The Official William Hurt/General "Thunderbolt" Ross thread

Although he may not be as good an actor as Sam Elliot, I still hope that Hurt will do the best job possible.
Hurt is a phenomenal actor - one of my favorites, in fact - but Elliott was perfect for the role. This will be a step down.

Not really, as it's an opinion.
Sounds familiar. :D

Anyways, Hurt will do fine as Ross I'm sure. Tough to get Eliott out of ones mind when thinking of Ross now since Ang's film, but I have faith that Hurt will prove to be a good successor since Sam wasnt asked back.

With me, my opinion is not up for debate, which is why I ignore anyone who questions my OPINION.

Hurt may be a good actor but Elliot is much better, especially as General Ross, I wish they would've at least brought Elliot back.

With me, my opinion is not up for debate, which is why I ignore anyone who questions my OPINION.

Hurt may be a good actor but Elliot is much better, especially as General Ross, I wish they would've at least brought Elliot back.

n642577748_436149_8389.jpg

Looking good :up:

Hurt looks like a CGI Ross in that pic. Or maybe it's just how it's shot.

Hurt has serious acting chops. I have faith he kicked ass in this role.

The guy was a major badass in A History of Violence and now he´s playing a general badass, can´t wait to see him in this movie. Also loved him in Dark City and Altered States, were lucky to have him in this movie!

The guy was a major badass in A History of Violence and now he´s playing a general badass, can´t wait to see him in this movie. Also loved him in Dark City and Altered States, were lucky to have him in this movie!

I saw him in Mr. Brooks the other night, and thought he was awesome.

Can't wait for this movie

-dk7

he looks perfect for the job. i liked elliot, but just looking at this pic and reading the interview hurt seems to be the one.

I dont like the new interview with Hurt on the front page, it makes it sound like Ross is a villain in this movie, who does some evil things, that is not General Ross IMO

Your saying that Ross isn't a villain? Last time I check he was almost a villain.. an anti-villain if you will.

Ross is the "arch enemy" of The Hulk. That's the best way to describe it...or Nemesis.

With Hulk being the hero of the movie and Ross being his nemesis he's going to come off as a villain of sorts.

Ross is a villain.. like it or not, he is considered a villain, just not the average villain because "he's trying to protect the people." which he does try, but the hero is the Hulk and Ross tries to stop him making Ross a villain.. If Ross was the hero this movie would be called The Incredible Thaddeus Ross.

Ross is no more the villian than Hulk. He's a military man who takes his duty extremely serious. No he doesn't like Banner and no he doesn't like the Hulk for different reasons. The main reason is he doesn't think Banner is suited for his daughter.

I agree with Hurt that few characters are totally good or bad.

Actually The Incredible Thaddeus Ross sounds like a cool title for an Indiana Jones-type movie :dry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"