The Official TIH Marketing Discussion Thread

sava you could be right.
maybe the whole sequence is a problem. it looks a little stylized maybe?

on the other side maybe the problem is that the sky is dark and the sun is very strong.

yeah, like IM made the 300 way, very stylized and not at all like what we've seen so far.

Agreed. That really should open eyes that Iron Man is not going to be perfect and flawless, given that bad FX shot at the end. It just looked badly rendered, and alot of fans noticed. It's not bashing the movie, per se', but it makes me appreciate that it wasn't Hulk getting FX critisms.

Spider-Man 2 had a trailer with some poor CGI shots, but those were all polished up for the film. Looking at the other Iron Man CGI scenes, I think that last one just hadn't been polished up yet.

Regardless, if Hulk's CGI isn't polished yet, how about at least showing us Ed Norton as Banner... let audiences know that a new Hulk film with a different castis coming?

Regardless, if Hulk's CGI isn't polished yet, how about at least showing us Ed Norton as Banner... let audiences know that a new Hulk film with a different castis coming?
Could not have said it any better my friend..

They should release the damn trailer this week. This promotional campaign is a goddamn mess.

No the promotional campaign is not a mess, its non existant.

the last scene with the tank in the superbowl spot was just entire CGI and it made the spot end in a bad way, everything before that looked fine IMO
I loved that scene, to me that is the scene that impressed me the most

Here are the only two possible scenarios of what could have/will happen with the drama that is SHH's TIH TRAILER fetish:

1. A trailer was officially released during the SuperBowl (or at Thanksgiving, or at Christmas, or in front of Cloverfield, etc.):

The general public and trolls on message boards lampoon it for "looking fake", "looking like a green Michelin Tire Man", and/or looking like (drum roll, please), "Shrek on Steroids"TM.
Fans on SHH that were formerly bellyaching about how "Marvel is stupid if they don't release a trailer during the SuperBowl" instantly retort, "See, I TOLD you they should have waited to release the trailer!!!"

~ OR ~

2. A trailer is officially released some time after the SuperBowl:

The general public and trolls on message boards lampoon it for "looking fake", "looking like a green Michelin Tire Man", and/or looking like (drum roll, please), "Shrek on Steroids"TM.
Fans on SHH that were formerly bellyaching about how "Marvel is stupid if they don't release a trailer during the SuperBowl" instantly retort, "See, I TOLD you they should have released the trailer earlier!!!"

Sales of deodorant, soap, and condoms slowly drop within the demographic.

Lather.
Rinse.
Repeat until June 14, 2008.

Here are the only two possible scenarios of what could have/will happen with the drama that is SHH's TIH TRAILER fetish:

1. A trailer was officially released during the SuperBowl (or at Thanksgiving, or at Christmas, or in front of Cloverfield, etc.):

Fans on SHH that were formerly bellyaching about how "Marvel is stupid if they don't release a trailer during the SuperBowl" instantly retort, "See, I TOLD you they should have waited to release the trailer!!!"

~ OR ~

Fans on SHH that were formerly bellyaching about how "Marvel is stupid if they don't release a trailer during the SuperBowl" instantly retort, "See, I TOLD you they should have released the trailer earlier!!!"

Lather.
Rinse.

Buh?! Is this that mysterious phenomenon I hear about.... common sense? It... it feels good.

~ OR ~

Lather.
Rinse.

Yeah, go over to the Iron Man boards. Sheesh! Nit pickers galore. You know that no matter what, once the trailer is released, it's going to happen. The "he looks fake, He's to green, He's not green enough and the Ang's Hulk looked better crowds will be sounding off.

~ OR ~

Lather.

Rinse.

Or you can simply remain positive before, during and throughout, with or without a trailer. That's where I am. Make that scenario #3 or #57.

Yeah, go over to the Iron Man boards. Sheesh! Nit pickers galore. You know that no matter what, once the trailer is released, it's going to happen. The "he looks fake, He's to green, He's not green enough and the Ang's Hulk looked better crowds will be sounding off.

Yeah seriously, I got sick of the "video game" comment. I thought that scene was bada** I didn't even think of the effects until people pointed it out. :csad:

Yeah seriously, I got sick of the "video game" comment. I thought that scene was bada** I didn't even think of the effects until people pointed it out. :csad:

I agree 100%. There's always the "Know it alls" who know better than anyone reguardless of what is right in front of their eyes.

Edit: That didn't come out right

I agree 100%. There's always the "Know it alls" who know better than anyone reguardless of right is in front of their eyes.

I mean come on, we all seriously forget what it was like to be in the theaters don't we?

The scene looks slick, that's what is important. It does look stylized. But is that always a bad thing?

I know even if it's not changed one bit I'll be waiting for that scene as that seemed like one of the coolest super hero movie scenes ever for me.

I thought it looked cool.

Yes I know, and I applaud you for it. :woot:

I was just stuck in rant mode where I tend to press the issue at hand farther and farther with my open blatant opinion. :oldrazz:

Edit: to add on the subject of Iron Man... from how it looks so far, I'd be pretty happy with Fav's in control of Avengers!

The teaser poster for TIH is listed as a pre-order at www.play.com for 15th Feb. It's the comic con poster with Hulk in the shadows. I don't know if that is of any significance but I feel we're getting something soon.

The teaser poster for TIH is listed as a pre-order at www.play.com for 15th Feb. It's the comic con poster with Hulk in the shadows. I don't know if that is of any significance but I feel we're getting something soon.

God I hope so. I mean, how much closer does it need get?

And that's fine if there was one (a heavy ad campaign). The essence of my post was that I still went into the theater un-enamored by all of the buzz. In my mind, Batman still sucked on account of the previous movies and that Batman Begins had a lot of ground to recover... but I still went nonetheless, in spite of the trailers, because of my general interest in comic book movies. I suspect it may be this way with a lot of people and, truly, I wouldn't be surprised if the trailers for TIH have little or no impact on actual attendance.

I mean, I'm just theorizing things if you will... trying to guess what maybe Marvel sees that we impatient fans do not. My feeling is they sense just what a precipice that Ang's Hulk dug for the Hulk and that, if anything is going to restore the big green fella's reputation, it's going to be the big green guy himself. It's going to be the positive word-of-mouth that directly stems from the movie itself and not the pre-movie buzz, imo. Do you see what I'm getting at? They're in it for the long-term and if the movie delivers at all, then they've made significant inroads for an even more successful second installment. My two cents...

I agree.

Marvel has got to get as much right as possible with this film--from the actual product to the marketing. There simply isn't a great deal of room for error, bad luck, or bad circumstances. Like BB, it's going to take the actual product and not so much hype, to restore this property to a positive light.

As a fan, I want to see something now. But from a business standpoint, I can understand if there's some measured caution being applied by Marvel.

I mean come on, we all seriously forget what it was like to be in the theaters don't we?

The scene looks slick, that's what is important. It does look stylized. But is that always a bad thing?

I know even if it's not changed one bit I'll be waiting for that scene as that seemed like one of the coolest super hero movie scenes ever for me.

I thought it looked cool.

I do think the scene had some dodgy CGI in, but no wear near as bad as people have been making out, if they polish it up before release, that scene could be amazing. Overall i found the spot very satisfying.

I agree.

Marvel has got to get as much right as possible with this film--from the actual product to the marketing. There simply isn't a great deal of room for error, bad luck, or bad circumstances. Like BB, it's going to take the actual product and not so much hype, to restore this property to a positive light.

As a fan, I want to see something now. But from a business standpoint, I can understand if there's some measured caution being applied by Marvel.

Personally, i disagree with this, we should at least some more stills from the movie, i dont what Marvel are playing at, Total Film even commented that they had forgotten the movie was coming out before the 2 recent stills were released, if a popular movie magazine is saying that, you need to do something IMO.

If they want this movie to be a success, they need to get the ball rolling and quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"