The Official TIH Theatrical Trailer Anticipation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am amazed how much passion the Hulk invokes from people. It's truly amazing.

Ha ha, understatement of the year.

attachment.php

Great post, this should end all that talk of moving the date. Thanks EB!

Why in the hell did a toy fair in Germany, get a trailer for the Hulk before we did?

-AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I dont mean to sound close minded or against another country because that's not what this is about. There was already a post from another member on this board saying at least a teaser. What kind of promotion is that? Yes I know that people get payed millions of dollars to understand marketing and use all sorts of numbered calculations to provide the best strategy. Yes, I know that a toy company packed away the deal to do the new hulk merchandise, but honestly, COME ON!

I know some of your are saying, "dude, just wait, It will be worth it", and I know it will. I'm not worried about me. Sorry to say but Marvel could dress the hulk in a ****-lined overcoat and i would see it. My problem is the fact that it's not the most accessible of superheroes. Yes, that hurt my heart too, but this isn't the 80s anymore (though I wish it were sometimes). I'm worried that people aren't going to go see it. More people than I thought were pissed about the last Hulk movie, which was only bad due to 3 decisions they made. It wasn't worse than Superman Returns, but lets stay on track.

Hulk is a big green muscle bound wrath of destruction and Inner turmoil. Most people who have an imagination would say, "Hey, that sounds like 12 dollars leaving my pocket", but for the other people who make "Meet the Spartans" number one at the box office, I'm not so sure. Iron man released a trailer at comicon that leaked to the internet and with a very well done trailer to make that leak obsolete, its marketable. No one HAS seen Iron Man done before on the big screen. Its catchy and staring one of the greatest comeback actors of my life-time. Directed by one of the greatest men on the planet, and a cast that cant help pissing excellence in the morning. The hulk has a really big lead actor, but lets be realistic, none of the movies that he's done have pulled in big enough numbers to say that he is going to pull people to the theatre like brad pitt's butt cheeks.
Don't get me wrong! Ed Norton in my opinion is one of the greatest actors ever, and some of those movies should have been widely recognized, but the previous statement remains true. Liv Tyler is sexy but what has she been doing lately? (Tell me I really dont know. If you want my opinion, she can do nothing and look as beautiful as she is for the rest of eternity and I'll be happy). I dont have much to say about the director other than, I'm cautious of you good sir, please make me happy.

The point is, I'm pretty sure that you could go up to a person that isn't a comic geek and they have no idea this movie is coming out. They are the people that decide if it fails or not. I will enjoy it, this I know. I just think that the Hulk is being overshadowed and unless they plan on giving people free admission and buying its success with handouts they need to get the show on the road.

I did take heed on the other post, where the seemingly very knowledgeable member said that they spoke with Marvel and that It is going to kick into full affect soon, but soon needed to be a teaser like YESTERDAY! I dont even mean the trailer they showed at the toy fair. I just mean bright green letters on a black back drop. I dont think my heart could take another hit like last time.

P.S. The 3 problems with Ang Lee's Hulk:
1. Mutated Dogs - Whoever came up with this concept needs to be shot
2. Editing - People came to see the Hulk. The banner parts were awesome but too long and most of them without an abrupt change in pace that we loved in the tv show and what should be expected in a Hulk film.
3.Absorbent Man and making Absorbent man Bruce Banner's father-------------> Stupid! May the writer's hand become stricken with talent.

Things they did right:
1. The movie had some of the most beautiful transitions ever in film
2. Delivery of the line "Talbot, You're making me angry....You wouldn't like me when I'm angry!" and the transformation with him pounding the floor and getting really pissed. I put that on the shelf with the first 5 minutes of Xmen 2 i.e. Nightcrawler.
3. Alot of people didn't like the comic book moving panels but alot of them were really cool to see and helped transition the movie along.
4.I think the hulk was overall a little watered down, but the moments of him becoming truly Irate were amazing.
5. I'm glad they actually showed his speed being that he isn't just strong but an amplified Human body to super extent, not just Muscles hitting things.
6. The Hulk Jump.......Finally no more nightmares of the hulk dying by falling from a helicopter that just took off from the ground. i.e. Death of the Incredible Hulk.

Ang Lee did a great job directing, He was just directing God awful Craptastic writing! - Im done with this vent session LOL!

Just a quick question....

Have they ever in the history of movie making came out with toys for a specific movie before the trailer for that same movie?

Maybe they have, and I just didnt notice before, or wasnt as excited about that movie as I am this one since the Hulk is my favorite comic book character.

Why in the hell did a toy fair in Germany, get a trailer for the Hulk before we did?

-AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I dont mean to sound close minded or against another country because that's not what this is about. There was already a post from another member on this board saying at least a teaser. What kind of promotion is that? Yes I know that people get payed millions of dollars to understand marketing and use all sorts of numbered calculations to provide the best strategy. Yes, I know that a toy company packed away the deal to do the new hulk merchandise, but honestly, COME ON!

I know some of your are saying, "dude, just wait, It will be worth it", and I know it will. I'm not worried about me. Sorry to say but Marvel could dress the hulk in a ****-lined overcoat and i would see it. My problem is the fact that it's not the most accessible of superheroes. Yes, that hurt my heart too, but this isn't the 80s anymore (though I wish it were sometimes). I'm worried that people aren't going to go see it. More people than I thought were pissed about the last Hulk movie, which was only bad due to 3 decisions they made. It wasn't worse than Superman Returns, but lets stay on track.

P.S. The 3 problems with Ang Lee's Hulk:
1. Mutated Dogs - Whoever came up with this concept needs to be shot
2. Editing - People came to see the Hulk. The banner parts were awesome but too long and most of them without an abrupt change in pace that we loved in the tv show and what should be expected in a Hulk film.
3.Absorbent Man and making Absorbent man Bruce Banner's father-------------> Stupid! May the writer's hand become stricken with talent.

Things they did right:
</p>

I disagree with the 3 problems.
1. For the a Hulk fight with three mutated dogs it was great, and I glad Hulk fought them instead of a villain like Abomination, because this was a Hulk origin film and not a supervillain origin film. I liked that atleast for the first Hulk movie the main focus was on the Hulk. The dogs were there to provide a battle, yet not distract from the main characters. Then for the sequel, we could then have Hulk battle a great villain with more action.
2. I enjoyed having the character development in the movie. In most movies they skip and hurry past the scenes that are needed to show how the characters become great.
3. Though Bruce’s father/monster was similar to Absorbing Man, he was not Absorbing man. I remember how I disliked the ending because I wanted a better final battle in a city, but now I can see they that Ang Lee had a purpose for the that ending.

</p>

I disagree with the 3 problems.
1. For the a Hulk fight with three mutated dogs it was great, and I glad Hulk fought them instead of a villain like Abomination, because this was a Hulk origin film and not a supervillain origin film. I liked that atleast for the first Hulk movie the main focus was on the Hulk. The dogs were there to provide a battle, yet not distract from the main characters. Then for the sequel, we could then have Hulk battle a great villain with more action.
2. I enjoyed having the character development in the movie. In most movies they skip and hurry past the scenes that are needed to show how the characters become great.
3. Though Bruce&#8217;s father/monster was similar to Absorbing Man, he was not Absorbing man. I remember how I disliked the ending because I wanted a better final battle in a city, but now I can see they that Ang Lee had a purpose for the that ending.
I will agree to disagree on a couple of things:
1) The fight with the dogs was good but not great. It was done at night to mask cgi issues and there was no need what so ever for a poodle. That in its self was corny.
2) The character development was a little overdone on Banner. Too much over the top pyscho babble. They should have gone with just the original origin or the life bio in flashbacks only. No need to revisit that twice.
3) In no way shape or form should his father had any, I mean any powers like the absorbing man as to confuse the non fan boys watching this movie.
Let me add a few:
Had they maintained the original size of the Hulk when he first changed which I thought was great, it would've allowed it to be more believable. All this talk of not sticking to the character, Lee exercised his free will in making Hulk look like King Kong in size at times. Total BS. His face was not consistant either. One minute he looks like a baby faced Banner and then he looks different. Lets not get into color consistantcy.

See, while I agree with the Emerald Beast on almost everything he said i will have to answer in turn haha.

1. Huge Bear, I will not lie to you. I enjoyed certain parts of the scene with the dogs but overall there is a way to get around having mutated dogs and still not having abomination or a supervillain in the film. They could have done what the comic book has done for nearly 20 years now. Make him fight a bigger military force. That never gets old especially when you are able to show it for the first time on the big screen.
2. I liked the in depth character story and it is needed for the most part, but not for 20 minutes in a desert without the hulk.
3. The final battle wasn't disappointing, it was ******ed! In my opinion. (I say in my opinion because in no way am I trying to overthrow your opinion on the matter lol! keeping it friendly.) No superhero movie should be made where the superhero does not fight an equally opposing PHYSICAL force, if the whole point of the character is physical with second thought of mental. That is one of the many reason why Superman Returns sucked. The climax was superman lifting a friggin land mass (which for an evil genius has to be the worst Luther concoction of master planning that I've ever seen). I dont want to see superman lift things or take bullets to the eye ball. I've seen it since ive been alive and since he was created. NOT for a Finale in 2007. I dont want to see the hulk punch water. I dont want to see the hulk fight Rocks or the Rain. I want hulk to FIGHT.

The only thing I disagree with Emerald Beast on was the growing of the hulk. I liked that aspect because the hulk grows in the comic books and its a good correlation to have. HOWEVER, I also like what emerald proposed in that having characters of normal stature beating things of gigantic stature is a plus. I dont think he ever got KONG size hahaha...If he had I probably would have had a problem. So i guess i dont disagree after all lol....well kinda. lata~

also, the post was more about the trailer being in germany at a toy fair and worry over the release and marketing, but It's always fun to talk about the hulk.

also, the post was more about the trailer being in germany at a toy fair and worry over the release and marketing, but It's always fun to talk about the hulk.
Don't worry as it's my thread, lol. Anyway, debating is all in good spirit and fun. Alot of people say I'm biased towards this movie, lol. I am just a positive person and like to look on the bright side of everything. I don't like when people attack just to generate an arguementative posts because they're bored or whatever. I had one tell me " okay, now go on with one of my EB rants" LMAO, I think the forums are hilarious at times. Now The Official TIH Trailer will be released after the New York Toy Fair in my opinion. The reason I believe this is being that New York is the media capitol of the world and the final battle takes in that very city. I will give a detailed account of the trailer, more so than the AICN guy.

Don't worry as it's my thread, lol. Anyway, debating is all in good spirit and fun. Alot of people say I'm biased towards this movie, lol. I am just a positive person and like to look on the bright side of everything. I don't like when people attack just to generate an arguementative posts because they're bored or whatever. I had one tell me " okay, now go on with one of my EB rants" LMAO, I think the forums are hilarious at times. Now The Official TIH Trailer will be released after the New York Toy Fair in my opinion. The reason I believe this is being that New York is the media capitol of the world and the final battle takes in that very city. I will give a detailed account of the trailer, more so than the AICN guy.
You're up late :cool: Looking forward to that trailer I really hope it finds it way online next week. I wanna see it for myself

You're up late :cool: Looking forward to that trailer I really hope it finds it way online next week. I wanna see it for myself
I stay up pretty late hoping to catch people on line to kinda chat with. This is my most anticipated movie ever. I am a proud contributor, but a fan first. I get my sources directly from the makers of the film. So I leave no real room for speculation.

Is there any word of anyone else having seeing this trailer apart from that one German guy?
Is there anyone checking German blogs... Can't be just one guy saw it !!!

Just a quick question....

Have they ever in the history of movie making came out with toys for a specific movie before the trailer for that same movie?

Maybe they have, and I just didnt notice before, or wasnt as excited about that movie as I am this one since the Hulk is my favorite comic book character.

Yes, practically every single one :)

Last year? Spiderman 3, Transformers, etc

I'm still confused as to why Marvel would debut trailers at toy conventions and not make an announcement to the public as to when it will officially debut. Does anyone else find this strange?

It's been done before. The one that comes to mind is the "Back in black" trailer for revenge of the Sith, that one licensees saw that before anybody else saw anything.

I'm still confused as to why Marvel would debut trailers at toy conventions and not make an announcement to the public as to when it will officially debut. Does anyone else find this strange?
Everything marketing wise about this movie is strange.

It's been done before. The one that comes to mind is the "Back in black" trailer for revenge of the Sith, that one licensees saw that before anybody else saw anything.

Really? I didn't know that. Interesting strategy.

I stay up pretty late hoping to catch people on line to kinda chat with. This is my most anticipated movie ever. I am a proud contributor, but a fan first. I get my sources directly from the makers of the film. So I leave no real room for speculation.
the last time i heard this was when a fan who knew doug jones ( silver surfer) was fighting with me that SS is real and tha ttehre was no motion tracking dots on the suit.

yet when teh dvd was realesed we saw doug jones in a suit that looked nothing like silver with red dots. it was for motion tracking and yes tehre was a lot for CGI SS in the movie.

the last time i heard this was when a fan who knew doug jones ( silver surfer) was fighting with me that SS is real and tha ttehre was no motion tracking dots on the suit.

yet when teh dvd was realesed we saw doug jones in a suit that looked nothing like silver with red dots. it was for motion tracking and yes tehre was a lot for CGI SS in the movie.

EmeraldBeast has shown himself to be more reliable than that.

Just got back from seeing Jumper. No Hulk trailer with it. Had Indiana Jones though.
Come on Marvel/Universal give us something. :bh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back