The Official TIH Theatrical Trailer Anticipation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
that sounded like the last scene of rocky 3, not the trailer.

Um, fella.... I'm trying to remain spoiler-free on Rocky 3, OK? Gimme one of these next time
And no mention of Highlander: Endgame, either!

I don't care anymore to be honest. I think everyone here is used to that feeling of dissappointment now as we have had it for several occasions, what will an extra one do?

I think people need to understand that they have been doing that to themselves. The studio hasn't lied once. It' s fans on these boards that keep setting themselves up.
People are unleashing their anger in the wrong direction.

I think people need to understand that they have been doing that to themselves. The studio hasn't lied once. It' s fans on these boards that keep setting themselves up.
People are unleashing their anger in the wrong direction.

Exactly, there was a blog saying there MAY be a superbowl spot, now people are just assuming this trailer will be shown soon due to it's appearance in Germany...

As I am trying to tell people, this time, don't set yourselves up and then blame a studio that never promised you anything.

Um, fella.... I'm trying to remain spoiler-free on Rocky 3, OK? Gimme one of these next time
And no mention of Highlander: Endgame, either!

seriously u have not watched rocky 3? its been out for over 20 years, WTH are u waiting for?

Let me ruin the other Rocky movies: Rocky wins in Rocky 4 and 5, loses in Rocky Balboa :oldrazz:

Somehow the Germans got a first look!
German speakers... Go to your respective blogs and boards and translate that stuff!

this movie's gonna be sick, but i want a trailer now dammit, they need to push the promotion on this thing like now

I like the description of the footage shown in Germany, but tell me this! How the **** can one have seen this footage and NOT comment on how the effects looked!? Does the Hulk actually look REAL? How did it all look dammit!!! And NO, patience is not something we need to have in this regard! This movie and everything about it has been silent for far too long already!!!

What would be the point of a teaser when the movie is so close. Might as well wait until the trailer.

I'm whitcha' AD!!! SOMETHING IS COMING SOON!

This is great news! The description was pretty vague but I'm just glad that things are finally heating up. Now we just need the footage on-line. I'm sure it'll happen by the end of February. Hopefully it's just a matter of days!

10,000 BC is the only movie that makes sense. No point in releasing it so it gets overshadowed by Indy w/Spiderwick. I can wait till March 7.

seriously u have not watched rocky 3? its been out for over 20 years, WTH are u waiting for?

Let me ruin the other Rocky movies: Rocky wins in Rocky 4 and 5, loses in Rocky Balboa :oldrazz:

I've seen nothing but the first, after that, I had no ambition to ever watch one again. :oldrazz:

FINALLY SOME NEWS, THE DESCRIPTION SOUNDS GREAT, I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT!!!:D:up::bh:

Description's very vague. I wouldn't put any money on it being true. :(

Then it's true, there is a trailer for the movie.:cwink: :woot: I Like the discription of the trailer

It was great to see the first footage of the INCREDIBLE HULK. What we saw looked like the first official trailer. The scene opens with Edward
Norton meditating. We see images of a lab, experiments, Banner escaping from
the (Russian?) military (led by William Hurt and Tim Roth), running in the
streets, kissing Liv Tyler, guns, shooting, more running… The ‘trailer’ ends
with Abomination walking towards Hulk. Remember the end of Rocky III? Apollo
Creed wants to hit Rocky in their friendly duel? That’s exactly the way the
trailer ends. Abomination wants to hit Hulk. Hulk wants to hit Abomination,
but before it actually happens the trailer is over. Abomination looks like a
Hulk with the Voldemort face from the first Harry Potter movie. A really
mean motha. He sure is a great opponent.
I thought the shown footage was awesome. It promises much more action than
the Ang Lee movie, a great love story and an even greater fight. Edward
Norton makes a great Bruce Banner. He isn’t that muscular which makes his
transformation into Hulk much more interesting and exciting. Imagine John
Cena as Bruce Banner! That would be completely wrong, wouldn’t it?

I slightly edited it so not to start up the bashing crap again.

I don't want to know anything so I am not going to read about this, I just want to watch and enjoy it, it is good to hear that Marvel has made one and I hope we get to see this soon.

Ive seen it and it is quite odd. A deer loses its mother at the beginning, and spends the duration with a talking rabbit

Description's very vague. I wouldn't put any money on it being true. :(

I'd be willing to give you some good odds there buddy boy. I have been going back and forth with my source and discussing all recent stuff regarding TIH. Here's some dialogue from those emails:

Hi ******, I thought you might be interested in this article:
Handicapping Hulk, Hellboy
There are many reasons why I think Guillermo del Toro’s Hellboy II: The Golden Army (Universal, July 11th) is going to be a better comic book movie than Louis Leterrier’s The Incredible Hulk (Universal, June 13th). I know it’s early days, but I couldn’t help myself.

The Monsteur Theory: Although Leterrier, by virtue of his work on the Transporter series, knows how to keep a film moving, only del Toro was on Entertainment Weekly’s December 2007 list of the 50 Smartest People in Hollywood (he came in at #37). At this stage of the sci-fi fantasy horror blockbuster game, it’s all about imagination, not execution. And there’s no doubt the Mexican will bring a lot more to the table in that regard than the Frenchman.

This could mean a lot of things, including the fact that Marvel, having reclaimed control of the franchise, is being extremely meticulous in deciding what - and what not - to show advance glimpses of. But it may also point to the fact that while del Toro is on schedule and in command, Hulk makers are in a post-production hard scrabble.

The Danny Elfman Factor: I could be wrong, but at this stage I don’t believe the soundtrack composer for the new Hulk has been announced. There’s
certainly no listing on the film’s IMDB page, yet. But in del Toro’s corner lie the inestimable talents of Elfman, the first time the pair has worked together. Next to Tim Burton, it’s hard to think of a filmmaker better suited to being scored by Elfman than del Toro. End

ME: There is a lot of negative stuff (I feel unwarranted) being written about the Hulk. Is there a problem we do not see and is the production on schedule? When are they going to start marketing the movie? I have seen toys, pillows, and such.
THEM: This makes me chuckle...I'm not worried. I'd rather peak at the right time with the perfect campaign. I love Danny Elfman (he scored the first HULK) but no one says "I have to see that film because I love the composer". Or if they do, they're in the minority...
ME: Yes, I can see where this was going with that article (I laughed as well). I for one, liked Elfman in certain projects, but his work has become a bit too familiar and redundant. Don't get me wrong, he is a great composer. I just hoped that if he is used or anyone else for that matter, they can separate this movie from the last via the theme music and sense of style. I agree with the plan to perfect a strategic campaign rather than just putting something out just to satisfy the fan boys. I believe that promoting Iron Man the way they are is smart, but hope (I am confident can you elaborate) the Hulk campaign is not so much just timed right, but done with enough impact to leave the average movie goer with a " wow, I wanna go see that" feeling when they see the trailer. The last effort in 2003 has left a very "blah" attitude on that target audience. Your thoughts?
THEM: The toys rock, btw! At least imho.
ME: Some rumor is flying around that TIH's release date is being moved to december! Please tell me that's not true!
THEM: Where do these rumors come from????
ME: As you may or may not be aware, Superherohype.com is a website that posts alot of confirmed stories based on outside sources. A majority are confirmed before being posted and I frequent the forums to check stuff out. That's how I scooped up the Premeire.com article I relayed to you. You see a lot of fans are extremely anxious to see anything about the Hulk so at times stuff comes up so outrageous, I have to ask you. Now since I am aware of your position within Marvel I will never cross the line with certain questions, just those that seem so false I have to ask. If you had any idea what goes on simply based on Hulk trailers, teasers, posters or toys (which are posted already) in the forum, your head would pop, lol. Well I know its being released June 13, 2008 so no panicking here. The Fans however are angry that nothing except two pictures have been released from TIH and they are fearing something may be amiss with the film, from CGI to marketing. I am amazed how much passion the Hulk invokes from people. It's truly amazing. But yes, that was the rumor and everybody wants a trailer like yesterday. I too must admit I want to see the green guy myself. May this message find you and your family in great health.
THEM: Thanks, ******. I promise the wait won't be TOO long. But don't go out on a limb with a date yet.
ME: If you haven't read the other message, a trailer was shown in Germany at the Toy Fair. It even gave a description.
THEM: Yep, thanks for the info *****...I saw that on aicn.

So, as we can see Marvel is aware of what's going on and my guess is we will see the trailer after the NEW YORK Toy Fair this month (after next week). I am as excited as I have ever been waiting for a movie before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"