The Official Trailer #2 Discussion Thread.

Discussion in 'Transformers' started by SuperJediHero, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

I must say that when i first read about that little bit i was a bit '...meh' about it but now i'm actually quite curious about how a 360 & a Ipod would look as a Transformer.

2. kamaldhamal2007 Registered

ay PS3 can be on deception side and XBOX 360 on autobots side.

I would like to see XBOX 360 annihilate PS3.

3. Theweepeople Registered

I was optimistic about this film until I came across this review.

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:aj4wLXsA_tMJ:www.therossman.com/rrr/other/tfscript.html+transformers+script+gets+bad+reviews&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=2

If no changes were made to the leaked script that corrected all of this crap then most of the excitement I got from watching that cool trailer will fade away. I wonder if the suits in Japan are responsible for the terrible dialogue in this film. The Japanese have a history of producing films with terrible dialogue. If you don't believe me then watch the following mystery science theater 3000 episode:

The Prince of Space

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOWt77-OmsM

4. The Lizard Didn't eat Billy

That Transformers script does sound like garbage, but I don't know where you got the idea that the Japanese have anything to do with it. All the stupidity described in that script review is typical 100% American crap writing.

5. 3 Dev Adam I AM THE GREEN VENOM!

He's reviewing the first script. They made a revision since then.

6. cryptic name No Limits

but judging from the trailer and leaked production photos and set pics, the script has not changed much.

7. Substance D Registered

That guy sounds like a whiney, upset fanboy. Hmm, resembles CFlash's writing style. Wonder if there's a connection?

8. CFlash Registered

That's more like the 3rd or 4th revision. The script was originally written by John Rogers (the guy that wrote the script for Catwoman... yes, him) and "touched up" by Orci and Kurtzman.

Orci and Kurtzman seem to have a good head on their shoulders.... but with Michael Bay breathing down their necks to gee-whiz the script there's no telling how bad it'll be in the end. I'm thinking the final product will probably be WORSE than the leaked script.

9. CFlash Registered

You're a studio plant, D-for-Don Murphy,.... and you know it.

10. Vaportrail Oh, shock!

Give me an unbiased account of events as listed in the script, then post thoughts on it and then I'll possibly give him the time of day and maybe even believe him.

Til then.. meh. Go eat more sugar or something. It seems like I'd be in a lonely place if I got that upset over a script for a movie I didn't work on.

-Vaportrail

11. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

How the hell do you guys know the script has been revised 3-4 times since the one we got?

I'm a fan-boy myself, but i must say, all this talk of script revisions is nothing more than wishful fan-boy thinking. I remember reading the same things about the Batman Begins leaked script, almost a year and a half before the movie came out, and the script ended up being 98% accurate to what we got on screen. The difference:The BB script was awesome and the TF one is iffy...but i highly doubt they've changed ANYTHING, unless there's concrete proof of it being so....

....now if you guys are using the two writers Q&A statement a while ago about Megs and Starscreams classic rivaly remaining in tact for the film (it's non-existant in the script) as indicator as to whether or not there actually has been revisions...then i say your placing your hopes in the wrong hands.....

12. 3 Dev Adam I AM THE GREEN VENOM!

Because Bay said so on one of his video diaries. And so's the writers. It's not clear WHAT was revised, but it was revised at least twice.

13. 3 Dev Adam I AM THE GREEN VENOM!

14. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

Well i think ONE of the revisions is that they changed the script title from PRIME OBJECTIVE to TRANSFORMERS. :whatever:

15. nosebleed. Registered

There are more American movies on MST than old corny Japanese ones...what's your point? That's an old dubbed Japanese movie. Your points are ridiculous.

16. Spark Registered

Yeah, I don't remember the link but one of the writers said they were stilll working on lines and new scenes. The set pics with Lennox on an AWACS seemingly back that up.

I don't remember that Voight scene in the script either.

Although as Golgo pointed out, I don't think the changes will have been huge. As long as the TFs get more lines (especially the Cons) they'll be headed in the right direction at least.

17. CherryRedSpider Shut your yap!

Yeah, Voight's scene is in the script. They describe Blackout's (Vortex) sound as an unearthly shriek.

[BLACKOUT]It's after the Bumble Bee/Bernie Mac part[/BLACKOUT]

18. Spark Registered

Oh yeah. I imagined a less grandious scene for some reason.

19. user123456789 Registered

wtf

wtf

wtf

wtf?????!?!?!?!?

"Prime and Megatron are brothers"

20. user123456789 Registered

someone do it!

21. CFlash Registered

Yes, they're brothers. And there's a lot more things he left out in that pretty on-point review that bothered me... like TF's being susceptible to human weapons.

My favorite part of the review was this:
    [Megatron] soon thaws... and meets up with the rest of the Decepticons (Starscream, Devastator [a tank?!], Brawl, Soundwave, and some other second fiddle characters that never made an impression on me in the original cartoon).

Well, Soundwave and Devastator have been renamed. So pretty much the only recognizable Decepticons (in terms of pop culture) are Megatron and Starscream. The others are simply zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... second fiddle nobodies. IMHO the biggest mistake was leaving out Soundwave, Ravage(!), Lazerbeak, etc, and Starscream's comrades (Thundercracker and Skywarp).

22. I can't wait for this movie to come out!

23. Theweepeople Registered

I can't believe the phrase "More than Meets the Eye" was stated 25 times in the script. When I think about the G1 transformers pilot episodes the phrase was stated only 2 times during the intro theme for all 3 episodes!!!!

24. 3 Dev Adam I AM THE GREEN VENOM!

Well, all Transformers were created by the AllSpark, so they're related. Maybe that's what they mean by "brothers".

And no, the phrase "More than meets the eye" only appears three times on the first script.

25. Dotten Registered

According to Rogers, who wrote the leaked script, about 50% is changed, if I remember correctly in an older interview.