First Avenger The Official Trailer Discussion Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't want Atwell playing Sharon. Not that I don't like Atwell, just that the same actor playing two characters is... silly. Imagine if RDJ was playing Howard Stark in this.

Agreed.

I just realised how hearbreaking that scene at the end is going to be, when Cap falls. That scene alone I think is one thing that will set this film apart from all other Superhero films. We establish this character as a hero, a role he grows into, and then he loses everyone and everything he knows and loves. This will be such a great story, I can't wait.

I really wish the Avengers could wait a bit. I'd rather have Cap in WWII for two movies and then brought into the 21st century in the third. Actually, I'd rather have three movies set in WWII, but I know he's got to find his way to our time at some point.

As with everything that has been released for this film, the trailer has caused my excitement level to further rise. There's not much to be said that hasn't been said already (and yet, my post is a freakin essay :funny:), but I'll make a couple of personal notes. I think pre-serum Steve looks fantastic, and quite realistic. I'm really, really impressed with how he looks. And once again, I'm in awe of how jacked up Evans is. He's seriously tanked for this role. I'm a fan of the guy, I was really happy that he was cast, and I'm unsurprised by the fact that I really like what I'm seeing from him. Great choice, and I think he's going to rock it. A real, traditional hero.

Perhaps my favorite aspect of the trailer is that it beautifully captured the setting of the period. This was always one of my biggest draws (and reasons for high anticipation) to Cap, as I was so intrigued to see them do a superhero film set in WWII, provided that they utilized the historical culture to its full advantage. It seems that they are doing just that, as some of the imagery is a real treat. Seriously, from the few glimpses we've seen here, the production design rocks. Some really breathtaking shots, such as the registration office and 'Modern Marvels' exteriors, as well as the wonderful winter landscapes (Peggy in the car and Steve and company in the mountains), just to name a few. I can't wait to see more of the production elements for Hydra, as well as other environments of the period.

In terms of the little things, one of my favorite shots was when Stark pulls down the sunglasses after Steve's procedure; that is so Tony right there. With the stache and all, I actually think Cooper resembles RDJ enough that it should be really fun to see what he does with the role, and if a young Howard evokes some of the personality traits that we've already seen from his son. With Slattery, we had already crossed over into an older Howard, but here we get to have a little fun with a younger, hopefully Tony-like (to an extent) Howard. Aside from that, Tommy Lee Jones fits well, and its always nice to see him. Atwell is quite beautiful, and certainly fits the look of the period. We'll have to wait to see more from her though, as not much was showcased. Weaving, unfortunately, was barely present in the trailer, however, I don't think that's such a bad thing. Keep him a bit of a secret. Leave some mystery there. I have no doubt that he's going to be a scene-stealer, and I'm not really sure how much of him I want to see yet. And, as I'm sure many others have mentioned, the slightly slowed down shot of Cap and company busting into the factory (?) and shooting up the joint was freakin sweet. :woot:

My only slight complaint about the trailer has nothing to do with the film, but with the editing itself. Just a minor quibble regarding Tommy Lee Jones' voice over that seemed to go on for a bit too long while we got shots of Steve undergoing the super soldier process. His words kind of got drowned out after a while of not seeing him speak them. But again, a minuscule complaint. This functioned very much like a teaser (albeit extended), so I expect we'll probably see another full-length trailer before the release. Kinda like how Thor's first trailer could technically be considered a theatrical trailer, yet it functioned very much as a teaser.

Anyhow, as I always was, I'm looking forward to this film more than both Thor and GL, and I really, really can't wait to see it. I hope it delivers. :up: :up:

Just occurred to me, that one of the most important players in the film has yet to be featured...or widely mentioned.............The Cosmic Cube.
I'm assuming that it is the straw that stirs the drink here in that it "creates" The Red Skull, both his visage and the overwhelming threat he and HYDRA pose to the world. A threat that perhaps surpasses the AXIS powers.
Will the next trailer focus on the immense power of the cube?

Sigh! Its been confirmed over and over what the redskulls origins are in this movie and it has nothing to do with the cosmic cube...

Sigh! Its been confirmed over and over what the redskulls origins are in this movie and it has nothing to do with the cosmic cube...

What then?:huh:

We have a still of him holding the cube, a scene in the trailer that is widely believed to be his discovery of the cube, and a peice of hardware/tech that contains the cube.

What then?:huh:

We have a still of him holding the cube, a scene in the trailer that is widely believed to be his discovery of the cube, and a peice of hardware/tech that contains the cube.

I think what he was so nicely trying to point out :-)o)was that
Red Skull gets turned into his Red Skull form by a German version of the super-soldier serum, not the Cube.

I think what he was so nicely trying to point out :-)o)was that
Red Skull gets turned into his Red Skull form by a German version of the super-soldier serum, not the Cube.

Yep and in the comics put out by marvel its made to suggest that:

the serum is the prototype. The scientist in america who makes captain is the guy whose serum is used on Johann yet it wasn't ready so it messed him up a little, hence making the red skull. The reason he wants to make an american version is because he feels a responsibility to make the wrong things right etc...Captain America is the only one who it works perfect on, the next is Johann.

Thanks, didn't know that was confirmed. Thought disfigured by the cube was still in the running.

However I would still say that the cube will be instrumental in his rise to power.

wonder if the trailers gonna be with Sucker Punch? almost hope not considering the reviews that flick is getting. lol. i always thought the movie looked terrible but apparantly its a total piece of crap. now im slightly worried about Superman. but i think Donner will keep Snyder in check

Thanks, didn't know that was confirmed. Thought disfigured by the cube was still in the running.

However I would still say that the cube will be instrumental in his rise to power.

That's entirely possible.

Saw the trailer, loved it. I had a feeling this one would be good, and it seems it is surpassing my expectations.

Question though. What are they doing with Red Skull, is he going to be a combo of all the Red Skulls in the past? Or are they sticking with a certain version of him?

Saw the trailer, loved it. I had a feeling this one would be good, and it seems it is surpassing my expectations.

Question though. What are they doing with Red Skull, is he going to be a combo of all the Red Skulls in the past? Or are they sticking with a certain version of him?

Looks like the version where the skull is his face due to the side effect from the serum they tried to use on him.

Looks like the version where the skull is his face due to the side effect from the serum they tried to use on him.

I'm not as versed with Captain America as I am with others, but will that mean he is slightly more powerful then? I remember a version where he really had no super powers or strengths, he was just a smart leader, kinda like Doom.

So he takes some perversed version of the super serum and it turns him like that eh? Cool.

My friend who works at the movies said he saw the trailer and said it looks good. And they're playing this with Sucker Punch today so all is well.

An impressive trailer. This is going to be a fun summer to be a comic book fan.

wonder if the trailers gonna be with Sucker Punch? almost hope not considering the reviews that flick is getting. lol. i always thought the movie looked terrible but apparantly its a total piece of crap. now im slightly worried about Superman. but i think Donner will keep Snyder in check

Donner? I think you meant Nolan.

Because of the "losers" bringing me "down man" and the lame reasons ... 10

WOW, I'm having high expectations ... AVENGERS LOOKING LIKE EPIKWYN

Glad I read this before voting!

I don't know why some people take it so personally when others don't fall hopelesssly in love with everything about the movie. Everyone has a different opinion, there are no wrong ones.

8/10 It was an almost perfect trailer and I'm sure the next one will be perfect.

I don't know why some people take it so personally when others don't fall hopelesssly in love with everything about the movie. Everyone has a different opinion, there are no wrong ones.

I agree. It bothers me more when they express their opinion w/o elaborating on it.

If you think the trailer sucks or is meh then fine but I'd prefer to try to understand HOW they arrived at that opinion.

It would stimulate debate and conversation yes, but it's no different for someone to go YAY about the trailer and not say why, as it is for someone to go 'meh' and give no reasons.

Some people like, some people don't. Don't let it bother you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"