The Official Transformers 3 'RATE & REVIEW' thread

Discussion in 'Transformers: Dark of the Moon' started by Marvin, May 14, 2011.

1. Marvin

Marvin Well-Known Member

Hey folks, looks like the first reviews(press or otherwise) will start rolling out in the next few weeks seeing as the film is mostly complete.

Our first review comes from one of those skeptics at Aint It Cool. By guess, this is safe for spoilers. (if you're going to post a review with spoilers please give a heads up, judging by the trailers Paramount doesn't want anything slipping)

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/49648

2. MessiahDecoy123

MessiahDecoy123 Psychological Anarchist

Capone isn't a skeptic.

He enjoyed the first Bayformer movie and never liked the source material. He has low standards for TF movies. He feels the franchise doesn't deserve anything more than big loud explosions.

Here's his review of Bayformers 1:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33218

3. Marvin

Marvin Well-Known Member

Capone is what he is, I was referring vibe of that site as a whole. I do go there to hear good things about any thing TF, weather it be the writers or talkbackers.

my mistake.
    (even skeptics love the first TF movie)

4. terry78

terry78 I hanker fer a hunka cheese

See, I like that part, with humans actually being in danger this time around as opposed to just being screaming extras.

5. J.Howlett

J.Howlett Guest

So, let me get this right...

The Seekers were sent through out the galaxy to find the All Spark for the Fallen, with Megatron actually finding it. The Fallen wanted the All Spark because it held the location of the Matrix of Leadership, which was the key to the Sun Harvesters that would create Energon that would help him and the Decepticons not only enslave worlds, but help to also rebuild their beloved Cybertron.

But for the Autobots, Sentinal Prime also had a way to rebuild their home and save their race with this new technology...but he unfortunately crashed on the Moon. From that time forward, the government knew of this technology and secretly kept it from the Autobots....

Do I have the three films pretty much locked down?

6. Passdom

Passdom Well-Known Member

Its worth noting that Capone hated ROTF

Pretty Much

7. J.Howlett

J.Howlett Guest

Sentinal Prime, I'm guessing since I haven't been following spoilers on this film, isn't one of the original 12 Primes. He essentially was the first leader of the Autobots, as the war began over the All Spark with the Decepticons, led by Megatron (who's really working for the Fallen).

Optimus Prime became the leader of the Autobots after Sentinal Prime became lost to them.

8. Marvin

Marvin Well-Known Member

Yea I'm guessing issue of leadership should be a good cause of friction between them.

9. kickass

kickass Well-Known Member

Amazing!

10. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Good review.

So I take it The Twins are back?

11. Marvin

Marvin Well-Known Member

not sure where it says that?

12. Mr. Para-Normal

Mr. Para-Normal Well-Known Member

Sadly the twins are back but he says they are toned down. Its in the review somewhere. Anyway, that review made me excited to see it. I have faith that dark of the moon with make up for Revenge of the Fallen and be on par with TF 1 or better than TF 1.

I know this is weird but anyone know if that are going to explain what happened to Sam and Mikalah (Megan Fox). They need to have at least one line of dialouge saying something about why they broke up or something. It just seems weird not to say anything considering they were doing well at the end of Revenge of the Fallen.

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  13. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

Unless hes talking about Brains and Wheelie.

14. Marvin

Marvin Well-Known Member

until I see the twins myself, I'll weigh that with what bay and nelson are saying over on their end.

so ya, probably the really small robots from the comicbook adaptation.

But even if the twins are back, I've seen characters just as "Bad" in pixar and dreamworks films, they're only as bad as hyperbole will allow.

15. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

They are not in it for sure. He must have been talking about Wheelie and Brains. Just read this.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers...icial-word---the-twins-are-not-in-tf3-172157/

Edit:
    Also Capone updated his review.

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  16. Marvin

Marvin Well-Known Member

Like all the non stop (good) news about this project that has been released over the past year.

I'm that will be ignored as well.

I find it interesting that there wasn't an embargo on this, another sign.

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  17. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Capones "review" sounds like a review from a PLANT to me.

The film is good because of cities being destroyed in the classic over the top Bay style? Oy vey!

:doh:

18. kickass

kickass Well-Known Member

Is that the only good thing you got out of that review? Did you just read one paragraph?

19. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

I think there is more to Capones review then that, but Robots blowing up cities is awesome, how would that make him plant if he thought thats the only reason why its good haha. Thats the main reason Im seeing that flick. I want to see skyskrapers ripped in half by a giant decepticon. Dont see that everyday.

Seriously, I really do hope this flick has more time for the bots and less for humans. Just watched ROTF again and no one gets screen time besides The Twins, Optimus (gone half the movie) and Jet Fire.

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  20. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Meh. Expect more of the same from a Bay Transformer film. Lousy diologe, over the top, waaaaay to loud action, and fluf.

Once again....the movie is "good" because cities get destroyed?? Count me as one of the many that is glad this will be Bays last Transformer film!

:doh:

21. def28

def28 Well-Known Member

I actually think the first one is a solid flick overall. Everyline in ROTF is trying hard to be a joke and after 2 hours and 30 min it gets old and tired very quick. Theres just nothing going on worth caring about in ROTF. I still enjoy it on certain parts (Forrest scene,Sideswipe) but its a bad movie.

By the sounds of his review sounds like some of those elements are there but, not as much as TF2. Its a good review overall for the film, not just cause the film blows everything up.

22. Marvin

Marvin Well-Known Member

If I recall, he said he likes it because of said things, someone else could have just as easily said it's good because they get to see their favorite actor and so fourth.

I for one enjoy conspirisy americana. but you're right if you're so sure you're not going to like the film you haven't seen, no use seeing it.