The Official WONDER WOMAN Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenixflight

Amazing Amazon
Reaction score
Found this on the DC website. They have one for Sups, Bats, and Aquaman too. Lets discuss the Amazon Princess' future.

wonderwomanoneyearlater1024x76.jpg

Written by Allan Heinberg
Art and cover by Terry Dodson and Rachel Dodson
Variant cover by Adam Kubert

One year after the execution of Maxwell Lord and the earth-shattering events of INFINITE CRISIS, the DCU is still struggling to come to terms with its most powerful heroine. Is she a martyr or a murderer? A politician or a super hero?

Writer Allan Heinberg (Young Avengers, JLA, TV's The O.C. and Sex and the City) and artists Terry and Rachel Dodson (Marvel Knights: Spider-Man, Harley Quinn) provide surprising answers, giving Wonder Woman a fresh, sexy look and a bold new direction!

The series begins with the multi-part "Who Is Wonder Woman?" story arc, paying homage to the character's distinguished history while placing her firmly in the present with an all-new supporting cast, a brand-new mission, and a renewed sense of wonder. A treat for longtime fans and a perfect jumping-on point for new readers, Wonder Woman #1 features the icon you know and love as you've never seen her before!

DC Universe | 32pg. | Color | $2.99 US

On Sale June 7, 2006

wwcv15bv18gc.jpg

I wonder if it's still Diana....cause it better not be Donna troy...cause Donna sucks

phoenixflight said:
Written by Allan Heinberg
Art and cover by Terry Dodson and Rachel Dodson
Variant cover by Adam Kubert

One year after the execution of Maxwell Lord and the earth-shattering events of INFINITE CRISIS, the DCU is still struggling to come to terms with its most powerful heroine. Is she a martyr or a murderer? A politician or a super hero?

Writer Allan Heinberg (Young Avengers, JLA, TV's The O.C. and Sex and the City) and artists Terry and Rachel Dodson (Marvel Knights: Spider-Man, Harley Quinn) provide surprising answers, giving Wonder Woman a fresh, sexy look and a bold new direction!

The series begins with the multi-part "Who Is Wonder Woman?" story arc, paying homage to the character's distinguished history while placing her firmly in the present with an all-new supporting cast, a brand-new mission, and a renewed sense of wonder. A treat for longtime fans and a perfect jumping-on point for new readers, Wonder Woman #1 features the icon you know and love as you've never seen her before!

DC Universe | 32pg. | Color | $2.99 US

On Sale June 7, 2006

wwcv15bv18gc.jpg

Intresting very Intresting .

Lord Blackbolt said:
I wonder if it's still Diana....cause it better not be Donna troy...cause Donna sucks

I agree 100%

It is Diana.

Secondly; I wonder what that variant cover will look like.

Third; I will start a thread and review the Wonder Woman comics once Vol. 3 starts.

Why start a new thread? This one will suffice.

Yeah, we don't need a thread fer reviewin' each comics. Ya can just post in Bought/Thought over at Marvel.

Highly unlikely that it'll end up being Donna. Donna is an okay enough character, but being Wonder Woman isn't her path. It never was.

Besides, I think the whole "Who's going to be replaced by their ward?" question has already been answered: Superman. Supergirl is taking over for him since he lost his powers. He's probably gonna regain them in a month or two, but that bridge has been crossed.

I seriously don't want to see the return of Diana Prince -- it was a silly burden on the character that she is all the better for having gotten rid of -- but I'm thinking that it's the direction that they're going to take this series towards. Heinberg seems to be a fan of modern age WW as well as silver age WW, though, so hopefully he'll manage to combine elements of the two.

Merciful Minerva look at dem boobs!

Which do you think is better, cover #1 or #2?

I like #1 because of the better art and that it gives the character respect in view. #2 does a nice idea of showcasing the main characters of the WW family, the art does no justice.

Yeah, Kubert's style doesn't seem to fit WW at all.

Nice boobs, though.

It looks like that Hippolyta will come back from the dead.

Wow, even though I actually prefer the Kubert cover by a very slim margin -- DC's concept of "legacy" has always been one of their greatest strengths -- I really really hope that they're not bringing Hippolyta back. She died a good death and no one's been clamoring for her to return, just let her alone already.

Not to mention if you're going to be rebooting the series at all, then what the heck is the point of needlessly bringing back complicated plotlines -- resolved complicated plotlines, no less -- from the prior series to clutter up the storylines?? I really really like what's been done with Hippolyta, especially by Jimenez, but there's no denying that she was a complicated plotline, sometimes overly so.

Cover #1 by far, that's art fitting a princess

Here is the cover art work for issue #2. I wonder who she's fighting?!? By the way, I love the new look her costume has!!

WonderWomanCv2.jpg

Why is her costume different in all those other images? :confused:

Anyway, I hate her costume still. A "W" belt doesn't make up for the fact that her costume is generally lame for her character. None of the explanations for it have really been good enough to justify it, either. I don't see what the big deal about just putting her in something like the armor from the current JLA Classified arc is. It retains the color scheme but actually looks appropriate for a warrior who came from a warrior race with strong ties to ancient Greek culture.

Outside of the crappy costume, though, I'm looking forward to the relaunch. Allan Heinberg has shown that he knows how to write a kick-ass superhero story in Young Avengers (despite his TV credits), so I'm looking forward to what he can bring to Wonder Woman. Dodson's a good artist for this type of book, since he's at least got some substance to his art under the cheesy T&A shots he's known for. Not as much as Adam Kubert, but he'll do. I wish Dodson were drawing the covers while Kubert handled interiors but alas for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"