Days of Future Past The Official X-Men: Days of Future Past Merchandise

That was what I was getting at. I know I should've mentioned it. I was gonna say "Damn Marvel" :(

Calm down. :)

as I posted on another thread, there were posters from Spiderman 2 AND Planet of the Apes sequel by Fox.

This is the second release by that sequel, the first been the banner with the teaser logo.

While we still dont have a teaser logo or poster, but again, Im sure next month will be the month.

I think to X-Maniac's point, there would be no presence from DOFP for this Licensing Expo considering there would be no merchandise for the film.

That makes sense.

I hope The Wolverine / XMDOFP will show up in this year's comic-con convention!

At the very least, I hope Fox would release an Art of the Film book, in the same vein and quality as those from Marvel Studios.

I really hope we get figures of this movie.

either under Fox's money. But I have a feeling we are gonna get them, and more merchandise yet. even if "there is a issue with Marvel" which I dont believe 100%.

At the very least, I would like some screen-accurate (or close enough of) 6"'s of Kitty Pryde, Rogue, young Magneto and Prof. X.

This. I'm dying for another X-Men game even if its not directly tied to DoFP

Its been a long time since we got a X-Men videogame that we can actually play lots of X-Men characters.

X-Men: Official Game only featured 3 to 5 characters as playable characters.

X-Men: Destiny, you can't play any of the X-Men.

I would love to collect action figures again. This is the perfect X-men film for that!

I just won an eBay auction for one of the Trask Industries ballcaps that were distributed at Comic-Con.

Nice! How much? I should search thru eBay for some merch! I'm pretty much on there anyways :D

We got action figures from X1, X2 and some for X3. None for FC and The Wolverine. I really want these. We will never get Banshee or Lady Deathstrike.

The problem Is marvel/disney more likely control merchandising rights for X-Men and they may be doing everything they can for X-Men films to fail.

The thing that annoys me is that Marvel know Fox will not give up the rights, and why should they. It isn't like Marvel are offering them anything, and X-Men makes fox money, its just common sense.

All I know is that if it was a franchise that belonged to me and another company was making me movies that still make me money in the long run through exposure and increased comic sales, I would want to merchandise for them. There is literally no loss for marvel if they did, they would just make money selling toys and making cartoons. IMO Marvel have lost their way and are becoming so Avengers driven it is crushing the other franchises. It is the reason Iron man is the new poster boy and why the avengers just so happen to be involved in every X-book lately.
And before people say well there are still more readers of x-men than avengers, you are right but I think that is the only reason the x-men feature anywhere in marvel anymore. If they started getting more avengers sales than x-men they would probably axe half the x-books and we would lose more characters as they are in book limbo just like the new mutants.

If it is indeed the case (as many of us think) that Marvel retains the rights for merchandising and television shows, then Fox should long ago have got hold of those rights by handing back Daredevil or even Fantastic Four.

Now they have lost Daredevil anyway (having been unable to get the movie into production in time) and are pressing ahead with another Fantastic Four movie. I seriously have my doubts that the F4 reboot will be a big success. People still remember the previous set of movies (they're either hated outright or thought of as cheesy and silly) and I doubt they will be tempted to go and see another set of films.

In my view, it might be better to hand back F4 in exchange for the remaining X-Men rights (merchandising and TV shows) so that we could have Sentinel toys, etc, etc.

But that doesn't seem to be happening so let's hope the new F4 movie is good. Retelling the origin was bad enough in Amazing Spider-Man (after a 12-year gap since Sam Raimi's first Spidey flick) so I don't know how critics and viewers will feel seeing a retelling of an F4 origin from a film that was only 10 years ago (by the time the F4 reboot is released). Having them go into space in search of the Phoenix Force - as mentioned by someone else on here - might be one neat way to go about it. The whole thing really does need to be remarkably different and have a very strong concept to get audiences to go and see it.

Would be nice to see DOFP get the same figure treatment as the other Marvel heroes. There's plenty of characters to make, and I'd probably be suckered in. There's tons of figures to make if there was a movie series collection.

Oh well.

The only merchandising that has been announced thus far has been partnerships with burger joints. bummer.

I'd love a Lego X-Men videogame. I know there's already a Marvel superheroes Lego game coming out, but an X-Men specific one would be awesome.

The videogame that I want to get is X-Men Legends III or a videogame similar to those Legends videogames.

Anyone care to explain what happened with the merchandising rights ? Its a shame if we dont get any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"