously.

Hermione was ruined.(Uh, how?)
Remus was non existent.(Uh, he didn't even appear in book four and he has about the same airtime as in Order of Phoenix)
Tonks was horrible.(...How?:confused:)
Kinglsey (who could of been cool) was wasted.(Kingsley has never been an important character... why not complain about that random guy on page 5 being underused?)
Molly was Molly :((Yeah, I hate when characters act in character, Molly should've ****ed a goat or something, that would've been better)
The twins were underused.(Of course they were. They've left Hogwarts. The books are taking on a more serious tone. Be happy you got the twins AT ALL)
Ginny was unlikeable.(Some of us prefer a fiery, intelligent woman. I found Ginny great *shrug*)
Draco became a wus.(No, he finally became a Death Eater. If anything, this book made Draco far more complex and interesting)
Sirus was dead and they hurt him by not making his death mean anything.(I can sort of agree with this)

I agree that it was subpar. But it wasn't half as bad as you're making it out to be:confused:

JLBats said:
I agree that it was subpar. But it wasn't half as bad as you're making it out to be:confused:

She was really out of character. She spent the whole book drooling over Ron which was really strange. She cared nothing about rules (she sent a pack of birds on Ron and hexed another student for Quiditch). She was of no use to Harry, etc.

Remus was non existent.(Uh, he didn't even appear in book four and he has about the same airtime as in Order of Phoenix)

This is true, however this was the book that Remus SHOULD of played a bigger role in the story. He was Harry's last link to his parents, he should of taken Sirius' role has Dad/Uncle/Friend. Frankly his character was too good in POA to have played no role in the series this far.

She was a cool, fun character in OoTP - in this one her character was the exact opposite of her character in OoTP, and why? Because of some crush on Wolfie. She was suppose to be an auror - not a teenage girl.

Kinglsey (who could of been cool) was wasted.(Kingsley has never been an important character... why not complain about that random guy on page 5 being underused?)

Its because he had the potential to be good. Harry learned that he was the only one who could defeat Lord V, he should of gotten atleast some training to help him - Kinglsey could of played this role well - but alas Harry got nothing.

Of course I concede your point that I am complaining about nothing though.

Molly was Molly :((Yeah, I hate when characters act in character, Molly should've ****ed a goat or something, that would've been better)

That would of been better - I simply added her because I don't like her and I am really biased against HBP, so the more I complain the better it makes me feel :(.

Ginny was unlikeable.(Some of us prefer a fiery, intelligent woman. I found Ginny great *shrug*)

I found her neither fiery or intelligent, she was a minor character that was made a love intrest because Harry needed a love intrest. She was bland and generic.

Draco became a wus.(No, he finally became a Death Eater. If anything, this book made Draco far more complex and interesting)

No, if they made Draco a true Death Eater it would of been better. Instead they made this character actually have morals and start to question his decisions. If he would of AK'd Dumbledore I would of liked him.

Sirus was dead and they hurt him by not making his death mean anything.(I can sort of agree with this)

Good, it made me confused about why Harry who spent all of book 5 in a bad mood because a rival got killed yet was not at all impacted by the fact that his father figure was killed.

StorminNorman said:

She was really out of character. She spent the whole book drooling over Ron which was really strange. She cared nothing about rules (she sent a pack of birds on Ron and hexed another student for Quiditch). She was of no use to Harry, etc.

Arguably she's been moving towards this for years. She's slowly been becoming more lax with the rules over time. Perhaps she was a tad too free with the rules, but it was hardly ruining her.

This is true, however this was the book that Remus SHOULD of played a bigger role in the story. He was Harry's last link to his parents, he should of taken Sirius' role has Dad/Uncle/Friend. Frankly his character was too good in POA to have played no role in the series this far.
I'm not sure I would have felt comfortable with Harry filling that void so quickly. And it's pretty hard to get any of the adult characters who don't work at Hogwarts into major parts once they go to school.

She was a cool, fun character in OoTP - in this one her character was the exact opposite of her character in OoTP, and why? Because of some crush on Wolfie. She was suppose to be an auror - not a teenage girl.

It wasn't JUST because of her crush on Lupin, but also the loss of Sirius. Arguably, this is the only real reaction to Sirius' death in the book, and I'm thankful for it.

Its because he had the potential to be good. Harry learned that he was the only one who could defeat Lord V, he should of gotten atleast some training to help him - Kinglsey could of played this role well - but alas Harry got nothing.

Of course I concede your point that I am complaining about nothing though.

Okey dokey.

That would of been better - I simply added her because I don't like her and I am really biased against HBP, so the more I complain the better it makes me feel :(.

Okay:(

I found her neither fiery or intelligent, she was a minor character that was made a love intrest because Harry needed a love intrest. She was bland and generic.

Not really. She was a nice continuation of the quiet, nervous Ginny with the crush on Harry. She really came into her own these past few novels. The romance felt a tad forced, but somehow it rang true to me that Harry would fall for Ginny.

No, if they made Draco a true Death Eater it would of been better. Instead they made this character actually have morals and start to question his decisions. If he would of AK'd Dumbledore I would of liked him.

I much prefer the way we got it. I'm far more interested in characters with shades rather than two-dimensional murderers.

Good, it made me confused about why Harry who spent all of book 5 in a bad mood because a rival got killed yet was not at all impacted by the fact that his father figure was killed.

So, yeah.

i'm looking foward to this movie moreso than Goblet of Fire... nothing really happened in Goblet of Fire except for Voldumort coming back... and i didn't particularly care for the Half Blood Prince, either... it was well written, and in no way a bad book, but
Dumbledore's death
was handled soooooooooooOOOooooo - ooo poorly, that it literally turned me off to the rest of the book.

but whatever... this movie ought to be good. all the Potter movies have been so far. just keep M Night Shamlamanalaltlylani away from either of the last two movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"