Reaction score
Who should play Blade’s wise mentor?

Would be good, but already in the MCU:

Jeff Bridges
Kurt Russell
Michael Rooker
Mickey Rourke
Bradley Cooper as Jackson Maine
Scott Glenn (although it seems Netflix is now non-canonical)

Would be good, but in comic book property:

Sam Elliott (Hulk/Ghost Rider)
Chris Cooper (Amazing Spider-Man)
Woody Harrelson (Venom)
Kevin Costner (Superman)

Which leaves:

Ed Harris
Don Johnson
Stephen Lang
Peter Weller
James Remar

I don’t think they are going to have Whistler. He’s not from the comics and was created for the movie. I think Marvel would want to differentiate themselves from that one.

I don’t think they are going to have Whistler. He’s not from the comics and was created for the movie. I think Marvel would want to differentiate themselves from that one.
Way to play the game!

:argh: I thought this was a thread about the Canadian/ British Columbian resort, Whistler.

Would be good, but in comic book property:

Russell Crowe (Man of Steel)

5556285-D-AD8-E-47-C8-A868-BA1-B08-C2-FCFE.jpg

Race change with Whistler and get Snipes

I would very much prefer Blade not have a singular mentor. Instead, he should have numerous trainers across his upbringing who taught him the skills he uses for his war. Whistler can be one of them, sure, but he should only be one of many.

I don’t know. They need to find an actor who is a really good whistler. I guess they could cast a guy who can’t whistle and dub in someone else’s whistles but that will obviously draw criticism, like Rami Malik received for not singing as Freddie Mercury.

Kurt Russell would be cool but he was Ego. They killed of Netflix shows so Ali being in the movies is possible, plus the shows and movies never really connected. The shows name dropped the big heroes but the movies never gave a damn about those shows.

Already suggested this just after Comic con, but it has to be Wesley Snipes as Whistler for me.

Created for the Spider-man cartoon. First portrayed by Malcom MacDowell.

Already suggested this just after Comic con, but it has to be Wesley Snipes as Whistler for me.

I dunno. That kinda feels like handing him a participation trophy. I'd rather see Snipes given a better role. Perhaps he could be Blade's father and make him a villain? Though that maybe would have to change his origin a bit.

Choose someone that can make a very emblematic painting of her mother.

Can someone actually school me about this for two seconds: where did Whistler come from? I always assumed that Goyer took him from the Spider-Man cartoon and went from there.

Can someone actually school me about this for two seconds: where did Whistler come from? I always assumed that Goyer took him from the Spider-Man cartoon and went from there.
Whistler first appeared in the mid nineties Spider-Man cartoon and didn't appear in the comics until the Blade 2 The Official Comic Adaptation in 2002.

Jamal Afari is Blade's traditional mentor in the comics. Afari the man who taught and raised Blade to be a Vampire hunter in the comics.

If Marvel want to differentiate their Blade from the New Line Goyer version then they could use Jamal Afari instead of Whistler.
Delroy Lindo or Danny Glover would make a good Afari.

John Malkovich

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"