The Official Trophies Thread!!!

those are like the easiest MP trophies to get. I don't see them as a big problem. The ones that require grinding are the worst. Like getting highest rank or X amount of kills

I don't know, I haven't really studied them all that much yet but from a few glances at them some will come through natural multiplayer/grinding and some others were pretty specific. It does seem more MP heavy than it should be, especially since it's not even a proven multiplayer yet. I don't know why these developers think they can put 50+ hours of MP content into a game that we're getting introduced to. Maybe if it's a hit you can give us that much content next time ;)
Totally agreed with this and the other comments on multiplayer trophies. A game's multiplayer should have to be of a certain certified standard before it can put in achievements that take a life age to complete. Max rank for eg only on the likes of Battlefield, not every crappy shooter out there. The worst ones are linked to finishing 1st on leaderboards or winning titles that only 1 person in the world can have at a time (Fight Night). Games like Tomb Raider should only include a multiplayer if it's of the same quality as the single player (which it seems it isn't at all). I usually buy all DLC for every top game to reward the developers further but might not here.. I'll at least put it off for as long as possible if I do eventually get it.

Jut picked up #43 with The Godfather 2. Not a bad game, reminded me of Mafia 2 and LA Noire.

Got my 58th with Sleeping Dogs a few days ago, whew. There was a lot to do in that game but I really enjoyed it. I got the DLC too which put a little extra time in. I saved my last trophy before platinum in the main game to be a martial arts club. I prefer the last trophies in platinum to be something fun.

Does anyone ever do that like me? :hehe: Save a specific trophy last (Maybe because it's more fun than other annoying trophies) before you hear all the other trophy dings stack on top of each other and the last one.

I remember saving a stunt jump in GTA IV before I got platinum in the game, it made it pretty fun so that I knew what was coming when I landed.

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time x2.

A fine game that really has no ambitions beyond that of its PS2 kin. The trophy list asks a little too much of you (opening the map in EVERY area is a drag), but the cross-play feature is realized better here than any game before it.

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time x2.

A fine game that really has no ambitions beyond that of its PS2 kin. The trophy list asks a little too much of you (opening the map in EVERY area is a drag), but the cross-play feature is realized better here than any game before it.
Wow, I'm actually working on this one right now as well. I just beat the story this morning and am going after all the collectibles now. I knew about the map thing and tried to do it during the story playthrough, but I kept forgetting to press Select until it was too late. :csad:

And I never played the original games when they were on the PS2, but I did rent the HD trilogy for a while and I don't really see any difference between them with this one. I got the Plat in the first one, but I got bored halfway into the second one so I never finished them up, but I think I might want to go back sometime in the near future.

Just finished Sly:ToT for my 44th Plat. Only played the PS3 version, but if I had a Vita, I would definitely check it out. I really hated the3 Arcade trophies though, the Sixasis one in particular.

It was the Alter Ego one I didn't like.

Finally got Sleeping Dogs! I dont know if there was a patch that since been released or its me playing on a new PS3, but that glitch that prevented me from getting all the cameras is gone and I got the platinum after playing again thanks to Plus. With that done, Ive gone back to ME3 and cleaning up my Insanity run

Really looking forward to Sleeping Dogs. How are the trophies on that?

Really looking forward to Sleeping Dogs. How are the trophies on that?
Fairly easy. Just time consuming as you will have to get all the collectibles and get gold in various stats but those arent hard, just will take some time as they amount to grinding. Good thing that the game is fun so getting the trophies doesnt feel like a chore. Also if and when you play it, I would advise against buying alot of things early on. Two of the trophies will require you to own all clothing and cars but towards the end of the game, you get discounts on these and you can even get outfits which further discount prices, which will make those trophies easier and faster to get

Fairly easy. Just time consuming as you will have to get all the collectibles and get gold in various stats but those arent hard, just will take some time as they amount to grinding. Good thing that the game is fun so getting the trophies doesnt feel like a chore. Also if and when you play it, I would advise against buying alot of things early on. Two of the trophies will require you to own all clothing and cars but towards the end of the game, you get discounts on these and you can even get outfits which further discount prices, which will make those trophies easier and faster to get
Ah sounds like something I can get everything on. I don't mind grinding if it's fun in an open world game where you can keep playing in character. Just hate missable collectibles. Thanks for the tip.

Soul Sacrifice platinumed. It is, in my opinion, far and away the best game on Vita, and the most enjoyable 60 hours I've had with a game in some time. It's a Monster Hunter clone stripped down to strategic boss battles but beefed up with accessible online co-op. I can't wait for news on DLC and the sequel.

Just finished my third run of MGS4. 5 more to go for the platinum

When do you think you'll finish? This year? :woot:

When do you think you'll finish? This year? :woot:
Haha, I'll try by end of summer if I don't get too distracted. Luckily I got the more time consuming stuff out of the way so aside from Big Boss run, its mainly grinds and speeding till the end. Im watching tv while doing it so that's keeping me occupied while I do it so its not so bad

Havok, I salute you. :up:

In all of my craze for trophies, I don't think I could ever go after that one, even with all the "free" time that I have now. Right now, I'm trying to finish up the open world trophies in Just Cause 2 and even though I've already clocked in 50 hours, I can tell I'm going to need another 10-15 hours just to grind for the Perfectionist trophies and some of the other stuff I have left.I've been playing this game for the past week and a half and I'm just dying to move on, so I don't think I'd be able to play through a game 8 times, no matter how much I loved the series.

Havok, I salute you. :up:

In all of my craze for trophies, I don't think I could ever go after that one, even with all the "free" time that I have now. Right now, I'm trying to finish up the open world trophies in Just Cause 2 and even though I've already clocked in 50 hours, I can tell I'm going to need another 10-15 hours just to grind for the Perfectionist trophies and some of the other stuff I have left.I've been playing this game for the past week and a half and I'm just dying to move on, so I don't think I'd be able to play through a game 8 times, no matter how much I loved the series.
just cranked out another so it looks like i have 3 more before I attempt BB run. That last run was done in 3:59 but it was on easy. Ive never attempted a BB run but hopefully its not too bad. MGS4 at least seems obtainable. The one Id never go for is MGS2. The VR missions would drive me crazy. I thought about going for PW but too much reliance on online play for me to care about that one. Thank god, my favorite game in the series, MGS3, wasnt too difficult.

Just completed everything related to Mass Effect 3 for my 59th plat. It was definitely fun, especially some of the DLC.

I picked up my 45th platinum with Just Cause 2 last week. I'm currently working on the Mass Effect trilogy now that I finally got my copy in the mail.

I'm at Level 19 with 10%, so I'm really hoping to get to Level 20 by the end of the summer.

Just completed everything related to Mass Effect 3 for my 59th plat. It was definitely fun, especially some of the DLC.

i still need to get that done. Hijacking an atlas and 5000 kills are what are in my way

i still need to get that done. Hijacking an atlas and 5000 kills are what are in my way
Cool, I don't remember going for hijacking an atlas and just saw an enemy fall out of one and jumped in. I now have 100% in the whole trilogy. One of the best video game trilogies ever, I'm glad I jumped into these games even though the words "RPG" instantly turned me off :funny:

5000 kills I think took me 2 1/4 playthroughs, I was surprised. I almost screwed up the Unwavering trophy (well, technically I did but I was saved) because that trophy says to complete every single player mission on Insanity and while I did just that, I missed just ONE that I either overlooked or was locked out and missed without me knowing it. I don't even remember getting that trophy straight in my mind and wasn't planning to take shortcuts, but damn, just one freakin' mission that I missed and I thought I was screwed. I just stared at my TV, like "F***." when I read online about this Unwavering trophy.

Thankfully, if that happens you can replay the game on the lowest difficulty until the mission(s) you missed and turn the difficulty back to Insanity and complete it. Luckily I remembered from memory which one I didn't remember doing and it was "Rescue Admiral Kortis" or something like that. It took a very quick 3 hours of running through the story but it was better than replaying the whole game on Insanity :cmad::doh: Whew.

Platinum #52 goes to Metal Gear Solid 4! I have to say this is probably the most rewarding one Ive earned. Not only is this my favorite game series, but this was actually really challenging and time consuming. MGS3 is my absolute favorite game but that platinum was relatively easy. I had to play through this game 10 and a half times! I cant believe I even went for it as the trophy list seemed intimidating when it came out. Boss Extreme mode was difficult but once you've learned the right tactics, it becomes manageable. Im gonna take a break from MGS now. Think I might try to get the ME3 one before The Last of Us is released

After not being able to get a Platinum with MGR and Tomb Raider, I got my 17th with Ultimate Ninja Storm 3. This series always provides a great and fun trophy run.

Alright I'm quite heavily into Achievements but now that the future of XBox is in no way assured I might start having to hedge myself and think about going for the trophies on my PS3 games (have played most of them at my neighbour's house but not on my own account). IF that ever happens will probably retire Achievements at some nice round number..maybe 200k/300k by the time I've done the campaigns of the games I own & haven't started lol.

One main question...is there an overall number equivalent to gamerscore with trophies? Like do you still get 1000 points somewhere when you get a platinum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"