Dark Phoenix The Official Tye Sheridan/Cyclops Thread

Cyclops was really great in X-Men Apocalypse, I really hope they keep it up. He needs to be the real leader of the X-Men and not Mystique

Last edited:
Can it finally be Cyclops' time to shine?

He and the rest of the kids were the real highlight of the last film for me.

Pretty sure they were the highlights for everyone. He got a sizable role last time, so hopefully they build on it. The same for the rest of the kids.

My problem with Cyclops in Apocalypse is that after that helicopter scene his journey is pretty much forgotten about.

There is no culmination of an arc in the third act, he only shoots beams in the final battle, he doesn't get any significant lines at the ending of the movie, how is he different than how he was at the start of the movie? What about his perspective has changed?

It was an improvement over OT treatment of the character, but it didn't stick the landing. Hoping for better this time around.

Yeah, hoping they'll build on the scenes in Alkali from the last movie. :)

Hope they give him plenty to do and shine in, it's Dark Phoenix after all.

I'll never watch a Fox X-men movie again if Cyclops is mishandled during this second adaptation of the Phoenix Saga. I'll be optimistic for now!

Considering the end of Apocalypse, it would be cool to see Cyke in something like this.
cz0yOuq.jpg

Yeah, I don't like the Astonishing X-Men visor Scott was wearing at the end of Apocalypse. Quite an interesting decision. Is that from a video game though? I was just thinking of how one of the video game costumes for Cable would be a good template for Brolin in DP2.

Although I liked the direction the costumes finally took at the end of the end of Apocalypse it did seem like they were first drafts and needed a lot of refining. Yea I agree, including Cyke's Astonishing X-men visor.\

Storm's, Quicksilver's and Mystique's X-men (ugh) costumes needed a lot of work.

I'll never watch a Fox X-men movie again if Cyclops is mishandled during this second adaptation of the Phoenix Saga. I'll be optimistic for now!

Considering the end of Apocalypse, it would be cool to see Cyke in something like this.
cz0yOuq.jpg

Fox wouldn't go down this route. And neither James Marsden nor Tye Sheridan could carry off that fantastically commanding look. We'll have to wait for a Marvel Studios reboot, as that would be something different for them to do: make Cyclops a commanding leader with real physical presence.

Personally i don't think Cyclops needs to have the body build of The Rock.

But then if you go by the comics all of the males should have muscles and six packs.

Last edited:
I want more of the design elements than the body shape (which is ridiculous in that art, and most of comics). One of Cyclops' nicknames is "Slim" for a reason, so Tye is fine. The costume at the end of Apocalypse is a step in the right direction. I want Dark Phoenix to improve on those costumes like DOFP improved Magneto's First Class costume.

N
My problem with Cyclops in Apocalypse is that after that helicopter scene his journey is pretty much forgotten about.

There is no culmination of an arc in the third act, he only shoots beams in the final battle, he doesn't get any significant lines at the ending of the movie, how is he different than how he was at the start of the movie? What about his perspective has changed?

It was an improvement over OT treatment of the character, but it didn't stick the landing. Hoping for better this time around.

It's hard to say he has no culmination of an arc when he ends up a soldier in a mutant army in the third act, working in tandem on the battlefield with veteran X-Men.

How is he different? Come on now.

He went from being a semi-rebellious high school kid who thinks he's a dangerous freak to a member of a black ops team of mutants in a pitched battle for the world.

His perspective on his powers and their potential is the meat of his arc, and there are clearly changes in his feelings about them. He goes from being terrified of them and their destructive potential to learning about and seeing their constructive potential to actively using them constructively, if awkwardly, to protect others. To ultimately committing to harness their potential for just this purpose. Basically a microcosm of the X-Men experience. He and Jean share this type of conflict and development.

Last edited:
Although I liked the direction the costumes finally took at the end of the end of Apocalypse it did seem like they were first drafts and needed a lot of refining. Yea I agree, including Cyke's Astonishing X-men visor.\

Storm's, Quicksilver's and Mystique's X-men (ugh) costumes needed a lot of work.
Mystique I thought was a good job but I never understood why Peter needed the lightning bolts on his costume. Of all the aspects of comic book costumes they pick the weirdest elects to adapt. I mean, I give them props and I think it's fine personally, just a weird element to focus on. The blue and gray would've done it.

I personally thought Mystique's was one of the worst costumes in that group. Though I know they were trying to go for her halter top-looking from the comics, it was too bulky with the shoulder pads. The different (read: cheap materials) didn't help either.

Quicksilver's just looked too similar to Storm's costume. With the color scheme and similar hair color they looked like they should be called the wonder twins.

For Cyclops and co, it's really time to embrace the Jim Lee/X-men TAS costumes fully. No yellow briefs though.

I personally thought Mystique's was one of the worst costumes in that group. Though I know they were trying to go for her halter top-looking from the comics, it was too bulky with the shoulder pads. The different (read: cheap materials) didn't help either.

Quicksilver's just looked too similar to Storm's costume. With the color scheme and similar hair color they looked like they should be called the wonder twins.

For Cyclops and co, it's really time to embrace the Jim Lee/X-men TAS costumes fully. No yellow briefs though.

i am sure they will cassy on with some uniforms that are colorful from apocaypse now what they are is shudder up to kinberg and his costume designer.new costume designer can help however.

If Tye Sheridan was still playing the same kid from Scout's Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse, I can get behind the sash and pouches. Until then:
e2c011cbd01f046d23bf152a821d5e0e--marvel-art-marvel-heroes.jpg
1e3bdc4e940d9cd641f7e3343ac0bc98.jpg

I like this idea better. We just really need a visor that fits Tye's face, maybe a muscle suit under him, and the bomber jacket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"