The Official Trophies Thread!!!

Just got to level 12 with Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations and its Platinum.
Asura's Wrath is next.

Yakuza: Dead Souls done. That series is probably my 3rd favorite gaming franchise but thank christ I won't have to do another 80+ hour bender for the trophies with no Y5 next year.

Got the platinum for Asura's Wrath and its DLC. The Amazing Spider-Man will probably be the next one. I hope that and The Walking Dead trophies can boost my stats to level 13.

Amazing Spider-Man? Comes out with the movie, right? Definitely planning ahead then ey?

One week earlier, actually. I'm not planning on getting anything before, so, yeah. That's next on my list.

Just got my 21st platinum with Skyrim. Despite the fact that there was so much to do, it wasn't as hard as I thought, especially given that I completed most of the tasks in the past few days.

Number 22 goes to LEGO Batman 2.

As is the case with most LEGO games, it was fun but annoying. Regardless, it feels good to get a few platinums after going a few months without one, especially a nice quick one after the marathon that I did for Skyrim.

Still need to finish up MW3. All I have is the Spec Ops missions

I feel like such a boss for completing New York Minute Hardcore mode on Max Payne 3. Ha, for those unaware of this cold-hearted b***h, ridiculous, and just straight up dumbass trophy you have to play the entire game in one sitting without dying. :woo

To add to this, you start Chapter 1 with 1 minute on the clock counting down to 0. Every kill adds up to 6 secs on the clock. This time stacks on top of each other which is a good thing, but you’re still on the clock. Not to mention, when you die, you have to go ALLLLLL the way back to the start of the game (14 chapters total). Woke up @ 8:30 Sat. morning, finished @ 12:30 in the afternoon. Insane trophy. Good thing is, I can enjoy the rest of the trophy hunting on this one, only need 2 more levels ranked up in multiplayer (which took pretty damn long too), and a couple other collector trophies.

On one of the PS3 trophy sites I’m on I checked to see how many people have nabbed this NYMHC trophy and it’s only listed as something like 235 out of 24000 game owners have gotten it yet. :funny:

I seriously feel like I should be in the Championship Parade with Miami today.

Last edited:
Damn, seems like a tough trophy to get. Your heart must have pumped at every shootout.

With how many bugs and issues this game has that's out of your control when going for this, yeah. It was definitely a bit frantic at times. It's a great game but bulls**t trophy because you can get f***ed over by literally anything happening.

I had to encourage people to take breaks because you'll be building up frustration over this if you keep going for it in the same day (making you die over the dumbest things). So I took the night off one day, woke up the next morning and knocked it out in one run. Took me about 6 tries total though over 2 days with my farthest death being in Ch. 10 (by a phantom bullet btw) coming from somewhere....somewhere, I had no clue. I calmly set my controller down on my desk and shut my PS3 off to keep myself from breaking something.

I've seen people online still going for this weeks later so damn.

Platinum 43 goes to Modern Warfare 3. I love when I get platinums for games I thought Id never get once I started playing them. This wasa hard way bc of the Spec Ops stuff but I managed to do it and several of them by myself bc I found doing it with a partner to be harder. Last one I did? The first one. That training course was a challenge for me, more so than some of the missions...lol

Anyways next one I will get is for Spiderman Edge of Time which I plan to get this week

Spent the past week playing the Tomb Raider HD trilogy and managed to pick up the platinum in Underworld for #23. I don't know if I'll go back to finish up the time trials in the other two to get the platinum for both of them because it feels like it would be torture playing through them again.

I platinum'd Legend, which was more of a hassle than I thought it would be. Underworld is somehow a much worse game, though; can't bring myself to keep playing.

I played Underworld on the PC and didnt like it. I dont think I could play it again on the PS3 even if it did have an easy platinum. Anniversary is the only one from that trilogy, I think I would replay

I platinum'd Legend, which was more of a hassle than I thought it would be. Underworld is somehow a much worse game, though; can't bring myself to keep playing.
All I need to do is the time trials for each level and one of the grenade trophies, and I'll have the platinum. It seems easy enough although I don't know how much I want to go back to it, even though that was probably my favorite of the three.
I played Underworld on the PC and didnt like it. I dont think I could play it again on the PS3 even if it did have an easy platinum. Anniversary is the only one from that trilogy, I think I would replay
I originally played it for the Wii when it was first released, so I was very impressed by the graphics on the PS3, especially after seeing how crisp it looked compared to the other two. But even though it was an easier platinum, it was frustrating as hell because of all the glitches. And it's funny because I didn't realize that it was the first TR game to come out after Uncharted, and it didn't seem like they changed much of the formula to compete with it (even though it was Uncharted 2 that really blew things away.)

But I hated the platforming in Anniversary, so that's the big thing that's making me not want to go back. That was always something I hated about those games.

Max Payne 3 was #48 for me. Whew.

Damn, Rockstar really pushed it with the requirements for that game. Just a payne in the ass. (C wat I did thar?)

Hopefully they don't go overboard with GTA V.

Holy shizz. Metal Gear 4 is getting trophies patched in :D It's official.

Now I can get dedicated and finally finish it :funny: (I should have a long time ago but oh well)

Metal Gear Solid 4 Trophy Patch Coming In August

Currently, PS3 owners play Metal Gear Solid 4 for questionable motives like "fun." However, soon they'll be able to grind out Trophies thanks to a free update.

In this week's issue of Japanese gaming mag Famitsu (via Andriasang), Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima revealed that the Trophy patch will be arriving soon. He didn't disclose the exact timing. However, MGS4 will be re-released to Japanese stores in August with Trophy support, so perhaps the patch will be released around the same time.

Metal Gear Solid 4 was released back in June 2008, a mere month before Sony introduced Trophies. Trophies weren't required for new releases until January 2009. Developers occasionally patched in the feature for previously released games but many didn't bother.

Trophy support gives MGS4 owners a (small) reason to keep the game. The multiplayer mode, Metal Gear Online, was shut down earlier this summer. Perhaps replaying the campaign to earn Trophies will be enticing to some nostalgic veterans, though.

August looks to be an exciting month for Metal Gear. A 25th Anniversary event for the series will be held on August 30th at Konami's main headquarters. Kojima told Famitsu that they're planning an announcement for this occasion. This reveal is said to be related to social gaming in some fashion.

I read about it earlier and I'm happy because I've had my brother's copy for the past year and still haven't played it. Now I have a reason to finally get to it. I just got the HD collection so I'm looking to finally get into the series, although I don't think I'll have the patience to platinum any of them in the near future.

I'm just gonna go ahead and prematurely say that I've already platinumed mgs4, for I shall platinum that game like no game has ever been platinumed :p

I can't wait to play MGS4 i have been wanting to replay it so badly now i guess i have a really good reason to re-play it

I never really stopped.playing it, I've lost count on how many times I've beat it (I've had several different save files)

PO has been keeping me from playing the rest of the HD collection. I think I may just skip it and watch clips on YT bc the controls are too terrible to push through

I've never went after trophies before, but I finally decided to 100% a game. Assassin's Creed II was my choice. It's kind of addicting going after trophies lol.

Just got the platinum for The Amazing Spider-Man. Easiest plat so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"