Dark Phoenix The Official Tye Sheridan/Cyclops Thread

I don't think he's given enough credit for his acting. People should see him in "Mud" and "Joe" to see his real range. He barely gets enough screen time as Scott.
He didn't even get any lines at the end of the movie despite the first ten minutes (after the credits) being mostly focused on him

I think he'll get more to do in this movie [BLACKOUT]after Raven dies[/BLACKOUT]

He didn't even get any lines at the end of the movie despite the first ten minutes (after the credits) being mostly focused on him

He didn't need too he was pretty much given center spot in what was a fairly cool moment

I think he'll get more to do in this movie [BLACKOUT]after Raven dies[/BLACKOUT]

He will get a good role either way because he is jeans love interest

I often think its a misconception when people assume Raven stopped cyclops from getting a good role. because he did have a good enough role for everything that was going on in that film... its just i think people wanna see him glossed over with importance the anything else.

Personally i am a cyclops fan but i don't wanna see him just glossed over with importance... i wanna see him earn that importance in being his own character and not a character that should be given importance to make him appear better then he is.

Last edited:
He didn't need too he was pretty much given center spot in what was a fairly cool moment
Nah he definitely needed some dialogue. A cool shot with him in it didn't cut it for me
I often think its a misconception when people assume raven stops cyclops from getting a good role.
If [BLACKOUT]Raven dies[/BLACKOUT] and then he becomes a leader I'm gonna be proven right GuestStar :cwink:
its just people wanna see him glossed over with importance and thats really what people really mean.
No it's not. Leadership is not a surface importance, it's his personality trait. Don't diminish it.

If [BLACKOUT]Raven dies[/BLACKOUT] and then he becomes a leader I'm gonna be proven right GuestStar :cwink:

So Cyclops would be given so much to do if he becomes the leader? thats still fairly questionable when you think about how much leading would be needed in the movie to make it worth it?

Id rather take interactions with others to learn who he is rather then a glossed over status.

No it's not. Leadership is not a surface importance, it's his personality trait. Don't diminish it.

Well if not having that takes away makes cyclops interesting... then thats a shame as it feels abit one dimensional.

Last edited:
Id rather take interactions with others to learn who he is rather then a gloss over of importance because of a status.
It's not just a status. It's not a gloss importance.
Well if someone else leading takes away what makes cyclops interesting... then thats a shame as it feels abit one dimensional.
Somehow you find a way to blame the character instead of the writers.

Let's see what would happen if they stripped Magneto and Xavier of their ideologies. If Xavier wasnt the mentor of the X-Men. Oh wait. That never happens under Fox.

Somehow you find a way to blame the character instead of the writers.

Not really. i liked the interactions between Scott, Jean, jubilee, kurt, havok ect ect. i actually thought more of Cyclops as a character then i did in the WHOLE of X1 when he did have the status of leader.

Same with Jean and scott being in a relationship. i wanna see the attraction or what makes the relationship tick and not just the status that they are a long time couple.

Last edited:
Well if not having that takes away makes cyclops interesting... then thats a shame as it feels abit one dimensional.

Welcome to X-men: Origins Wolverine.

Welcome to X-men Apocalypse.

Last edited:
Well, Cyclops is a superhero character from a highly popular comicbook aimed mainly for young adults. The X-Men, just like the others highly popular comic books, is not, was not and will not be a character study.

Cyclops is not a character from Mad Men and I think there is no problem and no shame whatsoever in admiting that being a leader is a defining trait for him.

That doesn't mean he doesn't have other layers to be explored (or to be added). Or that being a leader is an one dimensional role. But Scott is the main X-Men leader and that is a huge part of the character.

I could see a shift in the movie in terms of lines and screen time for his character but I remain a skeptic to the latter.
JLaw will find some way to cling to the franchise in spit of not being welcome, they may not gave us what we want.

I could see a shift in the movie in terms of lines and screen time for his character but I remain a skeptic to the latter.
JLaw will find some way to cling to the franchise in spit of not being welcome, they may not gave us what we want.

There will be no difference at all. because its not about that.

You can probably guess Cyclops will likely have a good role in this movie because of it being about jean... yes that will mean his relationship with jean will be a big part of it but i don't see that being a bad thing at all.

With Jlaw, McAvoy and Fassbender around, I doubt it.

There will be no difference at all. because its not about that.

You can probably guess Cyclops will likely have a good role in this movie because of it being about jean... yes that will mean his relationship with jean will be a big part of it but i don't see that being a bad thing at all.

The Saga and the comics in general reveal how important his role is but the movies hardly portray him the way he should be. Only a sliver of that appeared in XMA with Tye. I guess this was Singer attempting to redeem himself. Now we have a whole movie where Scott and Jean are at the forefront with Kinberg at the helm. How much of the comics will they ignore this time? They have no excuse to ignore Scott's importance as an XMen anymore. Mystique was never this popular, there was a reason why Rebecca's Raven/Mystique is better received. She was always meant to be a side character, nothing more. She was never good or a leader and she never had a emo teenager's personality. JLaw never nailed her sex appeal or cunning street smarts like Rebecca had.

Scott needs this moment, we've waited so long for them to get him right, it's not fair if they sideline him once again for overrated characters and actors.

I see no reason why he won't. I don't honestly think all of the talk surrounding the actors has as much weight as alot of fans like to think personally.

But lets not get carried away either.

Last edited:
So Cyclops would be given so much to do if he becomes the leader? thats still fairly questionable when you think about how much leading would be needed in the movie to make it worth it?

Id rather take interactions with others to learn who he is rather then a glossed over status.

Cyclops certainly has other dimensions but the whole "burden of leadership" is his main theme as a character. And many of his personality traits, like his self-doubt and less than stellar social skills, serve that theme. And others arguably stem from it. For example his serious-minded perfectionism.

I do think it's possible to use Cyclops well without making him a leader. But I'm not sure how to do it with this particular Cyclops. In the comics, young Scott was a reserved, abused, geeky orphan. And Sheridan's Cyclops doesn't appear to be any of these things.

He was shy young leader during his youth O5 period. Later, X-Factor or Blue/Gold team period he became a mature leader

I find this new timeline is worst than original timeline. They need casualities to make Xavier bald, Storm's white hair, to make Cyclops a leader ....??????? WTF

He was shy young leader during his youth O5 period. Later, X-Factor or Blue/Gold team period he became a mature leader

I find this new timeline is worst than original timeline. They need casualities to make Xavier bald, Storm's white hair, to make Cyclops a leader ....??????? WTF

Exactly. Storm has to worship Mystique in order for her to switch to the good side at the end of the movie. She gets her white hair from Apocalypse.

Havok had to die to make a fun sequence for Quicksilver and set Scott on the path to being a leader.

And in DoFP, Emma Frost, Azazel and Banshee had to be killed off (off screen) to show Xavier was losing touch with the world as he was trapped in a depression.

Bad writing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"