The Official William Hurt/General "Thunderbolt" Ross thread

*shudders yet again*

No, but seriously, it just doesn't sound like the type of movie I'd want to actually see.

The Incredible Thaddeus Ross
Dreamworks. prod. 2011
Follow the adventure of ace army expert General Thaddeus Ross as he travels the globe in search of a mythical green monster. Watch as he narrowly escape death around every corner. Follow him from Mexico to Saudi Arabia to the Highest point in the Andes. Experience the adventure and excitement, follow the Thunderbolt.
[Rated PG-13]

Dreamworks. prod. 2011
Follow the adventure of ace army expert General Thaddeus Ross as he travels the globe in search of a mythical green monster. Watch as he narrowly escape death around every corner. Follow him from Mexico to Saudi Arabia to the Highest point in the Andes. Experience the adventure and excitement, follow the Thunderbolt.
[Rated PG-13]
dude.....no. just no. :dry:

The Calgary Herald has posted a new interview with William Hurt talking about playing General Thaddeus E. "Thunderbolt" Ross in The Incredible Hulk. Here's a clip:

"He wants Hulk's power, but is humiliated by Hulk's conscience: he actually sees and recognizes that it's more developed than his own, even though he's a patriot and a warrior for his country. He's sacrificed enormously for that purpose, but at the expense at times of his humanity -- which he occasionally recovers."

Sounds like Ross helps Hulk at the end to save some lives.

Dreamworks. prod. 2011
[Rated PG-13]

Release Date: June 17, 2011.
Date of First Trailer: June 1, 2011, in front of "Good Burger IV: The Quest for Piece"

Sounds like Ross helps Hulk at the end to save some lives.

SPOILER:
Actually Ross and Banner realize only the Hulk can save everyone and Ross decides to release Banner after having captured him. It's a very climatic scene which follows that decision where Banner leaps from.....

b_18237.jpg

How's that for Ross!

No worries on Hurt.

Looks absolutely great as Ross.

He really does have that comic book look of Ross. I was actually pretty worried about how he'd look but the make-up artists did a great job. Hopefully he'll at least do a job equivalent to that of Sam Elliot.

"As far as I'm concerned that man's whole body is property of the U.S. army!" William Hurt as General Ross :woot:

Lately I've been watching movies starring the cast of the Hulk's film and came across a movie by William Hurt that I haven't seen in 20 years called 'Altered States.' This is a fascinating movie that I just realized has many ties to the psychology of Hulk. It's a sci-fi thriller and very thought provoking. Hurt is exceptional in the roll as scientist Dr. Jessup seeking to understand man's conscious states of reality.

I think a younger Hurt would have been an excellent choice for Doc Samson.

William Hurt is gonna be one of the big stars in this movie. Trust me his peformance is amazing!!!

I just want to know: Has General Ross ever gained any abilities in the comics?

Interesting, how did that fare for him?

Btw, when I first became a Hulk fan and began reading up on the characters, I always thought General Ross and Zzax were the same person.

Ross as the Hulk looks awesome, would love to see something like that in a movie.

Do you think we'll ever get a chance to see a General Ross with superpowers in the movies?

I meant like him temporarily becoming Zzax like in the comics, it would be somewhat cool to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"