The Official Trophies Thread!!!

Oh I never did that before. Although I never really went for trophies on that profile. I may start another one and just do Platinums on certain exclusive series.
do you have PS+? If so it syncs trophies automatically if you have automatic updates turned on. If not, it syncs whenever you check your trophy list

No I actually have never had PS+.

Oh I guess I must have synced without knowing it was happening in that case. Had probably assumed it was the same as achievements.

Btw has it been confirmed if trophies will be exactly the same on PS4. Like roughly same amount and same system?

Trophies have been confirmed to carry over to PS4 along with your old username if you wish. Or you can start off fresh.

And it will be the same sort of system? Platinums & similar numbers of golds, silvers, bronzes etc so it looks like PS3 trophies? Hope there is a way of separating PS3 & PS4 trophies also. Or at least a filter you can apply.

I wouldn't mind doing a new profiles just for platinums.

Last edited:
I'm assuming that will be the case. It's worth looking into when the PS4 launches. I like my username and my trophy count is too large for me to leave behind simply because I want a new username :hehe:

The Vita version of Jak HD hit PS Plus, so I took it upon myself to platinum Precursor Legacy for the second time.

The handheld version is an interesting beast. The framerate issues that reviews touted are actually non-existent when you get past the first set of areas, not that I blame critics for spending more than an hour or so of a second rerelease of a PS2 platformer.

One of the game's major problems is a weird clipping glitch that robs Jak of his ability to grab ledges from time to time. It makes the platforming much more tedious and the final third of the game almost unbearable (unless you're a persistent rage nerd like myself). And the double jump also has a mind of its own.

That said, it's a brilliant portable game. I played it on my 40 minute train journeys into work and that was enough time to clear about an area per trip. The auto-save makes it ideal for picking up for 5 minutes.

Dipped into Jak 2 and, much to my surprise, the controls are very responsive. Framerate takes a hit often but it seems more solid than the first game.

Bagged The Last Of Us. The weapons trophy is a slog but aside from that I'm still in love with this game.

Are you going to go for all the DLC trophies on The Last Of Us? Do you normally go for DLC trophies?

There aren't any DLC trophies for The Last Of Us but, yeah, when Left Behind comes along I'll definitely grab everything in that. As for other games, depends on how much I liked the game. Dead Space 2 I did.

It's really weird when you look at your percentage for a game's trophies and you see something like 78% even though you already have the Platinum. I'm such a perfectionist and a completionist that I almost have to finish it to have it at 100%.

There aren't any DLC trophies for The Last Of Us but, yeah, when Left Behind comes along I'll definitely grab everything in that. As for other games, depends on how much I liked the game. Dead Space 2 I did.
Oh I didn't realise it wasn't out yet. I try and do it on my favourite games, just annoying when the DLC is all multiplayer even though the game is largely single player. (Tomb Raider :cmad:)
It's really weird when you look at your percentage for a game's trophies and you see something like 78% even though you already have the Platinum. I'm such a perfectionist and a completionist that I almost have to finish it to have it at 100%.
With achievements I only really consider a game 100% complete when all DLCs are also complete but I guess it would be different when you get a platinum awarded for completing the base game. That puts all the emphasis on the base game while XBox actually strips you of a completed game if one that you've previously completed comes out with a new DLC afterward!

So what PS4 trophies have people unlocked so far? What's different about them?

I just bagged Deadpool which I just completely and utterly despised. I platinumed it because by the time I'd slogged through the campaign I was pretty close anyways but the extra effort is still a guilt I will take to my grave.

The design is hideously outdated. Enemies that take as much as 30 hits to kill, all while having Nolan North repeat the same couple of lines of dialogue every few seconds is maddening.

Not to mention that this is a game that tries to laugh at the genre and medium conventions but then conforms to them in the most dull and mind-numbing ways. Why is this a bog-standard third person shooter mainly set in sewers and ruins? How did that not raise any alarm bells in the team's heads?

Anyway, it's done now. Thank god... it's done.

^^^Deadpool is an awful character so its fitting he starred in an awful game. I tried about an hour of that game and it was torture. God bless you for sticking with it.

So what does everyone think will be their first PS4 platinum? Of my 4 launch titles, I know for sure I will never get Injustice. I already traded in NFS, so i have ACIV and KZ left. Ive spent the most time logged in with AC IV and could see myself getting the platinum but it like KZ has those damn multiplayer ones, and Im not so sure I'll want to grind. If not these two, it'll definetly be Infamous

^^^Deadpool is an awful character so its fitting he starred in an awful game. I tried about an hour of that game and it was torture. God bless you for sticking with it.

So what does everyone think will be their first PS4 platinum? Of my 4 launch titles, I know for sure I will never get Injustice. I already traded in NFS, so i have ACIV and KZ left. Ive spent the most time logged in with AC IV and could see myself getting the platinum but it like KZ has those damn multiplayer ones, and Im not so sure I'll want to grind. If not these two, it'll definetly be Infamous

I think Deadpool's a great character under the right direction. I wouldn't blame anyone for hating him after coming out of Daniel Way's ruinous run that reduced the character to dick jokes (which is all this game amounts to). But his recent Marvel Now series is really picking up steam especially in the last few issues.

Oh and my first PS4 platinum was Sound Shapes because of cross-save :woot:

But the first proper one will be Resogun.

So what PS4 trophies have people unlocked so far? What's different about them?
Just a few for Killzone, Contrast, Resogun, CoD Ghosts, and NFS Rivals so far for me and nothing's really different about them. The same sound yet the notification pops up on the top left instead of the right :hehe:

It also seems like you can't view your trophies offline on your PS4 and you have to be logged in, I hope they change that in a future update. You see all of your trophies from PS3 & Vita which is cool. They also have percentage rates near each for how rare or common they are.

I just bagged Deadpool which I just completely and utterly despised. I platinumed it because by the time I'd slogged through the campaign I was pretty close anyways but the extra effort is still a guilt I will take to my grave.

The design is hideously outdated. Enemies that take as much as 30 hits to kill, all while having Nolan North repeat the same couple of lines of dialogue every few seconds is maddening.

Not to mention that this is a game that tries to laugh at the genre and medium conventions but then conforms to them in the most dull and mind-numbing ways. Why is this a bog-standard third person shooter mainly set in sewers and ruins? How did that not raise any alarm bells in the team's heads?

Anyway, it's done now. Thank god... it's done.
That's interesting, I heard good things about that game and I'm planning to get it one of these days. It was more of a mixed response I heard but nice job on the plat :up:

My first PS4 plat will probably be either Killzone or Ghosts for me, Injustice seems impossible and most likely the same for NBA2K14 too. I have NFS Rivals but I don't know how those trophies are yet and I haven't looked into the trophies for Resogun either but my friend and I did coop last night for an hour or so, a lot of fun. Yay for the new party chat function we've been missing out on as there's apparently no chat function with your coop partner in-game for Resogun but we just set up a party chat outside it instead to talk while playing the game.

Got the Resogun platinum, which is pretty easy to grab.

Great, great game, though. Only trouble is the platinum doesn't actually require you to see much of it.

How easy/difficult are the trophies (& platinums) on the main PS exclusives? Especially Uncharted, God Of War, Infamous, Resistance, Killzone, Little Big Planet & Last Of Us?

It varies from each franchise, but the later the game, the easier the list I find. Sony's lists seemed to get a lot softer towards the end of the generation, especially with the likes of Killzone 3 and Resistance 3 which took away most of their online trophies.

How easy/difficult are the trophies (& platinums) on the main PS exclusives? Especially Uncharted, God Of War, Infamous, Resistance, Killzone, Little Big Planet & Last Of Us?
Like ElectroUK said, it varies. One cant say the first party trophies are easier or hard bc there is no common denominator with them. It all depends on the developer. For example, PS All Stars Battle Royale has one of the easiest trophy sets out there whereas Warhawk has by far the hardest of any PS3 game.

Uncharted, God of War, Infamous and Last of Us all had reasonable platinums. Nothing was too difficult with those although collecting may be a bit of a grind with Infamous and Uncharted but there are guides to help with that

Killzone's are challenging bc the games are difficult on the hardest setting but again doable. Its the online trophies that may make it impossible. KZ2 has one where you need to be in the top 1% of players around the world for a week.

Resistance 2 is what Id rank a 9 out of 10 on the difficulty scale. Not so much that its hard but one requires you to get 10,000 kills in MP which is too much of a grind. With servers shutting down soon, it will be impossible. R3 was easier by comparison.

Last of Us' most difficult one is the MP ones for beating the two journeys. Its a grind so it'll take some time and its also easy to fail and put you in a position to start all over. Luckily there are some tricks and bypasses that one can utilize to ensure success and speed things up.

LBP isn't too difficult but a lot of them are social trophies which require you to play other player's levels and for them to play yours and vote. You can boost with some communities to make it easier as it would be difficult for most people to get it naturally. Both of the games require you to ace all levels for trophies and that means you cant die which can be tricky. You'll have to do quite a bit of memorizing and repeating to get that down.

I'll never forget spending two whole days with the inFamous, looking for the last blast shard. Freaking thing was on top of that really tall building, which I could have swore that I got gotten earlier in the game. Thankfully they fixed it in the second game so that you can see where the closest shards are.

Thanks for those replies. I'm just asking as these are the ones I'm considering doing at one point rather than multiplatform games, especially those confirmed to be ongoing on PS4 like Killzone, Uncharted and Infamous. I forgot to mention Demon Souls but I can pretty much guess that one's gonna be super-hard. Did anyone get the 10k kills on Resistance 2 MP? That kind of thing really pisses me off. Imagine being stuck on 7-8k when the servers go down! And being in the top 1% for Killzone I guess isn't even possible for many. Is that top 1% on kills or points or something? I haven't tried Last of Us multiplayer at all..will have to see what that's like.

And Spideyville I hate when games have tonnes of collectibles with no trackers or indications of where the one you've missed might be. Crackdown on Xbox is probably the worst I can think of.

So I finally got my PS4 and I am debating on whether or not to make a new user or keep my old one.
Granted my old one has alot of plats on it, but I feel like because its a new system and a new generation I should start fresh with new friends and such.

Anyone any opinions on this?

Plat'd Need for Speed Most Wanted last night on PS3, then finished my first plat for PS4 with Resogun, both games are awesome. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"