Dark Phoenix The Official Tye Sheridan/Cyclops Thread

good luck to Tye and Spielberg with this one! looks huge and promising

i dunno why but i ain't shocked.

You were told to put psylockolossus on ignore and not respond to anything he posts in any way what so ever. You didn't so that. you have one week's probation.

RPO looks great! I'm stoked for Tye.

What's your favorite?

PWvCDE9.png

I like 8 & 10

I'm going to be weird and say I've always liked the Age of X Basilisk mask. I also like the All-New X-Men outfits a bit, but that's a team outfit.

Above, I like 10 and 11. I haven't caught up enough yet in the comics, but I am still in love with Whedon's run. I'm currently reading some New Mutants. Marvel released a list of issues to get acquainted with the characters and I have been stuck on Magma for a while now and she's not even in the film. But her backstory is a bit creepy.

Forgot to say, in Whedon's Astonishing X-Men, Emma Frost cures Cyclops of his curse for a time, and we get to see his full face and eyes for a good while as the plot unfolds. Dang it, it's such a great plot to bring to the big screen someday! Could Whedon direct a sci-fi X-Men installment?

I can't help it, 8 is the iconic one for me. Blame the 90s Fox cartoon.

What's your favorite?

PWvCDE9.png

I like 8 & 10

It misses costume from revolution period, with a t-shirt (after Jean and Cable saved him from Apocalypse's entity)

My favorites are 90's and new x-men

However for me Tye looks so small he cant play Cyclops anymore. Adult Cyclops must be tall, Sheridan is 5 ft 8, Sophie Turner ?5 ft 9, same as Ben Hardy, Kodi Smit is taller
Tye is shrimp toward others x-men !!!!

I like the John Byrne design which is similar to #2 best. It’s outdated but it’s the one I grew up with.

Just came out of the theater from watching Ready Player One...wow, so much adventure. Tye is brilliant. He's very charismatic. Loved the visuals. I'm gonna see it again on the weekend.

Tye had a hit in a great movie. Like ignore social media cynicism, because Ready Player One is truly a great popcorn spectacle, and Tye was really good in it. Only Mark Rylance had a truly meaty role, but Tye did well.

Not really much of a reason to say this here other than to put something positive in this board. For old time's sake.

Last night I rewatched all Cyclops' battle scenes from Origins (Tim Pockock), X1, X2 and Apocalypse.

Well, it looks like it's pretty much "established" that the force energy of the cinematic Cyclops is supposed to be RED with a CENTRAL WHITE "SECTION", and thus the red is looking a bit pink-ish because of the white section in the middle of the beam.
With or without the special visor, it looks like that's the exact colour of the optical beams of the cinematic Cyclops. Red/pink with the middle white.

What do you think about it?

Last edited:
Just came out of the theater from watching Ready Player One...wow, so much adventure. Tye is brilliant. He's very charismatic. Loved the visuals. I'm gonna see it again on the weekend.

Agreed! I hope he is given a lot to do in Dark Phoenix!

I don't think he's given enough credit for his acting. People should see him in "Mud" and "Joe" to see his real range. He barely gets enough screen time as Scott.

He got plenty of screentime as teenage scott really.

Infact Cyclops (next to jean) had the biggest role in apocalypse then he has had in any of these films by quite a big stretch.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"