The Official WONDER WOMAN Discussion Thread - Part 4

The sooner all that boat murder is retconned the better :csad:

There's always hope that Morrison might bring some of that crazy fun back

Morrison: “William Moulton Marston, the guy who created Wonder Woman, was a noted psychiatrist. He’s the guy who invented the polygraph, the lie detector. He was one of those bohemian free-love guys; he and his wife, Elizabeth, shared a lover, Olive, who was the physical model for Wonder Woman.

What he and Elizabeth did was to consider an Amazonian society of women that had been cut off from men for 3,000 years. That developed along the lines of Marston’s most fevered fantasies into a lesbian utopia.

Although they’re supposedly a peace-loving culture, all these supergirls’ pursuits seem to revolve around fighting one another, and this mad, ritualistic stuff where girls dress as stags and get chased and tied up and eaten symbolically on a banquet table. The whole thing was lush with bondage and slavery. Wonder Woman was constantly being tied up or shackled—and it was hugely successful.

When Marston died in 1947, they got rid of the pervy elements, and instantly sales plummeted. Wonder Woman should be the most sexually attractive, intelligent, potent woman you can imagine. Instead she became this weird cross between the Virgin Mary and Mary Tyler Moore that didn’t even appeal to girls.”
and this is why I can't wait to read his WW graphic novel :woot:

Bringing back all the bdsm/lesbian elements to the Wonder Woman mythology sounds fab to me and I cannot wait for it

Paradise Island as a lesbian utopia full of bondage? Sounds absolutely perfect to me. I hope he brings back all the wacky stuff as well like purple healing rays and giant kangaroos

And finally bringing the characters back to what Marston intended gets a :up: from me. The guy was a genius and probably the best writer the character ever had. So glad Morrison respects him and is going to make the characters more like those wacky, fun golden age stories

This sounds like it might be the best Wonder Woman story since Rucka wrote her. Maybe even better

Paradise Island as a lesbian utopia full of bondage? Sounds absolutely perfect to me. I hope he brings back all the wacky stuff as well like purple healing rays and giant kangaroos

It's Morrison. He made Batman's 50's stories canon.

Yep silly of me to doubt for even a second :up:

I cannot wait for his Wonder Woman story to be published :atp:

I think Morrison would even be great on the other side of WW's world as well, the God stuff.
I've always thought that if Morrison wrote Ares the same way as he wrote Darkseid then we'd have one of the greatest Villains ever written.

Also Diana should take some advice from me, don't try eating the giant kangaroos!

is morrisons WW story actually gonna happen, though? i know he's toyed with the idea of it for some time but i havent heard anything about it actually happening for reals.

I really don't get why it hasn't happened yet.

With what he's done with Batman and Superman, you'd think DC would be all over giving him WW too.

I think he's said that he'll be doing it after Batman Inc is finished :)

I think Morrison would even be great on the other side of WW's world as well, the God stuff.
I've always thought that if Morrison wrote Ares the same way as he wrote Darkseid then we'd have one of the greatest Villains ever written.

Also Diana should take some advice from me, don't try eating the giant kangaroos!

Yep those kangaroos are for riding not om nom nom-ing :ninja:

I bet Morrison would write a really sinister and crazy Ares. I'd love to see him write the Cheetah, Dr Poison or that creepy jive mutha Dr Psycho as well.

He did a pretty good job with Circe in JLA too :up:

That quote was from an interview with playboy from last week where he discusses his POV on many comic characters he's worked on or created. It's very worth reading for Morrison fans. In that article it also says "He’s currently working on a stand-alone Wonder Woman graphic novel for DC."

Playboy has interviews :wow:

I honestly thought it was just pictures of naked women. Not that i would know of such things for I am a chaste virgin maiden :o

>.>

Cannot wait to see what that graphic novel will be like. Hopefully DC will let Morrison do whatever he wants with this story if they do its going to be fun on a bun for sure

Fun on a bun made of fun :up:

With :awesome: sauce on top

I think he's said that he'll be doing it after Batman Inc is finished :)

Yep those kangaroos are for riding not om nom nom-ing :ninja:

I bet Morrison would write a really sinister and crazy Ares. I'd love to see him write the Cheetah, Dr Poison or that creepy jive mutha Dr Psycho as well.

He did a pretty good job with Circe in JLA too :up:

Kangaroo meat is very chewy. God knows how giant Purple ones taste like.

I get the feeling that Dr.Psycho under Morrison would be the most insane creature to ever have crawled from that crazy Scott's brain. Pyg move over!

The best take on that villain was probably either Perez, Rucka's or Simone's but Morrison would probably make him even creepier

I thought Dr.Psycho was the best part of Simone's run :up:

For me it was the Cheetah because I loves some Barbara Minerva

She's like evil Lara Croft if Lara Croft was a lusty cat person :up:

I could never get into Cheetah as much as Diana's other villains, I can never keep up with which version is which..
Maybe Azz-man will streamline the character in his run.

I do hope he uses some of her classic rogues eventually

Wonder Woman had a rogues gallery once upon a time

Honest :up:

I do hope he uses some of her classic rogues eventually

Wonder Woman had a rogues gallery once upon a time

Honest :up:

Perez didn't introduce Cheetah 'til after his first arc. So be patient, she ain't out yet!

Oh I don't mind if it takes a while for her and Wonder Woman's other rogues to show up. I just hope that they do :)

The Circle was my favorite part of Simone's run. Good idea for Amazons-gone-wrong.

That was her best story for the comic book I thought :up:

I dug her run up until after Rise of the Olympian and overall I thought it was pretty neat. Would have been better if DC editorial hadn't messed up her plans and cancelled her run for that awful Odyssey story :(

I had mixed feelings about the new direction Simone was taking the Amazons in by introducing Achilles and his Gargareans, but it had too much potential to be thrown away like it was.

I didn't really like the Gargareans but I thought Achilles was neat. We badly need more gay male heroes in comic books and Achilles was a pretty bad ass one. Riding around on his flying elephant, kicking ass with his magic spear

Good times :up:

Eh, I didn't mind all of Simone's stuff being forgotten. It just wasn't anything compared to Ruck's run.

I do wish they would've let JMS finish his run, though. I still think Odyssey was a pretty interesting story, but the writing went to hell after Hester took over.

Though to be fair I don't think any post crisis Wonder Woman writer was as good as Rucka was. DC never should have kicked him off the series

I did think Hester actually improved on Odyssey a bit. It was still too gory and violent but it did have a talking kitteh and Wonder Woman's love of heavy metal

That was fun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"