The Official WONDER WOMAN Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'DC Comics' started by phoenixflight, Apr 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mystirious Registered

I dig the choker

But not the pants

2. Mr. Earle Registered

I got used to the pants. When this story is done i hope they keep some of the details of this suit. I dunno, i just dig the extra details and textures on it, LOVE the golden straps, as well as the fact that they removed half of the colours that made her look like a clown.

Personally I would just remove the red cloth on her palms (too reminiscent of boxers or Black Canary) and replace the golden spurs with... a golden strap around her lower leg or something. Just a golden line instead of spurs. But i could also see a skirt replacing the pants after this "urban Diana" story is done.

3. Mystirious Registered

I would like to see her go back to her original costume

I do not hate the new outfit as much as I used to though

4. Mystirious Registered

I would like to see her go back to her original costume

I do not hate the new outfit as much as I used to though

5. Manic User title? USER TITLE?!

I want her new belt to stick around.

6. Nave 'Torment' Vigilante Detective

Definitely classic costume. I loathe the choker and those straps - they're more suggestive of BDSM than anything else on her design! Debate all you want about it's appropriateness.

I haven't picked up any of the recent issues yet, read the first few and I think it'll be easier for me to get the collected edition now.

7. Mystirious Registered

I dig the choker and the straps

Only part of the new costume i really hate is the jacket

The pants are meh the rest is okay and the choker and the straps are hawt :atp:

8. Mr. Earle Registered

Yeah the jacket needs to burn.... oh wait... it did!!! :woot:

9. Nave 'Torment' Vigilante Detective

Oh yeah, that Jacket was miserable! :awesome: Glad they got rid of it. I don't get it, it's not even a part of her 'story' is it? It was pointless. As for the pants, again, with no story connection, I see no point in em. Then again, whoever said clothes were logical to begin with eh?

10. Mystirious Registered

Yep glad the jacket is gone

Hope Hester will ignore that Wonder Woman knuckle duster idea JMS had too :dry:

:awesome:

11. Mr. Earle Registered

You mean the whole branding villains with the W idea? Yeah that sucked.

12. Manic User title? USER TITLE?!

In JMS' mind, Wonder Woman = Zorro

13. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Oh jeez, I'd totally forgotten about that branding idea. What a stupid idea, can't for the life of me see how anyone would think it was a good on. Though, JMS only used it once that I remember, so maybe even he realized that was dumb.

14. Mr. Earle Registered

She needs a stache then. :awesome:

15. GL1 It's pronounced "glee"

Wow, 610 sound pretty frikkin cool. Can't wait to see Hester make his mark.

I agree, it's a vicious cycle, but it is a vicious cycle that no other A-lister has to contend with on it's way to glory.

That's all I'm saying, that it doesn't apply equally to all characters. Regardless, if you have a hardcore fan at the helm with some power, they'll get it done. And if they've savvy, it'll be successful. Unfortunately... no such person exists.

Well, nowadays, creators are fans, but I see your point. I really believe think that the story is in the audience's consciousness, just the image of Wonder Woman. I'd be floored if someone from the general audience referred to Wonder Woman as an Amazon princess. But you're right, at the moment, Her story is more well known than Hal's.

16. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Well, the point itself really does apply equally to all characters. If you have someone behind the thing who doesn't have these things, you probably won't get a good film. That is something that applies to every character, despite popularity. But I do get the point you're driving at here; the probability of something like that happening with a lesser popular or lesser present character (like Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Iron Fist, etc.) is obviously higher. Though, I don't think we can say this person doesn't exist, unless you know and are able to gauge every filmmaker and potential fimmaker and their ability in these areas :oldrazz:

17. Mystirious Registered

It was Wonder Woman is not Zorro :dry: her running around branding people with a W was creepy

18. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I would just keep the tiara/bustier/straps that connect to the outfit (but get rid of the ones that wrap around her arms) and belt. Would also probably make the W a bit bigger again.

19. Nave 'Torment' Vigilante Detective

YES! THE SHOW IS GOING TO HAPPEN!

Entertainment Weekly released today that NBC decided to go with the series after all:

Lasso, bracelets and an invisible jet? Looks like this is meant to be a super-hero series from the get-go without being a purely origin tale of 'how Diana became who she is'. Awesome!

I'm a bit scared about the budget though, does this mean that Kelley and co. had to compromise their original ideas? But that's still a small tally to bear comparing to no series at all. Really glad this is happening!

20. Mystirious Registered

Cheetah will just be a woman wearing cat ears to save money on the budget

21. Manic User title? USER TITLE?!

With a leopard print outfit

22. Mystirious Registered

Hahaha :up:

If she still has the tight leather pants that would be :awesome: like a possum

23. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Nice. I actually do like the sound of that since it does seem fairly traditional in nature (of course, that can always be warped). Nice news. Now we see what kind of numbers it ultimate does. Bracing for the worse in that aspect, but still keeping fingers crossed.

24. Nave 'Torment' Vigilante Detective

Yeah, definitely. Right now I really like the eagle/'w' mingled logo and I think it's a lot better than the tradition two 'W's (i'll post pics if anyone needs em). I hope they go back to that. The small little pendant-like appearance of the 'WW' on the new suit was probably only a good idea in Jim Lee's mind. No matter how much people will love the suit, they can't ignore that it's a fundamental departure from Diana's established costume which has traces of an armor in it, the new suit doesn't. But at this point that's a tired discussion. I do hope they keep the belt, I love the details on it.

25. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Well, okay, now I just feel kind of stupid. I read the full description it elsewhere, and you kind of omitted that she's also apparently a modern CEO woman and being coined a vigilante (you can argue over the semantics of that word, but we all now the context it's generally used in). My optimism just dropped like a rock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.