The Official Toy Fair 2008 Thread

If the wave line up for six is that theres not many surprises in store since w3e have seen most of them and prob means we will see the twins in a box set this year as well. But wolfsbane and warpath will be welcome additions. X-force set completed

I am really looking forward to seeing more of the Princess Bride stuff from neca....

For me its: Hulk, anything Marvel, Batman, Ben 10 andmore HULK!

Ben 10? wow... that speaks wonders about you

Haha, A your mom joke? that's great kid.

I could leave you all in the Dark.....or I could show some info from the usually crao filled Toy Fair UK.....something small and crumby to lead up to Toy Fair NY......but there is something nice in here....

Hasbro UK is probably getting a fraction of the Marvel product that the US will be getting, but the UK is still gonna get flooded with marvel product this year...

Marvel's elite characters will be hitting the big screen in 2008 with 'Iron Man' making his film debut in May and 'The INcredible Hulk' smashing his way into the cinemas nationwide in June. There will also be a great new range of toys from your friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man and the rest of the awesom Marvel Heroes.

The first big movie release of the year is Iron Man with his heart of steel. Kids can become Iron Man with the 'Mask & Guantlet' by wearing on the iconic red and gold mask and slipping on the gauntlet that shoots repulsor discs. kids can continue their fight justice with the NRF 425 Blaster that shoots rapid-fire Nerf suction darts. There will also be a range of awesome action figures that are based on the movie, including the Invincible Iron Man that comes with cool lights and sounds.

The Incredible Hulk releases this year with a great new set of action figures, vehicles and role play toys. Kids can become the Hulk with the super sized Gamma Rage SMASH Hands that include smash and bash sound effects and the amazing Gamma Rage Mask with green eyes that light up. The major launch for Autumn / Winter is the Smashin Stimpin Electronic Hulk with light up green eyes, smashing sounds and shouts the legendary phrase "You're making me angry"

Marvel's favorite webslinger is back with new heroes and villains action figures and an all new spinning Deluxe Web Blaster that comes complete with a cool Spider-Man mask. Kids can also make Spidey come alive with the all-new remote controlled Amazing Spider-Man Wallcrawler. This awesome figure defies gravity and does only what Spider-Man can do - crawl up walls! The figure comes with an infrared remote control that straps on to kids wrists and makes cool web-sliniging sounds and Spidey phrases.

This spring will also see the release of the action figures from the all new Spectacular Spider-Man animation series and a range of Zoom 'n Go vehicles

Hasbro will once more be bringing out the ever popular Super Hero Squad Packs so kids can collect all of their favourite Marvel heroes. There will be a range of packs such as Spider-Man and Hulk playset with vehicle, the mega pack and single packs

When it comes to superheroes kids will be spoilt for choice and 2008 is sure to be a Marvel-ous year!

Product
Iron Man Movie Action Figures £7.99
Air Strike Iron Man £24.99
Invincible Iron Man £29.99
Iron Man Mask & Repulsor Gauntlet £19.99
Iron Man NRF 425 Blaster £24.99
Iron Man Sports Car & Figure £19.99

Hulk Action Figures £7.99
Hulk Deluxe Figures £12.99
Hulk Legends Build A Figure £9.99
Hulk Battle Action Figure £12.99
Hulk Electronic Smashin's Stompin Hulk £24.99
Hulk Smash Hands £19.99
Hulk Power Glow Mask £14.99
Hulk Zoom 'n Go £9.99

Spider-Man Hero & Villain Action Figures £7.99
Spider_Man Super Action Figures (10") £12.99
Amazing Spider-Man Webcrawler £49.99
Spider-Man Spectacular Animated Figures £7.99
Spider-Man Zoom 'n Go Vehicles £9.99
Spider-Man Webworld Racers £9.99
Spider-Man Deluxe Web Blaster Role with Mask £19.99

Marvel Superhero Squad 2 pack £5.99
Marvel Superhero Squad Theme 4 Pack £9.99
Marvel Superhero Squad Mega Pack £9.99

Get a Load of the price Point on Hulk BAF ML....isn't that like....$20 USD?

Now I can't tell the difference between the various Hulk artists so I have no idea but they did look very like those Hulk protoypes that turned up a few weeks back and were all over the internet. Personally, for me they reminded me more of the Hulk from series 1 of ToyBiz's Marvel Legends, but then remember my limited Marvel knowledge means I know only a couple of different Hulk styles.

One I was shown had a thunderclap feature and I presume that the other figures in the line have very similar action features. I did notice one that came with a 4" or so Edward Norton figure, and reminded me of the old Hulk Movie figures

Hulk will also get some Superhero Squad figures. Now unfortunately Hasbro has a new brand manager and his Marvel knowledge is worse than mine but I did manage to inform him that the Hulk in the gladiatorial outfit was Planet Hulk. Yes, I know... me giving people advice on Marvel character names! I should have told him it was called Lomos (that joke will probably be only got by the Fwoosh guys).

They also had the Hulk Legends figures on display, and these look particularly nice. They seemed oversized but that might have been because they were protoypes. So I asked names and no-one knew (I mean face it, if I have to tell someone the name of a character, you know we're in trouble here). So I made them grab the packaging and turn it around to try and match the figures up to names

The ones on display were Hulk: the End, Wendigo and another strange character. The brand manager suggested I call him Orange Guy... I told him I didn't think that would wash with you guys but you lot have Nomad to thank as a late night IM with him helped identify him as Bi-Beast. There's more in the line but they weren't on display.

Each of the figures comes with a part of Fing Fang Foom and the one they had on display (minus head) was over 12" tall (but again this might be an oversized protoype)

And yes there's loads of other Hulk figures they were trying to demonstrate the action features for, but I think for most of our readers it'll be the Movie line (which you might think a little small as Hulk needs to be oversized) and definitely the Hulk Legends line which looked better quality than a lot of the Marvel Legends releases.

So....Wendigo is still in...as is Hulk: The End...I thought he'da been one to get cut....But Wendigo Sweet....Plus The Foomer is seen...so we will definetally see some pics of the Foomer and NYTF.....And Likely the rest of the Hulk Waves.....What ever will SK talk about now?

But 12 inches....12 inches before the neck?....too small for the foom...but I'll take it.....I think that's actually bigger then I expected.

So Hasbro was not letting the press see one of their major lines at the UK ToyFair this year. Can you guess which one it was? It might surprise you...

One of the frustrations of the UK ToyFair is that they're not set up to handle collector media. I was telling one PR person at another company today how what I need was shots of every figure in a wave not just a picture of one figure from an entire line, and frankly got met with blank looks.

Part of the problem is that they believe collectors are a minority in the industry, when as we know the reality is very different. And to be honest, I think that reality scares some of them.

I like Hasbro UK's PR company, they're nice, they're helpful but they have their hands tied. If you go to the Hasbro showroom, it's a strictly no photography affair but worse still because Hasbro US are not releasing press images before the US ToyFair, it's impossible to produce a press CD in it's place.

So instead I get to go round, see product, take notes and report it back to you. It's not ideal, but it's better than nothing. And so over the coming days I'll be telling you about Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Marvel Legends and more.

Now occasionally, with a major movie release, I'm not allowed to even see product. Last year Ghost Rider and Fantastic Four meant Marvel was locked away from press even looking at, but this year the line what was off limits was surprising.

Who guessed Indiana Jones?

You're wrong!

This year, the line off limits to the press was Star Wars.

I couldn't see the logic in this, and so a bit of probing, I got to the bottom of this.

It seems that Clone Wars is going to be big in 2008, and Lucasfilm wants to keep a lot of it hush hush. I don't know much about the Hasbro product, but I do know a bit about Clone Wars.

You all know about the Clone Wars animated Series coming out, right? Well it's hitting this September, and will kick off (in the UK at least) with a cinematic release of the first 3 episodes (note this was confirmed by a couple of Star Wars licensees other than Hasbro). The rest of the episodes will then come out on a yet undecided TV channel.

As to what product Hasbro has locked away in that room, I have no idea, but it looks like 2008 could be a big year for Star Wars with the brand returning to movie theatres once again.

Have you guys seen the nuts new Clone Wars Show's promos yet? It's Nuts.

My problem with a show like this is you know for sure who`s not going to die...and have a decent chance of knowing who will.

2007 was a hugely successful year for Transformers, with a blockbuster movie supporting an ever popular toy range. 2008 is set to be just as exciting with the release of the new Transformers: Animated series. Hitting TV screens from march, it's a great twist to the classic story of the "robots in disguise"

Transformers will be exploding into living rooms across the country with the all-new Transformers: Animated series set to launch this Easter. featuring on Nickleodeon, fans everywhere will be treated with the next generation of the popular struggle between the Autobots and the Decepticons. The series will be supported by a whole new range of action figures in the style of the new cartoon with some familiar faces such as Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and Megatron. The full toy line will be available mid year.

Transformers: Animated is a high-octane, animated action-adventure series based on the beloved 1980s 'robots in disguise' of toy and cartoon fame. The Autobots continue their battle against the Decepticons on Earth and this time they have human friends to help them in the search for the AllSpark, such as their energetic 8-year-old guide, Suri Sumdac.

Also launching this Autumn / Winter is the Universe Toy Range which is set to capture the classic Transformers styling, going back to Generation 1 and the Beast Wars, bringing back your favourite characters to excite and inspire a new generation of Transformer fans.

2008 is going to be another big year for the 'robots in disguise' and fans are going to be with them every step of the way!

New Products Include:
Transformers AllSpark Blasters - £19.99
Movie Screen battles - £19.99
Legends AllSpark Battle Packs £5.99
Animated Range - £4.99 - £49.99
Universe Range - £2.99 - £39.99

and of course...some pics can be seen

http://74.52.193.82/events/main.php?g2_itemId=89541

Get a Load of the price Point on Hulk BAF ML....isn't that like....$20 USD?

Rough thats how much all our legends are across here when they come out.
So no surprise.

But good find on the information

Haters maybe?

But I really dont give a ****, I just wanna talk about figures.

Dude that clone wars Tralier blew me away.Besides that Neca's Turtles continue to look awesome.Also Those Kotobukiya Star wars Figs look incredible.I have to have them.

Thats great.

You mom speaks wonders about me also.

just wanna talk about figs? there was no need for that post was there?

that is a perfect example of why people dont get on with you.

you could of ignored that, or even replied with some fun, but no. you take it as an insult.

were these posted yet?
HML08Hulks.jpg

also that isnt the foom we will see,thats a custom by a guy at fwoosh named cal,they havent shown the official foom yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"