The Official Trophies Thread!!!

Just picked up the Plat in The Walking Dead. No words.

Finally finished the plat for Mass Effect 1, that was a looonng freakin' one. Gah. Puts me up to 55. Now I can take a break on trophy hunting and enjoy the story of Mass Effect 2 (that makes things a lot clearer) before I finish up ME3.

I got my new platinum with Lego: Lord of The Rings and I'm languishing on level 12. While on this level I think I got 5 platinums. It became so much harder to level up.

Getting all of the trophies for this game is quite fun. Really easy, but so fun.

Spider-jam.png

Far Cry 3 takes me to 52. No idea what I'll play next. Also passed the 5000 trophies barrier.

Congrats Electro :up:

I just picked up #40 with Hitman: Absolution, and I'm just about to hit 2500.

Do you guys try to platinum most of your games? I only do the XBox equivalent on my favourite series and otherwise straightforward games. Don't mind hard but hate glitchy, stupid or too heavily luck-based achievements. So on the others I'm happy with about 80% achievement completion.

Do you guys try to platinum most of your games? I only do the XBox equivalent on my favourite series and otherwise straightforward games. Don't mind hard but hate glitchy, stupid or too heavily luck-based achievements. So on the others I'm happy with about 80% achievement completion.
I used to but there are some I know I never will be able to so I don't bother. I do try to go after most of the manageable trophies though

It depends on the game. Like with GTA, its too much of a commitment for me, just in the single player alone, but even worse with the online stuff. Same thing with Arkham City and Asylum where its more frustrating to do the challenge maps, so I don't try. I just get what I can and try t enjoy the games because they are that good.

But in other games like Assassin's Creed 3 where you can get them all in one playthrough and not miss anything, it is definitely a major selling point for whether or not I'll even want to play the game. I'll played plenty of games just for the trophies, most of which I wouldn't even be interested in if they didn't have trophies.

I used to but there are some I know I never will be able to so I don't bother. I do try to go after most of the manageable trophies though
Ok that sounds exactly like me then.

It depends on the game. Like with GTA, its too much of a commitment for me, just in the single player alone, but even worse with the online stuff. Same thing with Arkham City and Asylum where its more frustrating to do the challenge maps, so I don't try. I just get what I can and try t enjoy the games because they are that good.

But in other games like Assassin's Creed 3 where you can get them all in one playthrough and not miss anything, it is definitely a major selling point for whether or not I'll even want to play the game. I'll played plenty of games just for the trophies, most of which I wouldn't even be interested in if they didn't have trophies.
Yes, I find getting achievements/trophies is a very fun macro game of its own and helps push me to make sure I've played every campaign game once at least. It's true also as if a game doesn't have any achievements I might be almost as happy watching someone else play it than get it for myself.

Did you complete the Assassin's Creeds? I got really pissed off with so many missable and annoying achievements in the 1st one but 2 was a really great game with much better achievements. Even the 100 collectible feathers wasn't too bad (although I did of course end up with 99 and had to do them all again). Then Brotherhood & Revelations have multiplayer achievments and for Brotherhood it is impossible even to find a game!

I got the platinum in all the AC games with trophies except 3. That game just isn't compelling enough for me to do all that collecting and grinding

I'm only missing Brotherhood because of the MP. They really scaled those trophies back in ACR and ACIII, which ended up being two of the very few games that I put in extended time in MP just for fun.

I do it if it looks fun and manageable. But when they infest the game with online trophies, like they're doing with Tomb Raider, then I don't even bother thinking about the platinum. I won't invest as much time as they want me to on the MP.
Then I just try to get what seems interesting, like collectables and beating it on harder difficulties.

Like others said, it completely depends. I like something that is balanced nicely while not going too overboard. I think online trophies are the dealbreaker most of the time. Relying on others to get your trophy is just annoying as bad place. But if it's a game that I've fallen in :hrt: with then I'll just tough it out (eg: Resident Evil 5, Red Dead Redemption, GTA IV, Skate 2). GTA IV was probably the biggest stretch for me (that was basically an entire month of online multiplayer spread out), or maybe Max Payne 3 because of the infamous New York Minute Hardcore Mode *shudders*

If it's just an annual rehash with a ton of online trophies added to it I might just pass. I'm having this issue with Black Ops II and I'm unsure if I'm gonna even go for that platinum even though I'd like that on my trophy resume. Eh, I've been on Mass Effect 3/Dead Space 3 at the moment anyways and I'll figure it out later.

I think at this point of time I'm past trying to platinum every game I get, because I have so many freakin' games, even still unopened. I just look at it as a chance to really completely explore the game in and out. I love that. Those platinums are the best when they present a good challenge in single player and maybe some multiplayer, but not asking you to do 4 playthroughs in single player and then 90 hours of multiplayer. It's like, get the f*** outta here. It seems like I've given Rockstar a pass more often than others with their games because I think they're games are top notch. They sometimes ask for a lot of SP and MP.

Last edited:
I'm only missing Brotherhood because of the MP. They really scaled those trophies back in ACR and ACIII, which ended up being two of the very few games that I put in extended time in MP just for fun.

I got the platinum in all the AC games with trophies except 3. That game just isn't compelling enough for me to do all that collecting and grinding
Is the ACIII multiplayer different to Revelations & Brotherhood?

I enjoyed playing Brotherhood multiplayer for a while but wouldn't go back to it regularly. For the sake of completion I might have to find some people who have the game on 360, that is if I can be bothered to get everything on single player. It's a franchise where Iconsidered trying to get 100% on all games but not sure if I'm going to do that or not.

I do it if it looks fun and manageable. But when they infest the game with online trophies, like they're doing with Tomb Raider, then I don't even bother thinking about the platinum. I won't invest as much time as they want me to on the MP.
Then I just try to get what seems interesting, like collectables and beating it on harder difficulties.
That Tomb Raider achievement about getting max rank in multiplayer really pissed me off. Of all the shooters this one is about as naturally single player as it gets.

Like others said, it completely depends. I like something that is balanced nicely while not going too overboard. I think online trophies are the dealbreaker most of the time. Relying on others to get your trophy is just annoying as bad place. But if it's a game that I've fallen in :hrt: with then I'll just tough it out (eg: Resident Evil 5, Red Dead Redemption, GTA IV, Skate 2). GTA IV was probably the biggest stretch for me, or maybe Max Payne 3 because of the infamous New York Minute Hardcore Mode *shudders*

If it's just an annual rehash with a ton of online trophies added to it I might just pass. I'm having this issue with Black Ops II and I'm unsure if I'm gonna even go for that platinum even though I'd like that on my trophy resume. Eh, I've been on Mass Effect 3/Dead Space 3 at the moment anyways and I'll figure it out later.

I think at this point of time I'm past trying to platinum every game I get, because I have so many freakin' games, even still unopened. I just look at it as a chance to really completely explore the game in and out. I love that. Those platinums are the best when they present a good challenge in single player and maybe some multiplayer, but not asking you to do 4 playthroughs in single player and then 90 hours of multiplayer. It's like, get the f*** outta here. It seems like I've given Rockstar a pass more often than others with their games because I think they're games are top notch. They sometimes ask for a lot of SP and MP.
The worst thing about the online achievements is that one day they will all be unobtainable. With the next gen here it is probably a matter of a few years before all the non peer to peer games will be affected by server closures.

How bad does Tomb Raider look? Sometimes max rank isn't as bad as it sounds. *goes to research Tomb Raider trophies*

As a sidenote, I prefer not to look up trophies before a game comes out, it's not gonna stop me from buying it but I guess it does make me decide, "To plat, or not to plat? That is thee question."

How bad does Tomb Raider look? Sometimes max rank isn't as bad as it sounds. *goes to research Tomb Raider trophies*

As a sidenote, I prefer not to look up trophies before a game comes out, it's not gonna stop me from buying it but I guess it does make me decide, "To plat, or not to plat? That is thee question."
It's Rank 50 so it will probably take a while and I don't know, it doesn't look awesome so far. It might be fun but even then I don't want to get to Rank 50 in every bloody game! That should be reserved for only the main proven multiplayer games.

The other multiplayer achievements don't seem too bad, there's just a lot of them.

It's Rank 50 so it will probably take a while and I don't know, it doesn't look awesome so far. It might be fun but even then I don't want to get to Rank 50 in every bloody game! That should be reserved for only the main proven multiplayer games.

The other multiplayer achievements don't seem too bad, there's just a lot of them.
That's why I really liked AC3's onloine trophies. The trophy was only for level 20, which was easily doable, especially since they added the Wolfpack mode that allowed you to basically play on your own.

Got my new Platinum with DmC: Devil May Cry. I'm still on the eternal level 12, but at least I'm 3% only away from the next one. Maybe I can get it with the trophies that came with the DLC.

Just reached Level 20 :)

No pictures, please *shields eyes*

So, bro and I got a new PS3. White 500GB.

At first his trophies were there, and then, so was his stuff on online storage via PS Plus.

So I re-install Aliens Colonial Marines...and while his trophies were there, not his game data. So exit out, and copied his old saved game data onto the new PS3. He's like a week behind now on where he was in the game. But now his trophies are gone. All. Of them. For the new Aliens game.

Do I even bother with the saved game data on the ext HDD if it's going to do this BS, or did I mess up somewhere?

And sadly I didn't get a warranty on the PS3, cause Gamestop never asked me for one. But we have a surge protector/back up battery, so I guess it's alright.

EDIT: Nevermind, his trophies are there now. Weird. Weird. However, I would liek some advice though. Do I still bother with saved game data from the Ext HDD?

Last edited:
Final got a chance to play Sleeping Dogs and just got the Platinum, which is number 41 for me. It also bumped me to level 18, with just under 2600 trophies.

Only have one trophy left for Amazing Spider-Man which is to unlock all concept art, I had no idea I was supposed to take a picture of every enemy what the heck?

But anyways, the game froze on me like 4 times last night, it was crazy. I haven't had freezing issues like that since Terminator Salvation. I might just try to delete the game data and reinstall but whatever. It'll be my 57th when I get it through.

Just got #42 with Far Cry 3. The hardest part was the Co-op trophies, since I got kicked out of online mode after I hit level 15. Luckily my CoD obsessed nephew was staying over for the week and helped me get them offline.

Only have one trophy left for Amazing Spider-Man which is to unlock all concept art, I had no idea I was supposed to take a picture of every enemy what the heck?

But anyways, the game froze on me like 4 times last night, it was crazy. I haven't had freezing issues like that since Terminator Salvation. I might just try to delete the game data and reinstall but whatever. It'll be my 57th when I get it through.
Yeah, I was surprised by that too, especially after spending a few days hunting all of the comics, I just wanted to be done with that game.

Yeah, I was surprised by that too, especially after spending a few days hunting all of the comics, I just wanted to be done with that game.
Same here, I love the game but 700 comics is ridiculous. It felt like I should have been done after 500 but no, still had 200 more. Where did that #700 come from?

Something else that happened is that I saved a few side missions for later and focused on the comics. What I didn't know is that comics were blocked by side mission icons on the map so when I got down to the last 2 comics I was searching a couple hours for 2, combing every grid on the map with no luck, said f*** it, I'll do it later and went to my first side mission symbol and saw it right around the same building. I was like, "You gotta be f***in' kidding me." The other one was at another side mission icon too. Sonsab****es.

:jedi

Last edited:
So who here has platinumed the MGS series? MGS3 was the only one I got. The others look very overwhelming

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"