First Avenger The Official Trailer Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Only 4 more days until the trailer hits.

Are there any scenes in particular you want to see?

Discuss. :cap:

I want to see some acrobatics and at least one shield throw in the first full trailer.

Well that's a given. Even if it's saved for like the end shot, I'd be happy.

I'm hoping the trailer starts out sort of how the spot did. Perhaps show Steve getting bullied, maybe a quick shot of him and Bucky "growing up" then Steve getting rejected from the Army and approached by Erskine after. A quick explanation of what the serum can do for him, and why he chose Steve "the be a good man line."

Montage of him in the Rebirth chamber, coming out. Then the stuff about him getting the shield, and Peggy firing at him. I'd say after that, either show some of Red Skulls plan, or Cap going to rescue Bucky and Co. from the Hydra facility.

We can almost guarantee they'll want to show Weaving in the preview, so perhaps we'll get a glimpse of him holding the cube, then heres hoping another shot of Skull.

Those are just a few ideas I had.

I'ld like to get some quotes in like the Comic Con trailer we never got to see.

I also would like to see a bit of Captain America fighting in the old newsreels.

I would love to see a scene with Cap using his shield to block the brunt of a hand grenade or RPG explosion (sending Cap flying backwards only to get up in relatively good condition).

I would also like to see a few scenes of Cap fighting "hand to hand" with a couple of Hydra soldiers.

Last edited:
high expectations for this trailer, if they do it right this movie will pull of one of the most hype movie of the year

Scenes I want to see? I want to see Steve Rogers pinching a topless Peggy Carter's boobs after she pinches his pecs and asking how she feels.

I want to see cap doing some acrobatics( swinging from poles and flipping) and seeing some of the fight choreography. Also red skull delivering a line of dialogue. Of course cap throwing his shield to:awesome:

More Red Skull / Shield-throwing / A glimpse of USO 616 Classic Costume / Bucky / HAIL HYDRA! = win!

Is it confirmed we're getting one?

I want to hear someone say.."Captain America".

Only 4 more days until the trailer hits.

Are there any scenes in particular you want to see?

Discuss. :cap:

The scene where his his suit accidentally gets set on fire and he's forced to wear something that doesn't look like a padded quilt. :woot:

Tsk tsk Rock. You show up and this thread comes to a screeching halt. Anyways, I want more Red Skull with and without mask and Cap displaying some crazy feats for sure.

Whoah! This is news to me! MvC3 & full Cap trailer in one week? Yes please!

Now that i think about it it may be a bit early but I would like to see a glimpse of some of the darker more dramatic moments of the film.

Specially with evans ,delivering maybe a speech or a reaction to something really bad that happens. i just want to see evans intensity in a very dramatic scene.

I really hope we get it this week. As long as we get more than a 30-second TV spot, something that actually gives us a sense of the film's overall tone (and that tone isn't "cheesefest"), I'll be happy.

Last edited:
I really hope we get it this week. As long as we get more than a 30-second TV spot, something that actually gives us a sense of the film's overall tone (and that tone isn't "cheesefest"), I'll be happy.

are you worried it will be?

are you worried it will be?
I feel like when you're dealing with such an old-fashioned, earnest character like Cap and a "comic book version" of the 1940's, that's probably the biggest risk. But no, I have faith in the people involved to get it right for a modern audience. Basically what I was trying to say was that from the trailer, I just want to get a sense of, and actually like, the tone of the film, whatever it may be. And I'm confident that I will. :up:

I just want to be surprised.

Id like a serious and dark tone, with some good dialogue and then some AMAZING action moments, showing how powerfull Cap can be.

I want Red Skull, some scene with Steve Rogers before the experiment and many war scene.

More Red Skull / Shield-throwing / A glimpse of USO 616 Classic Costume / Bucky / HAIL HYDRA! = win!

Is this what you're wanting to see in the trailer, RIM, or what we will most likely see? (you seem like the pretty reliable, in-the-know-guy) :)

This

Funniest comment of the day :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Thanks man. Just wanting a little Hydra uniform and logo badge of my own. lol

As far as what I want to see in the trailer. I would like to see some lines from Hugo as the unmasked Red Skull.

Is this what you're wanting to see in the trailer, RIM, or what we will most likely see? (you seem like the pretty reliable, in-the-know-guy) :)
I've seen a lot of stuff, but not video-wise (more like concepts & stills). But as you, I hope that it all gets to shine in the first official trailer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"